vs Sunderland | Vital Football

vs Sunderland

I wonder if Akinde has a knock to drop him to the bench as his second half at Ipswich was superb.

Think there was a quote on twitter yesterday from SE saying that Akinde didn’t pull up too good after the Ipswich game. A bad back or something.

In his interview today he said he was resting him after 2 tough hit outs and Oliver is fresh.

I think we’ve been the best team and they have had the best chances.
Winable game.

Agree I just worry about us at the Back , Tucker seems to go AWOL at times leaving them in acres of space usually in the area. Ogilvie has bollocked him twice.

Just need that goal as Sunderland are poor for a club their size

A poor and scrappy first half, but to be expected with awful conditions and two managers generally not known for playing football, even in good conditions.

We were the better side for the first 20 and had a couple of half decent chances - especially for corners and set pieces, but no really good chances. After that Sunderland were the better team and had a goal ruled out for offside - probably tight, but they didn't seem to complain too much, then a couple of decent chances after that. A nice bit of skill from Dempsey bang on half time creating something from nothing, but strangely he turned and played it back when both Oliver and Samuel looked to be in good positions in the box - then the whistle went.

Frustrating from Samuel again - not really getting in the game and going to ground easily. Jackson was booked for what to me looked like a wonderfully timed tackle where he clearly played the ball.

All to play for in the second half, it's going to be a scrappy battle, but we're in it and we'll need to be physically tough against a Parkinson side.

We’ve had a fairly even share of the ball for a change but in the final third it breaks down.
Sunderland looked like they were barely trying then scored what looked like a perfectly good goal which was given offside. They missed another guilt edged chance by kicking it over from 6 yards out in centre of goal.
Jackson perhaps unluckily booked/ clearly won the ball but slid through the player and their bench all jumped up protesting.