Vs City | Vital Football

Vs City

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
So more injuries

Klose and Tettey will both be out along with Drmic and Emi.

He isn't concerned about them though and both will be fit for the new season:

'Timm is going to be out for two weeks, so no fear he can’t start pre-season, and It’s the same with Alex Tettey. '

Byram is also back for next season:

'I’m carefully optimistic about Sam. He’s running back on the training pitch without problems.'

Other bits:

DF says this season is important they wanted to stay up but it is okay as we hope to back again soon.........soon oh dear that could mean a couple of seasons then!

'for the mid and long-term future for the club, this season was unbelievably important. We wanted to stay up, but we're hoping to be back soon enough. '

DF says that their aim was to sign players with pace and strength this summer:

'We were searching for pace on the wings and physicality in the midfield, so I think we've found some good additions to our squad. '

DF also said he is not worried about players leaving and thinks most if not all ant to be here and will be.

DF has his motivational crap about us only being able to win or get a point if man city are having an off day.

We are down to the bones now.

Without Tettey we are going to be completely overrun

Krul

Aarons
Zimmermann
Godfrey
Lewis

Trybull
Rupp
McLean

Cantwell
Idah
Hernandez

Subs

McGovern - Martin - Pukki - Thomas - Famewo - Stiepermann - Vrancic - Thompson/Gilmour

Bench is going to need another youth player. Unless the FA feel sorry for us and let another loan player ruled out be able to take part.

Pity that Farke and Webber didn’t buy pace on the wings and physicality in midfield last summer then we would still be in this League . Are we dealing with jokers at our club ?

Great news that Drmshit is suspended ..... we may actually score a goal !

Pity that Farke and Webber didn’t buy pace on the wings and physicality in midfield last summer then we would still be in this League . Are we dealing with jokers at our club ?

Great news that Drmshit is suspended ..... we may actually score a goal !

Look on the bright side at least they have identified it. Yes, it was too late for this season but at least they are willing to admit they made a mistake and act on it. In the past we've had managers who would double down.

Sadly we have had many people at club admitting their mistakes and going on to do exactly the same thing again.
Not buying CB 's for example but here we go again for the third season in a row totally short of CB 's again.

Here is part of an article written in the Pink Un ....

’ There are so many factors that have lead to where we sit in League right now - not enough quality in the final third , not enough consistency throughout the season, silly defensive mistakes , a lack of investment in the summer and - perhaps - a lot of naivety. We should have learned our lessons from the last time we were relegated , but it seems we have ,yet again made the same mistakes ‘

Now of course this was written this week wasn’t it ...... but NO ... it was actually written on the 4th May in 2016 ,by Lorraine Taylor, as we were relegated from the Premier League and goes to clearly show that we are making exactly the same mistakes time after time , so please forgive if I am totally cynical about the shit that Farke and Webber spout about as I have heard it many times before and nothing changes at NC and it never will whilst the non investing Smiths remain in control of our club.

Last edited:
I understand the frustration and I feel it too. I agree that we never invest when we go up, bar maybe when Lambert took us up. I am just trying to be positive as otherwise what is the point of following Norwich? We know as long as the Smiths are in charge, which isn't going to change, we aren't going to heavily invest. We have bought players that could hopefully fill the gaps we could see. If Sørensen is a success that could help with the weakness in defence by giving them a bit more of a shield. Obviously we still need a centre back and time will tell if we get one.

At the end of the day we are where we are and I would rather try and be positive for the up coming season, I am sure we all enjoyed last season when we won the league, I'm sure we all enjoyed it when we won in the play-off final, I'm sure we all enjoyed the year we went up with Lambert and Worthington too proving we can enjoy the Championship, so why can't we add this up coming season to the list? We have a team that has the potential to be competitive in the Championship so we might as well try and enjoy it, or at the very least give it until October/November to see how we are doing.

Like you said we've seen it all before but if we can't look for positives then we might as well stop supporting Norwich as we know it isn't going to change.

Last edited:
I understand the frustration and I feel it too. I agree that we never invest when we go up, bar maybe when Lambert took us up. I am just trying to be positive as otherwise what is the point of following Norwich? We know as long as the Smiths are in charge, which isn't going to change, we aren't going to heavily invest. We have bought players that could hopefully fill the gaps we could see. If Sørensen is a success that could help with the weakness in defence by giving them a bit more of a shield. Obviously we still need a centre back and time will tell if we get one.

At the end of the day we are where we are and I would rather try and be positive for the up coming season, I am sure we all enjoyed last season when we won the league, I'm sure we all enjoyed it when we won in the play-off final, I'm sure we all enjoyed the year we went up with Lambert and Worthington too proving we can enjoy the Championship, so why can't we add this up coming season to the list? We have a team that has the potential to be competitive in the Championship so we might as well try and enjoy it, or at the very least give it until October/November to see how we are doing.

