Vs Hibs | Page 4 | Vital Football

Vs Hibs

Well that sucked. This is a down period for form at the club. Aside from the one drubbing of Motherwell, we've been off the boil. The midfield is just not coordinated and I can't put my finger on a culprit. The biggest criticism I have is that we go with the same shape and tactics and opponents are learning to read it.

To be fair, Lennon always has a good game plan against us and his team plays hard. Fair play to them. I wouldn't mind signing McGinn. Stokes really played hard and McGeough was a nuisance.

Our problem seems to be in the middle of the part. I like CalMac but it just doesn't seem to come off with him there. I like Rogic or Armstrong better. Also, I think Griffiths is really missed. He sets up a lot of goals and is a threat to shoot from outside. He really makes defenders sweat in different ways. Edouard and Dembele are terrific, but they play a similar game and it's one that a clogged box can defend. :emoticon:16

Today's team to play Hibs at Celtic Park:

Gordon
Ajer - Boyata - Simunovic - Tierney
Ntcham - Brown
Forrest - McGregor - Sinclair
Griffiths

Subs: DDV, Gamboa, Bitton, Miller, Dembele, Edouard and Kouassi.

This could actually be a back 3 with Tierney moving forward to LWB and Sinclair moving infield to support Griffiths.

wee_od_88 - 27/1/2018 14:39

This could actually be a back 3 with Tierney moving forward to LWB and Sinclair moving infield to support Griffiths.

That appears to be the shape of it. It's working pretty well so far.

Now Griff misses a nice opportunity. The ball was bouncing a bit, though. We'll bury one of these soon.

And there it is! Nice cross from Tierney and Griff bounces it in from an acute angle. 1-0! :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01

Hi Welch! Just managed to get a stream and get logged back on. Have we had most of the chances etc so far? How are we playing? System working?

Oh no! Looks like Griffiths is being forced off with an injury! Head in his hands, punching the ground....he knows he's done something bad!

Dembele or Edouard?

Looks like it's going to be Dembele! With all the talk going on at the moment, this game is his moment to show whether he wants to be here and/or show other teams just how good he is!

Dorus de Vries on at HT for Craig Gordon who was down injured at the end of the first half after a collision with Efe Ambrose from a Hibs corner.

It's also strange to see that it looks as though since Dembele came on, we've moved to a 4-2-3-1 like we often play instead of the back 3. Boyata is playing RB...... :emoticon:10

Sat 21/04/18

CELTIC (3-5-1-1) Gordon; Hendry, Ajer, Boyata; Forrest, Ntcham, Brown, McGregor, Tierney; Rogic, Griffiths

Subs: Bain, Simunovic, Roberts, Sinclair, Edouard, Musonda, Kouassi

Griff starts.

Chance to wrap it up today at Easter rd. (I was there last time we did it)

Sat 21/04/18

CELTIC (3-5-1-1) Gordon; Hendry, Ajer, Boyata; Forrest, Ntcham, Brown, McGregor, Tierney; Rogic, Griffiths

Subs: Bain, Simunovic, Roberts, Sinclair, Edouard, Musonda, Kouassi

Griff starts.

Chance to wrap it up today at Easter rd. (I was there last time we did it)

Latest Celtic News