vs Sunderland | Page 4 | Vital Football

vs Sunderland

The trumpet sounding on Samuel's signature one good game then nothing. Time to leave him out.Poor to miss a pen from Graham but again proves he has the qualities in attacking areas helping to win the penalty.Need to look at other options alongside or in front of him.Free up Graham to a free attacking role .Let Samuel come on and fight for the one place in alongside of him.

Horrid injury crisis leading to this poor run of form. That said, no goals in 5 games or so is tough to swallow given no doubt a sizeable amount of our tiny budget has gone on two strikers.

To lose to an apparent dodgy penalty decision after missing one of our own is a bit gutting though.

Well Akinde wouldn't. He'd be late arriving and then would say "Nah. To be honest I can't bothered to make the effort".

I've tried to give him every chance and defend him but he made Zero effort today.

We can't afford players who won't make the effort.

At least we've put the run of top teams behind us. Thankfully those early wins will have keep us out of the relegation zone. Time to wipe our mouths and move onto Tuesday.
You didn't see him on Tuesday did you?

In the conditions I thought Gills played really well but we have gone 4 games without a goal and we missed a penalty when we were on top in the game. A minute or two later we had Macdonald sent off and that was the end for us. We are defending well but we need to score. Very disappointed.

Horrid injury crisis leading to this poor run of form. That said, no goals in 5 games or so is tough to swallow given no doubt a sizeable amount of our tiny budget has gone on two strikers.

To lose to an apparent dodgy penalty decision after missing one of our own is a bit gutting though.
The team on paper was still a strong one.I feel that Samuel might hold the key .Evans needs to perhaps move him up top or drop him short term.Playing him deep isn't working. Moving him central would of course mean we have no target man .But we have not been taking advantage of that anyway.It would strengthen the midfield having more real midfield players out there would help at both ends I believe.

Goalkeeper apart (and the new one was good today anyway) that was more or less our strongest team starting today with Jackson and Ogilvie back plus Dempsey in the middle so don’t think we can can really blame injuries today.
The whole game swung on our missed penalty and red card so only have ourselves to blame for losing.

One very odd thing about today was that Sunderland didn’t have a single black player on the pitch including subs. Very unusual these days.

Goalkeeper apart (and the new one was good today anyway) that was more or less our strongest team starting today with Jackson and Ogilvie back plus Dempsey in the middle so don’t think we can can really blame injuries today.
The whole game swung on our missed penalty and red card so only have ourselves to blame for losing.
The possibly is though in defence of those blaming injuries that some players played with injuries which could have affected us in the later stages of the game .

The possibly is though in defence of those blaming injuries that some players played with injuries which could have affected us in the later stages of the game .
But this whole injury crisis is to blame for us being in this poor run as it is. Poor runs are difficult to shake off even at full strength. I can’t comment on how well/badly the likes of Jackson and Dempsey looked (Oliver I’m not too worried about).

I make it we’re still weaker in midfield having lost O’Keefe and Robertson, two guaranteed starters. Would Mellis have started alongside Dempsey? Would Drysdale have been in the squad? It’s always weird with midfield to say who would start in the absence of someone else.

I do wonder if after all these years I will ever understand football. Every season we get hopeful about new signings and having a fresh start. This season even more optimistic than usual - followed by some really encouraging performances. Well that is now seven and a half hours staring at a laptop (eight hours including all the stoppage time) and not seeing a Gills goal. Funny thing is I am still hopeful for the Crewe game. I still think we have decent players, a decent manager and it will all look far better in a few weeks. I do wonder how long my glass will be half full.

I do wonder if after all these years I will ever understand football. Every season we get hopeful about new signings and having a fresh start. This season even more optimistic than usual - followed by some really encouraging performances. Well that is now seven and a half hours staring at a laptop (eight hours including all the stoppage time) and not seeing a Gills goal. Funny thing is I am still hopeful for the Crewe game. I still think we have decent players, a decent manager and it will all look far better in a few weeks. I do wonder how long my glass will be half full.

That’s the spirit Suffolk.

Now take your medication and have a lie down. Nurse will be in soon..........

Ha. One of them is black, but he’s my favourite so you can’t kick him. The other 3 are fair game though.

Oh, and black cats matter. ✊

Send the black cat up north with the Sunderland players! Sorry, but that's the one that gets the kicking!

We look so vulnerable at the back and look desperate for a vocal, organiser/leader to help the kids.

Stating the bleeding obvious but our confidence looks so fragile and we desperately need to go in front in a game but when you don't take chances you create in games that creates a nervousness and more pressure to keep a clean sheet.

When you've got a small squad, suffering with injuries and suspensions, more than ever you need your experienced players to lead. Some of our more experienced players just are doing that, either in work ethic or decision making.

Akinde, whilst good on Tuesday was back to the performance level we've seen for most of his time with us-like it was all to much effort. Samuel again not looking like the player most of us thought/hoped we'd signed. MacDonald lunge today was just another rash rush of blood.

We need every single squad member giving their all more than ever at the moment and on top of that we need a little bit of luck to go our way.