Vs Partick | Page 4 | Vital Football

Vs Partick

Not at our best, forgot our passing game 2nd 45 - still won! Tasty ragin' hun tears to enjoy over the pen decision too.

We tried to go forward every time we got the ball 2nd half which seemed daft. Should have scored more but wrong option too many times tonight.

Getting sick of this Armstrong shit! We were a man down when he came on :emoticon:29

It's strange to say that our U12s against Kilmarnock looked far more fluid than we did last night!

Partick is always a difficult game for us. They really raise their game against us and always make it difficult, even last season we had a couple of wins by 3 or 4 but they weren't easy wins!

TOTALLY agree with your point about Armstrong though Tic. He was AWFUL last night and BR has warned him now as well because he clearly wasn't impressed with what he saw either! He's got to make a decision, if he or his agent knows of an offer for Armstrong to leave then leave.....if he doesn't want that offer then sign the new contract and get your head sorted and in the game and concentrate on Celtic! Until his future is sorted, don't expect to see him start and I'd actually say don't expect him too much off the bench!

BR has said after the game that he may look at bringing in another striker! Griffiths was supposed to play the full 90mins last night but he'd been feeling his calf again so to be safe, they brought him off the bench and just gave him 30mins. I think he's realised that there's only so many times we can get away with not having a proper striker on the pitch and if Griffiths can't be 100% and Dembele is still out then he needs someone else in to push for a place. I'll write something in the transfer thread on this situation!

Need to bounce back from defeat against Partick Thistle tonight.
Tom Rogic is out until the New Year with a knee problem.
Jozo Simunovic picked up a knock against Hearts and is a doubt for the game.
Patrick Roberts as we know is out for some time and is receiving treatment back at Man City. Otherwise we have no fresh injuries.

Suggestions have been that there won't be a "knee-jerk reaction" to the defeat to Hearts, and for that reason I don't think we'll see as many changes to the team as some of us may like.
I'd be very surprised if Ajer doesn't start tonight. I don't know if Ralston is fit but if he is I'd like him to start.

Ideally (based on not changing the team too much) I'd go with:

Gordon

Lustig - Boyata - Ajer

Ralston - Brown - Kouassi - Miller

Armstrong - Sinclair

Griffiths

If Ralston isn't fit enough then maybe play Hayes in the wing-back role or Forrest can do it too.

Tonight's team:

Gordon
Lustig - Boyata - Ajer - Tierney
Forrest - Brown - Armstrong - Sinclair
McGregor
Edouard

Subs: Hazard, Johnston, Sviatchenko, Ntcham, Hayes, Dembele and Griffiths.

A lot of the time Tierney is pushing so far up that it's a 3 man defence instead of 4.

GOAL! Armstrong! 1-0!

What a hit! Left footed striker from the left corner of the box and right into the far corner! Cracker!

2-0! Tierney on 67 mins! Great strike!

69 mins and the fans in the stadium tonight, stand up and applaud the achievement of 69 games unbeaten! Great gesture!

Mikey Johnston also comes on to replace Scott Sinclair.

Been watching, but just got a chance to jump in here. Solid performance today. I predicted a 3-0 victory and we're well on the way to it. I think we look much better with Armstrong in the middle than any other option. He's got pace and really is a threat running to the box. I think Rodgers needs to make him a bigger priority.

We've all been rather quiet on here recently but we're back to League action after the winter break now and tonight we play Partick Thistle at Firhill after a 5-0 home win against Brechin City in the Scottish Cup on Saturday.
Brendan Rodgers has decided to stick with the same starting 11 as the Brechin game.

Gordon
Lustig - Boyata - Ajer - Tierney
Brown - Ntcham
Forrest - McGregor - Sinclair
Edouard

Subs: DDV, Griffiths, Dembele, Simunovic, Bitton, Johnstone, Kouassi

Ajer seems to have cemented his place in the team these days and rightly so.....since he's been in the team over the last couple of months, we've yet to concede a goal!

Armstrong picked up an injury when away in Dubai during the break, so both McGregor and Ntcham are seeing more game time than they may otherwise. Rogic is also still injured but has now returned to training. Roberts was training with the team during the break but we'll not want to rush him back so he's still unavailable, same goes for Ralston.

1-0......to Partick Thistle! Penalty converted by Connor Sammon. All because there was a slight and I mean very slight pull on the arm of Storey by Lustig after he miscontrolled the ball on the edge of the box from a cross.

We've had most of this game and we had a few chances in the first few minutes but as the half has gone on, Partick have looked more comfortable and the goal has given them a real lift now and they're pushing even harder!

We need a bit of spark and creativity because it's proving difficult to break through the Thistle defence!

Latest Celtic News