vs Sunderland | Page 3 | Vital Football

vs Sunderland

2-0.

Not good, it's going to be hard to get out of this rut with a young and increasingly threadbare squad that create very few chances.

And mugged for an undeserved second. The sort of lucky goal - average finish that ricocheted up off the keeper and bounced in - that, at the moment, we'll never get.

I’d say that we were architects of our own demise and have been turned over by a very mediocre team.
Feel gutted again.
God knows how the players must be feeling.
It’s going to be a hard job to pick ourselves up from this one.

So depressing and predictable sadly - I really find watching us painful at the moment.

Now for France and Ireland to engineer a result in the rugby that will mean England don't win the Six Nations to really top the day off!

I believe that beats the record in my 56 years of support for failing to score. The previous was 4 league games in our 10 losses in a row 88/9 (was 5 games if you include LCup loss in 11 match losing run).

Evans needs to take the squad to a brothel to see if they can score there.

I believe that beats the record in my 56 years of support for failing to score. The previous was 4 league games in our 10 losses in a row 88/9 (was 5 games if you include LCup loss in 11 match losing run).

That was under Damien Richardson if I recall correctly.

Terrible penalty effort from Graham who I thought had the poorest game I’ve seen him have- countless crosses hoofed into the Rainham End from good positions in second half. Also the rebound should have been an open goal tap on for Samuel but he contrived to hit it down into the ground and over the bar.
Macdonald made a non league type lunge when the ball was 5 yards away and I don’t think he’ll be missed for his 3 game ban.
I still think it was a rightly given penalty for Sunderland - but it did seem the ref was going to ignore the challenge until the Lino flagged to give it.
The second goal all our players were upfield apart from Robertson but Gooch did better to control the bouncing ball then had enough pace to run half the length of the pitch and score with a scruffy finish.
I don’t recall their keeper making a save other than the penalty, the balance of the team is still not right and something needs to change.

Well Akinde wouldn't. He'd be late arriving and then would say "Nah. To be honest I can't bothered to make the effort".

I've tried to give him every chance and defend him but he made Zero effort today.

We can't afford players who won't make the effort.

At least we've put the run of top teams behind us. Thankfully those early wins will have keep us out of the relegation zone. Time to wipe our mouths and move onto Tuesday.