vs the Cobblers | Page 7 | Vital Football

vs the Cobblers

"Physical Gills" out-muscled and well beaten by more physical Northampton Town. IMO, could have done with 6`5" Medley in the middle with Ogilvie, who was constantly out-hassled tonight, playing at LB with O`Connor, who has been disappointing since he returned, on the bench.

But our biggest need remains up front with someone with pace as well as strength to play off of Oliver. Sorry Big John but it`s not you.

Be interesting to see who goes and who arrives, but there needs to be change. We could still challenge for a high mid-table place but, on the basis of tonight, we`re a way off play-off contention.

We were cursed from the minute the Radio Kent/Northampton man announced that his co-commentator was the Brackley Town manager !

Onwards and westwards we go........

How come the Radio Kent sports journo is not allowed to travel now due to new rules but Peter Lloyd is? I thought us guys is tier 4 are not allowed to travel unless it is for work etc?

Not being funny, but it is for work! Maybe BBC local radio have take that decision, but I guess that doesn't apply to Lloyd on a freelance basis and he's entitled to cover matches as a host for the local station - he's just going to work as a lot of other people are. I presume he's still got his record of attending evert Gills game for 40+ years intact and wants to keep that going!

The superstar management team are proving to be no better than the previous lot.
Once Ehmer wasnt replaced, those of us who can remember the Brean, Butler season would know what to expect.

An experienced solid center back is a must in this transfer window if we wantbto stand any hope of an upper mid table position at the end of the year

Yep. Shit again. I take full responsibility by paying for ifollow again. Sorry all. I’ll give the next one a miss. I fail to see how we can have so few shots on target, AGAIN! Ffs, what do we actually do in training???? Shambles at the back again too. Bugger.

In the interests of the team I stayed away. So, its not me then.

I'll be back for the next game.

I guess Steve was hoping for a similar performance and result to the Rochdale game, going with the same lineup and setup.
Just shows that football management is not as easy as picking the same team that did well in the last game!

Not being funny, but it is for work! Maybe BBC local radio have take that decision, but I guess that doesn't apply to Lloyd on a freelance basis and he's entitled to cover matches as a host for the local station - he's just going to work as a lot of other people are. I presume he's still got his record of attending evert Gills game for 40+ years intact and wants to keep that going!
I thought he was jsut a fan doing some commentary - for free.

Bet the possession figures were in our favor - shows what that means.
We had 57% possession, dominated the 2nd half but rarely looked like scoring. Too many players having an off day; Akinde too slow, O'Connor anonymous, even the usually reliable Ogilvie and Tucker were indecisively poor. All three goals could so easily have been prevented, Northampton couldn't believe their luck.
Sooo frustrating after the Rochdale game. Come back Jordan Graham soon please.

Just need to win all our games and we'd have a chance of automatics
It is easier said than done. But a few more draws should not be beyond this team.A friend of mine used to always say you have to be able to draw games .This side don't appear to have that ability. Staying unbeaten helps confidence which is important in a young side.

Dashed home last night from work, and was happy the game was at 7:45pm for s change. Got in and missus and the boy were watching UFC. They said do you want to watch the football? I cracked open a beer, and watched a lot lot of blood and guts being spilt, and s hell of a lot of passion!

Last edited:
In the interests of the team I stayed away. So, its not me then.

I'll be back for the next game.
No it's not you Mark, it's me. My first away ifollow. I thought, should I, shouldn't I, what could possibly go wrong. Should have known better, whenever we are winning away I put radio Kent on to listen to the rest of the game , and low and behold we concede within 5 minutes of me tuning in. Sorry everyone.

No it's not you Mark, it's me. My first away ifollow. I thought, should I, shouldn't I, what could possibly go wrong. Should have known better, whenever we are winning away I put radio Kent on to listen to the rest of the game , and low and behold we concede within 5 minutes of me tuning in. Sorry everyone.
Don't be too harsh on yourself. It's me. Seen 4 of the last five games. Shit every time.

Good news for everyone, I'm out on Saturday so can't make us lose again.