vs Hearts | Vital Football

vs Hearts

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
Tomorrow (Saturday) we play Hearts in the league for the first time in a couple of seasons. They've been doing well, had a cracking start to the season, particularly for a newly promoted club but their last couple of games have been poorer for them. We, on the other hand are on the up again as far as performances go!

Mulgrew is out with a thigh injury and is even likely to miss the Scotland games in October.
I believe Armstrong is still out for now as well.
Simunovic twisted his ankle during training which is why he missed the midweek game but Deila thinks he should be OK for tomorrow's game, however they may not want to risk him so that he's definitely fit for next Thursday's game.

Deila rested a number of players midweek so that they would be fresher for this weekend and Thursday's Europa League game.

I expect we will see:

Gordon
Lustig - Boyata - Simunovic/Blackett - Izzy
Brown - Bitton
Forrest - Rogic - GMS
Griffiths

Subs: Bailly, Janko, Blackett/Tierney, Ambrose, Commons, Johansen, Ciftci

That's probably correct, though I'm hoping to see Commons in over Rogic in behind Griffiths. Nothing against Rogic, but Commons adds a dimension to the attack that we haven't had since Nakamura. Commons did score 30 goals the season before Deila showed up!

So it's:

Lustig-----Ambrose-----Boyata----Izzy
------Brown-------------Bitton----------
Forrest---------Rogic------Commons------
---------------------Griffiths--------------

Good first half, dominating possession and creating a lot of chances. Some unlucky misses. We need to pump on in early and get more firmly in the driver's seat.

This is piss poor. Ambrose red carded in the dying seconds and they have a free kick outside the box.

Hearts loaded the box and kept 11 men behind the ball. We had many chances in the first half, fewer the second. Tons of possession, no goals. Sound familiar? This formation is beyond played out.

Hearts loaded the box and kept 11 men behind the ball. We had many chances in the first half, fewer the second. Tons of possession, no goals. Sound familiar? This formation is beyond played out.

Hearts this weekend. Difficult game, they know how to play against us so we'll have to be at our best!

This online petition to have Deila sacked is taking things too far! We, the fans, can voice our displeasure and we can tell the board how we feel by not turning up at games and booing the team when deserved but we can't send them a petition to have him sacked! Unfortunately we have to wait for the board to act on their own.
I said this to welch yesterday, I read a good point about the possibility of Deila being sacked......how do the board justify sacking him when we're top of the league? We can't sack him during the season unless results in the league get so bad that we lose top spot! In the summer we could get away with it if the board feel the league performances aren't improving enough and that the European performances have been bad and don't believe they'll get any better.

Celtic team: Gordon; Lustig, Boyata, Simunovic, Tierney; Bitton, Johansen; McGregor, Rogic, Armstrong; Ciftci

Subs: Bailly, Izaguirre, Ambrose, Allan, Mackay-Steven, Cole, Forrest

Not exactly a creative or free-scoring selection but stranger things have happened...

Hope everybody had a nice Christmas :emoticon:07

Latest Celtic News