Vs Hibs | Vital Football

Vs Hibs

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
It's been SO long since we last played Hibs I thought it would be easier to start a new thread! Lol.

Following on from what Tic said in the CL thread, no Brown or Armstrong today and both are out of the Scotland game.
I would expect to see Ntcham and Bitton control the midfield with either CalMac or Rogic in front of them.

Gordon
Lustig - Simunovic - Boyata - Tierney
Bitton - Ntcham
Roberts - CalMac - Sinclair
Griffiths

Subs: DDV, Ralston, Dembele, Forrest, Rogic, Hayes, Benyu/ Henderson

With two of our CMs out, we'll need cover on the bench and unless I'm just not thinking of someone that will mean either Benyu or Henderson might need a spot on the bench.
It means the likes of Ajer would not be on the bench and given he could play CM or CB it might actually be better to have him on instead. There would be no place for Edouard either.

CELTIC (3-1-4-2) Gordon; Lustig, Boyata, Tierney; Ntcham; Forrest, Rogic, McGregor, Hayes; Edouard, Dembele.

Subs: De Vries, Ajer, Ralston, E. Henderson, Sinclair, Roberts, Griffiths

Interesting team. A back 3 with Ntcham sitting/controlling. Forrest and Hayes as wing-backs with Rogic and CalMac central. French connection up front.

G'day Ghents. :emoticon:14 I like the team selection. Should work well. Lenny is going at us and cutting off space. Good stuff from both sides so far.

Wow! Lovely Griffiths-like finish from McGregor. Great hold up play from Dembele sets it up. Very nice. 1-0.

This is a tough day for me. I'm a big fan of Neil Lennon, but I think he;s going to have a tough day today.

Good work and strong possession so far. We're getting closer in to their end, but Lenny has their defense pretty well organized.

Commentators are right as well, we're not sued to a team coming and attacking quite so much! But we're dealing with it well so far!

Sinclair on at HT for Edouard.

Apparently going to more of a back 4 with Hayes playing LB and Tierney at LCB. Can only assume that Edouard either isn't fit enough yet or he's picked up a niggly little injury otherwise why change the personel just to change our shape? Edouard has played as a winger in the pasty so no reason he couldn't have just been moved out wide.

Well that was bad defending. Gave McGinn way too much time to square that up. SO le's get back to it!

Very true, Tic. He's a better passer than he gets credit for being and his ability to win the ball is really lacking today.

YYYAAASS! NIce cross from Griff creates havoc and McGregor picks his spot for the equalizer! :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:01

Stonewall penalty not given. Ambrose was caught red handed, except that COlum was reading a Sevco blog on his iPhone at the time.

Well, fair play to HIbs for playing hard. Lennon had them well organized and with strong effort. Sure, there were bad calls by Colum--very bad calls--but we looked like we had a hangover from Anderlecht.

Latest Celtic News