vs Hearts | Page 9 | Vital Football

vs Hearts

What a moment for the 16 year old, Hearts' Harry Cochrance opens the scoring for Hearts.

Brendan needs to change something and quick because we're not playing well here. The gameplan isn't working!

Everyone wants too much time on the ball, particularly in our defensive third.....it's time we're not getting. We end up just punting it but then it just comes back at us. This is uncharacteristic of us!

Brown and Ntcham have NO structure in CM! They're running around like headless chickens. McGregor is playing in front of them but equally he's not really in the game.

WHAT THE FUCK?????

McGregor turns into a Hearts player, Lusitg and Boyata caught high up the pitch, for some reason Simunovic goes over to the ball when Brown is there, that leaves Lafferty all on his own where Boyata and/or Tierney should be covering but we're so out of position that there's nobody there and to be fair to Lafferty, he hits the shot from quite far out and it hits the post and goes in, not much Gordon can do.

FAR too many times, balls are being played into areas of our defensive third and we're letting it bounce or run and that immediately is putting us in trouble because Hearts are working so hard that they still have someone running for the ball.

It's not working for Griffiths today! Twice now Forrest has cut the ball back for him but he's not managed to get a good connection and get a shot on goal. He either needs some help up front or I can't even think what else. We're playing shite in this first half!

Obviously, a poor first half. They are doing a good job of breaking any kind of rhythm and playing very physically. Might need to pull CalMac and put Dembele on. He can handle this kind of physical game. Again, we aren't offering enough in the middle of the park.

Quite possibly the worst half of football I've seen us play in the past 2 seasons......or possibly longer! Absolutely horrific! No fight, determination, sloppy play and passing. We weren't able to close them down in their half because the ball was never fucking there! :emoticon:21 :emoticon:13 :emoticon:26

I wasn't convinced by the starting line-up when I saw it, I thought we could have done with switching it up a bit more again because we've not been playing well recently. Well the whole team are playing even worse so far today!

I'm not sure this is the game for McGregor or Ntcham, Griffiths would be fine up front but he's not go the physicality to do it alone today. Kouassi on in CM might shore things up a bit, add a bit of bite and fight. BR has said something to Dembele on the bench during the first half so expect to see him sometime soon!
Both of our CBs are having mares today! :emoticon:29 to be fair to Hearts, they're not giving them time to have a decent game and are giving Simunovic and Boayata a hard time!

We played that 45 with half a team and no aggression. Being swamped in the middle and hertz players are hunting in packs and easily closing us down. Predictably tedious game plan from us where getting it wide seems to be the be all and end all. Griff up against four whilst CalMac is wandering about the place like a tourist and giving away cheap possession.

Defensively... eff me

4-4-2 second half

Missed the goal but can't imagine that's what BR wanted to start the second half!

Dembele and Armstrong on.....Ntcham and CalMac off is it? Hearts have been getting the bounce of the ball today and sometimes games just go like that but we're simply not helping ourselves!

Latest Celtic News