vs Coventry | Page 3 | Vital Football

vs Coventry

I think there is £5,000 for the winner, not a lot when the you consider the Trophy games are worth £10,000 a win.

Coventry should have been down to 9. Two, or three, awful challenges.
Gutted for O’Keefe but a quick word about young Robertson.
Best player on the park tonight for me.
Covered every blade of grass, made some great tackles and certainly does not lack confidence for one so young.
he has a certain amount of what I like to call the Hessie attitude in the middle.
I reckon we could have a real gem there.

Daylight robbery, but given some of Coventry's disgusting tackles, I have no sympathy for their undeserved defeat - they should have been down to 10 possibly 9 and conceded a penalty before the penalty at the death that Graham converted excellently.

Lets start with the positives:

- We for once mugged someone else and won a game we didn't deserve to win.

- The young lad Robertson looks a class act and someone who could fill that key position of defensive midfield, which may be vital given the unfortunate injuries to O'Keefe and Dempsey.

- Graham, one of the few impressive players in the first few games was again one of the few players who impressed tonight It also looks like he knows how to take a pen, which is something we've lacked for many seasons. Also, he impressed in a more advanced role.

- Oliver looked better tonight, causing Cov some probs with physical presence an aerial ability - very much an alternative to Akinde rather than someone to play with him up top.

The negatives:

- Like Saturday, we were again outplayed by a team who for me are far from world beaters. Not sure to what extent they rested players (whether they rested a few like us, the whole team or no one as don't really know their players), but Cov completely dominated for the 90 tonight. They looked a tidy but very dull team in our defeat in Birmingham last season, were well placed for promotion, so were certainly the best team at the time lockdown hit, but were promoted through the backdoor to an extend, with 10-12 games to play and I believe are amongst the Champ relegation favourites. Whilst we may be second best, we shouldn't be dominated like we were tonight.

- Another injury to a captain, so we've lost out captain and now his step in and what's worse, the abysmal foul wasn't properly punished on the night.

- The defence again looked shaky and porous again. Having irritatingly lost Ehmer, I think we should be relying on Ogilvie and Tucker as our main centre back partnership, just as they look the best defensively and strongest. Think we could so with another strong defender.

- We are still lacking up top and could do with an out and out goalscorer, albeit that Oliver put a better shift in and Graham at times played a more advanced role and impressed.

I forgot about all about the game until now and just came on here. I saw the thread and decided to slowly scroll through to build up the tension. Tell you what, it beats radio Kent/ ifollow commentary! COYG!

Was gonna do the same until some clown put up a thread titled “ Never in doubt” 🤦‍♂️

Spoiler alert please guys FFS!

A wins a win. Can’t remember the last time my team won a pen shoot out.

Haven’t seen the pen, but young Coyle sticking away the winner. Good composure for an 18yo. And nice to hear the comments about Robertson.

What’s happened to O’Keefe?
And why will we need a new captain for Saturday? Is Dempsey going to miss that one?

Was gonna do the same until some clown put up a thread titled “ Never in doubt” 🤦‍♂️

Spoiler alert please guys FFS!

A wins a win. Can’t remember the last time my team won a pen shoot out.

Haven’t seen the pen, but young Coyle sticking away the winner. Good composure for an 18yo. And nice to hear the comments about Robertson.

What’s happened to O’Keefe?
And why will we need a new captain for Saturday? Is Dempsey going to miss that one?

According to BFSE, O’Keefe has broken something. Not sure whether it’s an ankle or leg?!?

Robertson was excellent. Graham and Oliver were good.

Collectively, we don’t look fit enough.

We never looked like scoring.

BFSE won’t be happy with Tucker and Maghoma.

After his shocker on Saturday (which nobody is allowed to mention because he is exempt from criticism) Bonham had a good game.

Not sure to what extent they rested players (whether they rested a few like us, the whole team or no one as don't really know their players), but Cov completely dominated for the 90 tonight.
They made the full 11 changes from their team in the last match. It was very much their 2nd string. I believe they play again this Friday so didn’t want to risk any injuries etc but didn’t seem to care about injuring our players!

According to BFSE, O’Keefe has broken something. Not sure whether it’s an ankle or leg?!?

Robertson was excellent. Graham and Oliver were good.

Collectively, we don’t look fit enough.

We never looked like scoring.

BFSE won’t be happy with Tucker and Maghoma.

After his shocker on Saturday (which nobody is allowed to mention because he is exempt from criticism) Bonham had a good game.

You're not allowed the mention that, so what do you go and do?

Well done Gills!

On the contrary, a few people mentioned Bonham’s changers on Saturday. Although I’ll be contrary to them, I thought he had a pretty decent game up to that point.

