Vrentzos to leave | Page 3 | Vital Football

Vrentzos to leave

Well if german analytics cant improve us then nothing can! XG is not everything but it might help to get some structure into recruitment. At least the owner is doing something and targeting areas of the club that have under performed.

This has to be a posive development imo
Depends how you look at it, just seems yet another obstacle in the way of a manager actually making his own decisions. Stats and anayltics, meh, they have a place but its fook all to do with why we have issues and crap signings is it? Its because the manager aint picking them, experts and stats guys are

Apparently Georgios Syrianos is big buddies with Kyriakos Dourekas, our Director of Football; he is the one trying to tempt him here.

dam, i missed that bit. So basically just more of the same cronyism as the last ten years then

Manager watches a player on a scouting mission

"wow, what a performance, ran the game, a step ahead mentally of the other players on the pitch. Just what we need in midfield"

Analytics department "he's shit boss, only covered 4.9 miles and reached a top speed of 26mph.. but look at this guy"

Sigh!

Who said statistical analysis is not useful?

I was being quite specific.

Give an idiot numbers to play around with and you end up with meaningless shite like this:

And have you posted anything more useful to give an insight into a potential signing?

Sigh!

Who said statistical analysis is not useful?

I was being quite specific.

Give an idiot numbers to play around with and you end up with meaningless shite like this:

Can't see how a 5'9 out and out striker fits in with our style and formation.

Hearing Vrentzos has left the building and will not be back.

He has taken up a new role in the Marinakis empire.

We have a new sponsor in place for next season; when I say new, it is actually an old sponsor returning.

My contact would not reveal who it is but from the few clues he gave it sounds like BOXT have renewed.

I also asked about the City Centre ground rumour; he has heard nothing whatsoever about any new ground, and there are no rumours to that effect doing the rounds at the training ground.