Vs "The Rangers"/Sevco/New Club | Page 2 | Vital Football

Vs "The Rangers"/Sevco/New Club

Neil Lennon has thrown his hat in the ring and said he would be interested in a return.

David Moyes is the bookies favourite at the moment.
Lennon is second.
Roy Keane, Owen Coyle, Alan Stubbs, Michael O'Neill and Brendan Rodgers have all also been put as front runners.

Keane turned us down 2 years ago because essentially he found out he wouldn't have as much control as he thought he would. He's not much of a tactician but he has the ability to stand up to the board and sort a lot of things out given the opportunity. He wouldn't take any crap and he'd be a good motivator for the players and fans. He's straight talking and we may need someone like that. It's tactical ability that worries me!

Owen Coyle - In charge of Houston Dynamo in the MLS but considering they're currently sitting 9th out of 10 in their division in the MLS then I don't think he's doing a great job......I'm not convinced he's good enough for us.

Stubbs - put simply he's not ready to manage us. One day in the future perhaps but not yet!

Michael O'Neill - could leave N Ireland after the Euros and he's done a fantastic job there.....however managing a club side is very different to a national team and I'd worry about the transition and if he could have the same impact.

Brendan Rodgers - could be an interesting option but it's whether he could work with our sort of budget that I think is the biggest obstacle.

The other big thing that might put a lot of potential managers off is that we are likely to want to hire on a 1 year rolling contract.

I'm not sure they can convince Moyes, who has to be concerned about going from Man U to Sociedad to Celtic. His resume is taking a beating, though he really got a raw deal at United. I mean, LVG has done worse. I'd welcome Moyes, but will he take it?

Keane could be a disaster. He has not done much as a manager after getting Sunderland back in the EPL. His style may not work with young players and it would create a toxic environment with the media.

Coyle...no. Stubbs blew it.

Michael O'Neill will not be free in time.

Rodgers would be good but I think he's off to Swansea.

I like Marcello gallardo from River Plate. Way out of the box and probably not on the club's radar.

We could do worse than Lennon, but is he the guy we want? Does that move us forward?

I think that's the problem with some of the candidates, they need to be convinced. We're a big club, we shouldn't need to convince a manager about coming here.

Moyes has been unfrotunate but he also needs a club and job where he can rebuild his reputation and find success. That must surely be the appealing part about Celtic?

I would have thought the manager of River Plate was out of our reach to be honest......maybe not, I don't know much about South American football. lol.

I think Lennon is a safe move, he doesn't move us forward or at least not by much but he would steady the ship.

Could we look to our friends in Mexico and take the Santos Laguna manager? Luis Zubeldia, 35 year old Argentinian.
He's managed in Argentina, then apparently spent 16 days at Almeria in Spain (wasn't in charge of a match), then Barcelona in Ecuador, then to Racing Club in Argentina which was his first real long stretch in charge (54 matches), then back to a club in Ecuador for 96 matches before taking over at Santos Laguna.

Sky Sports are reporting that they understand that there has already been "major interest" in the job.......

Some great names in amongst the potential new manager. Would love to see the new manager named asap so the building blocks can start. Progression through the Champion League Qualifiers should be seen as a bonus this year and not a must as I would say unrealistic chance of qualifying with only a few weeks of being in charge. League title is the "must"

Champions League qualification would be a bonus but I think with the players we have and the size of club we have, Europa League should still be more than possible! We should look to be qualifying from our group or at least pushing close in 3rd in the Europa League.

One positive is that we're unlikely to lose anyone we really couldn't do without. There's also not that many that will be away to the Euros either! In fact the only ONE player going to the Euros from our team is likely to be Mikael Lustig. Nobody else plays for a country that qualified. Simunovic is unlikely to be called into the Croatia squad especially given his injury and lack of game time.
Embarrassingly Aberdeen are likely to have more players at the Euros than us! Niall McGinn for N Ireland and Jonny Hayes for Rep Ireland. Even bloody Kilmarnock have 2 players in the N Ireland squad!

Latest Celtic News