He’s not exempt from criticism. He just doesn’t warrant being labelled hopeless like you did last season. He is a very decent L1 keeper. Less prone to errors than a lot of lower league keepers.

Btw folks, Dempsey? Is his injury worse than thought? How long is he out for?

Daylight robbery, but given some of Coventry's disgusting tackles, I have no sympathy for their undeserved defeat - they should have been down to 10 possibly 9 and conceded a penalty before the penalty at the death that Graham converted excellently.

Lets start with the positives:

- We for once mugged someone else and won a game we didn't deserve to win.

- The young lad Robertson looks a class act and someone who could fill that key position of defensive midfield, which may be vital given the unfortunate injuries to O'Keefe and Dempsey.

- Graham, one of the few impressive players in the first few games was again one of the few players who impressed tonight It also looks like he knows how to take a pen, which is something we've lacked for many seasons. Also, he impressed in a more advanced role.

- Oliver looked better tonight, causing Cov some probs with physical presence an aerial ability - very much an alternative to Akinde rather than someone to play with him up top.

The negatives:

- Like Saturday, we were again outplayed by a team who for me are far from world beaters. Not sure to what extent they rested players (whether they rested a few like us, the whole team or no one as don't really know their players), but Cov completely dominated for the 90 tonight. They looked a tidy but very dull team in our defeat in Birmingham last season, were well placed for promotion, so were certainly the best team at the time lockdown hit, but were promoted through the backdoor to an extend, with 10-12 games to play and I believe are amongst the Champ relegation favourites. Whilst we may be second best, we shouldn't be dominated like we were tonight.

- Another injury to a captain, so we've lost out captain and now his step in and what's worse, the abysmal foul wasn't properly punished on the night.

- The defence again looked shaky and porous again. Having irritatingly lost Ehmer, I think we should be relying on Ogilvie and Tucker as our main centre back partnership, just as they look the best defensively and strongest. Think we could so with another strong defender.

- We are still lacking up top and could do with an out and out goalscorer, albeit that Oliver put a better shift in and Graham at times played a more advanced role and impressed.
I only tuned in to Kent again but agree with those words .Possibly getting in a strong defensive player at left back could be the answer. I really think we miss Fuller and Ehmer.Tucker possibly still needs someone giving him on field advice.

I only tuned in to Kent again but agree with those words .Possibly getting in a strong defensive player at left back could be the answer. I really think we miss Fuller and Ehmer.Tucker possibly still needs someone giving him on field advice.
Don’t you rate Ogilvie?
I think he’s been outstanding so far and outstanding last season.
I think the last thing we need is another left back Chris.
The one we have is excellent.

Dont forget it was the Club's choice to get rid of Fuller, Ehmer (and Byrne) - all sound committed Lge1 experienced players; a bit late to see their value - they were the glue in the defence - Tucker and Ogilvie were continually overrated by SE and many on here, which we see now;
But I agree that if these 2 are the favoured players they must play together as centre-backs , so we definitely need a proper left back as Jackson is fine on the right; is Chicksen still around ?

Well done Gills, nice to see confident pens being taken by our boys - Trae in particular.

SE likes a playing three central defenders, but i`m hoping that, for now, we stick to Tucker and Medley - early days for them, but they will come good.

Win is a win, as they say, and for a team made up mostly of strangers it helps bond the players. Disappointed with the over-zealous lad who did O`Keefe a nasty injury - well over the top. On a positive note, our lack in midfield might give young Henry Woods a start at Wigan, his journey will be an interesting one to watch. UTG.

Dont forget it was the Club's choice to get rid of Fuller, Ehmer (and Byrne) - all sound committed Lge1 experienced players; a bit late to see their value - they were the glue in the defence - Tucker and Ogilvie were continually overrated by SE and many on here, which we see now;
But I agree that if these 2 are the favoured players they must play together as centre-backs , so we definitely need a proper left back as Jackson is fine on the right; is Chicksen still around ?
So overrated are Ogilvie and Tucker that the Club has turned down several offers for them. Ehmer decided to leave. Fuller has not been snapped up by another L1 or even L2 side. Byrne badly crocked and doubtful if he will ever be at the same level again.

Gills are going through a transitional phase, so I can understand why some people would be missing Max slotting into his regular spot. But, tbh, once we`re better gelled as a team we will be a lot more skilled on the back line than we were with Max in the team.

Jack Tucker - over-rated, I don`t think so. He will play at a higher level - he has evidenced his potential on numerous occasions. Ogilvie has come on leaps and bounds for us and has a positive influence on our play, his positional awareness is brilliant and that he can play at full back or centre-back is another asset. I know that a Championship Club were tracking him very closely and might still be interested. With regard to Chicksen - he`s playing in the National League.