Like you said we've seen it all before but if we can't look for positives then we might as well stop supporting Norwich as we know it isn't going to change.
I love a bit of positivity, nice one. My glass is always half full where Norwich are concerned but I just hope we can shake off the doom and gloom of the re-start, which has been awful.
I agree about Sorensen and also about needing a new centre-back. Unless Famewo is on the verge of stepping up to the first team squad. I haven’t seen him play so can’t offer an opinion on his abilities but he seemed to be very well thought of at St. Mirren and was an ever present after he joined in January. He‘s arguably ready for senior football, just remains to be seen whether it’s here or another loan...

Optimistic or pessimistic. Its just a state of mind changing from day to day. I have to be realistic and after 50 years of going to almost every home game and many aways I have never been so disinterested in a forthcoming season.
Getting old ? Yes but still have much more energy and drive that the knackered unambitious smiffs.

Firstly the Smiffs are totally selfish and more than happy to remain in the championship. They do not really want to get there and certainly do not want to stay there.

Secondly. We will be almost the poorest club in the league. Yes we have bought 2 players but many will leave.
When it comes to the crunch and a CB and striker are looked at, we will be linked with quality and be out bid by all teams serious about promotion. There will be second tier European league players signed again and that does not always work out well.

Thirdly. I have enjoyed promotion seasons right back to 71 / 72 but there has been a lot of terrible seasons in second tier ending in relegation to league 1 and many of those seasons I was part of a totally demoralised 16000 fans watching us lose most weeks.

With Smiffs in charge ( anybody heard from them since the re start disaster ) we are on a downward spiral.

Finally. Are we going to be allowed in to the grounds ? No. Season ticket refunds ? I have not got the refund for this season yet.
The Smiffs will be skint, selling players and we will not have a squad capable of the top 2 or 6.
The terrible end to the season will have an effect on all players, especially the young ones ( if they stay ).

Blind optimism if you want to but I am realistic.
Seen it all before and will see it all again.

Last edited:
He said he thinks Idah is too young to start in the premiership. Does that really matter at this stage. It is now just a pre season game, so starting AI will do him the world of good. Plus he is the physicality we are looking for.

By the time we get to premier league again he will be too old to play :grinning:

Blind optimism if you want to but I am realistic.
Seen it all before and will see it all again.

I don't think it is being blindly optimistic. We have a decent Championship squad who are still at a good age and now we are trying to add to it. I agree we will be looking at players from smaller leagues and I agree that doesn't always end well but at the same time sometimes it does. It's the same as if we signed someone established from the Premiership or Championship, it doesn't always end well and sometimes it does.

Like you said you've seen it all before so you've seen we can have fun seasons in the 2nd Division, the problem is we can't build on it when we gain promotion. Since the Premier League era began we have seen Norwich have a European adventure, win the Championship twice, League One once, 2 play off finals one of which we won and a second place finish after being in the title race for most of the season. Lots of teams would be envious of getting to experience that. I'm not trying to belittle the negatives and the fact that in that time we've seen 6 relegations, nor am I saying I am just blindly happy with yo-yoing and a lack of progression. What I trying to say is we may as well try and enjoy it as we have a team that can compete in this league, who knows? Maybe this time we will do a Burnley and bounce straight back and become established.

TH26. I totally take your points and wish I was more optimistic.
I just look at championship table and see Boro, Hull, Stoke, Wigan and Sheff Weds in the bottom 9. Relegation is never ever a good thing and if you do not bounce straight back in next season or 2 ( WBA nearly howled it up ) it can lead to seasons in the wilderness.

After this season I have lost a lot of faith in SW and DF and if we do not get recruitment right and DF does not start varying tactics and making subs at right times we could be way off top 2 by Christmas.

The underlying issue is the selfish Smiffs determination to hold on as owners even though they know we are falling further and further behind modern football and even if we do go up they could sit back and watch us be humiliated again.

Excellent responses DG and TH26. This is why this forum is so great . We can all have different opinions without receiving insults as happens on one particular forum .

For me I have neither optimism or pessimism , but I do have a absolute desire to see the very best for my club . I say what I see, and I see a manager with many faults , I see a Director Of Football who has an unpleasant personality that will cause upset and division . I see a Board and owners with no hunger , drive , passion and a burning desire to succeed , and as proved by the article in the Pink Un in May 2016 ,I see a club that is relegated time and time again and never learns from the mistakes it makes . That is not good enough for me . I will never give up supporting my club , but I expect better than a record 6 relegations from the top League

Last edited: