vs Sunderland | Page 5 | Vital Football

vs Sunderland

Great result !! Played Sunderland 4 times this season, and haven't lost once II If only we could have seen off AFCW last weekend.

5 teams on 59 points now inc Sunderland! Very tight in the playoff places. Gills remain 8 points outside it.
Nobody seriously thinks that three of the teams six teams in and below the play off's will get ten or less from their remaining nine or ten fixtures?Many on here where convinced that to get too the play off's we would need approximately 69 to 72 points.That is now looking like dreamland.I said at the time 70 to 75 and frankly I now I think the upper figure might not be enough.
I was so busy I missed even the commentary today catching the last few minutes. Boy we left it late again. But Mandron again proved a handful it seems. Good for him in my book he was very unlucky to be dropped in the first place. But he has certainly given the manager the right response when given another chance.

Nobody seriously thinks that three of the teams six teams in and below the play off's will get ten or less from their remaining nine or ten fixtures?Many on here where convinced that to get too the play off's we would need approximately 69 to 72 points.That is now looking like dreamland.I said at the time 70 to 75 and frankly I now I think the upper figure might not be enough.
I was so busy I missed even the commentary today catching the last few minutes. Boy we left it late again. But Mandron again proved a handful it seems. Good for him in my book he was very unlucky to be dropped in the first place. But he has certainly given the manager the right response when given another chance.

Its better to have some hope (even unrealistic) to keep the season alive as long as possible :)

Nobody seriously thinks that three of the teams six teams in and below the play off's will get ten or less from their remaining nine or ten fixtures?Many on here where convinced that to get too the play off's we would need approximately 69 to 72 points.
No I don’t think we will make it, just keeping an eye on the gap to the top 6, our poor start to the season has cost us I think.

I agree, just seen it. Evans said so too in his interview
Just watched it on Sky highlights about 8 times. On all 8 occasions it was clearly offside and I don't mean by one of those poxy VAR pubic hair/ little toe margins.

Well done Gills for fighting on, even though it cost me a massive lead in the Prediction League as I'd predicted 2 1 Mackems.

Looking at the sky sports highlights, I would say that their second goal was at least half a yard offside.

At the point that their striker appears on the screen, the ball has already moved a reasonable distance and we can't clearly see where he was when the ball was played.

Capture - 1.PNG

Baring in mind he was running quicker than our defenders at this point, he might have been marginally onside at the point the midfielder played the ball.

At the point that their striker appears on the screen, the ball has already moved a reasonable distance and we can't clearly see where he was when the ball was played.

View attachment 37948

Baring in mind he was running quicker than our defenders at this point, he might have been marginally onside at the point the midfielder played the ball.
I thought the scorer was Lafferty, not Bolt.

I've just seen the highlights, watched back the 2nd Sunderland goal about 5/6 times and each time it look offside from the momment the other Sunderland player passed it.

Quality 2nd equaliser from Mandron, great seeing the Sunderland players fall to their knees in despair, big time charlies ha ha. Not that easy getting out of this league one lark is it?

In order for us to have any realistic chance of play-offs we needed a win which would have put us just 5 behind Sunderland. I'm still well happy with a point though.

If we finish in the top half that will be success in my eyes and chuck in an enjoyable 15 game unbeaten run, FA cup run including a game vs Premier League West Ham it's been a good season.

My main concern now is whether Evans will stay on for another season, if he does I will be feeling confident of a top 6 push.
Largely agree with the above.

How many of us thought we'd be wanting him to stay 8 months ago?

Largely agree with the above.
How many of us thought we'd be wanting him to stay 8 months ago?

I don't recall many people saying he was a bad manager.

The reasons many of us didn't want him were twofold:
1. His behaviour in the dugout, etc. TBF, at the moment he does seem to be containing himself.
2. He falls out with chairmen and never stays very long. The jury is still out on that one.

Now we still have voices of dissent about the style of play and particularly what some fans see as "hoofball" and not everything in the garden is as rosy as Scally made out this week.

To his credit, he has made us hard to beat and no pushover for any team plus we are seeing the likes of Tucker and Ogilvie develop in to valuable assets.

Impossible to tell from the angle of the tv footage, but Max appeals and runs straight towards the linesman once Lafferty scores.

Not sure O'Connor had quite the impact he would have wanted as sub, beaten by Lafferty to the header for the first goal and got caught in possession in midfield for the second.