Vuile Yorkshire Schorem!! | Vital Football

Vuile Yorkshire Schorem!!

DYS are hard to beat with 11 players. They took Tom and Harry out of the game so we did quite well with just 9.

All I will add to this is; Leeds seem to have a reputation for bottling it.

That is all.

Best of luck Rams.

You're still good for a laugh Basie. Keep it up. He's one game away from a return to the PL as Manager of Derby County. Even if we lose the game he will have had an excellent first season as a gaffer. He says himself he is still a novice, still learning. Why would he leave Derby to go to struggling Brighton?

Well done you Rams. I really had the feeling Leeds would bottle it. I think playing at Elland Road was a disadvantage - there is a neurosis amongst their fans. That said, I hope Leeds make it into the EPL next season as they should be a top-flight club.

Villa at Wembley may be a bit harder I feel. Lady luck may need to smile.

Thanks cropped. Play like we did against Villa in the 2 League games this season and they will win. Play with fire in our bellies like we did last night and we will win.

You're still good for a laugh Basie. Keep it up. He's one game away from a return to the PL as Manager of Derby County. Even if we lose the game he will have had an excellent first season as a gaffer. He says himself he is still a novice, still learning. Why would he leave Derby to go to struggling Brighton?

If Derby are still in the Championship & Brighton come for him he will go. Brighton is much closer to London and is less of a backwater than Derby. Plus of course he will have moved up to The Premiership.

Typical Basie...just because Nottin’em Forest have blown it...again.

Congratulations to you and Stockport County btw, cropped.

Ta ramAnag. Mid-table would be OK with me for next season in the Conference National. I guess same would be tickety-boo for you Rams if you beat Villa and join the greedy league. Though, in part, what's the point ?

This is a great article. It leaves me both sad and angry. :(

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...smashing-of-watford-proves-football-is-broken

I think that if, and it’s an enormous if, we go up most Derby fans would be delighted with anything above third from bottom next season.

The article asks some good questions but I wonder how much things have changed. I’ve been actively following football for about 55 years now and in all that time I think, without checking, about twelve clubs have won the title and it’s been mostly shared between just six, so you do wonder what is the point...unless you happen to be from Leicester.

Coincidentally I have a couple of nephews who’ve resisted the temptation to follow City or United and have stayed loyal to their local club, Stockport County. Imagine they took at least as much pleasure from Stockport at Nuneaton as City fans did at Wembley...maybe that is the point.

Last edited:
6 different winners in the 23 years of the PL to date. 8 different champions in in the last 23 seasons of the League Division 1, 4 of whom are now in the Championship...... but that will be down to 3 by next Monday evening.

Look further at the top 3 and there are almost twice as many teams in the top 3 in the last days of D1 as there have been in the PL.

It's beginning to look like 6 clubs for 4 CL spots for me. The scale of City's wealth is the really scary fact. The other 14 clubs are playing for 7th and a possible Europa spot (and well done to Wolves) but I imagine most owners will make a profit if they can just exist in the EPL.

If Derby do go up, I imagine many neutrals will be rooting for you Rams together with Norwich. Not sure the Blades will get quite as much goodwill.

[ And ramAnag.... well done your Nephews.]

Read an article on that very theme today. The author saying that Citeh's demolition of Watford points to football being broken and that nobody can compete with them. I think Liverpool will compete with them again next season. The rest will again be also rans IMO.

Latest Rams News