Voyager probe 'leaves Solar System' | Vital Football

Voyager probe 'leaves Solar System'

HeathfieldRoad1874

Miserable Sod
I think this is Awesome. I was 9 when Voyager was launched.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24026153

When the Voyager team put the new data together with information from the other instruments onboard, they calculated the moment of escape to have occurred on or about 25 August, 2012.

The new region through which Voyager is now flying was generated and sculpted by big stars that exploded millions of years ago.

There is indirect evidence and models to describe the conditions in this medium, but Voyager can now measure them for real and report back.

Isn't it amazing to think we have something from this planet that Man has created and is flying unbelievably so far out there, i heard it passed the reach of the suns light rays a short while back and now its helping us learn about the outside of our solar system what a great device.

Really puts things into perspective when it says it takes 17 hours for a radio signal to be heard amazing.

I know im not the brightest spark lol but just for me to think there is a little metal thing floating in nothing (space) which is unimaginabley big and its took so long to get as far as it has blows my mind tbh,

It does put things into persecutive, doesn't it. Amazing what we can do, when we all stop trying to kill each other.

It won't reach another Star for 40,000 years!!!! Wow.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 12/9/2013 21:01

ClivetheVillan - 12/9/2013 21:00

40,000 years wow can't wait to see that!

I hate to be the one that tells you, but it's unlikely you'll still be here, mate. Sorry for the shock.

FFS what a let down was getting ready for the banners and balloons to go up aswell order them in, pfff what an anti climax :17:

Just imagine if the biology on the Probe from earth helps create a new life on another planet if it collides with a planet or moon somewhere out there, there might end up being another me reborn!

That is a very interesting thought. Just one Bacteria, which can survive in extreme conditions, and yes, a whole new ecosystem could develop. Mind you, it would have to crash into a Planet capable of sustaining life, which isn't too likely. But, if it did, then given a few Billion years, we could have another version of "humans" out there.

Yeah Heath was gonna say one in a billion long shot but too many for me to know actually what the idds am lol, unlikely i agree but you never know, we come from Meteorites etc they reckon or the water at least for life, isn't life so difficult to achieve yet we all kill and attack each other here pfff plebs!

Yeah Heath was gonna say one in a billion long shot but too many for me to know actually what the idds am lol, unlikely i agree but you never know, we come from Meteorites etc they reckon or the water at least for life, isn't life so difficult to achieve yet we all kill and attack each other here pfff plebs!

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 12/9/2013 20:58

It does put things into persecutive, doesn't it. Amazing what we can do, when we all stop trying to kill each other.

I think your first line there calls for "The Picture"

Attachments

• Random-facts-about-life-and-the-universe11.jpg
    Random-facts-about-life-and-the-universe11.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 0
ClivetheVillan - 12/9/2013 21:05

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 12/9/2013 21:01

ClivetheVillan - 12/9/2013 21:00

40,000 years wow can't wait to see that!

I hate to be the one that tells you, but it's unlikely you'll still be here, mate. Sorry for the shock.

FFS what a let down was getting ready for the banners and balloons to go up aswell order them in, pfff what an anti climax :17:

Just imagine if the biology on the Probe from earth helps create a new life on another planet if it collides with a planet or moon somewhere out there, there might end up being another me reborn!

Hmm have you been watching re runs of Red Dwarf Clive? LOL. Anyone remember the episode when the Red Dwarf cast met with there other selves from other zones, though the other selves had had different lives to them. Awesome stuff.

Whose to say it isn't possible, or isn't happening right now as we speak, trillions of miles away - After all no one would have believed 35 years ago we would have the techno we have now and beable to talk and see in real time someone the other side of the world.

It was stuff of star wars

I have seen that Red Dwarf epsiode KK lol, it is right who knows what we will be doing 20/50 years from now, we will need to master space travel to survive but even the cosmos will end one day they say so maybe dimension travel or l universe jumps, but the battle for us to survive is only just at the begining

That picture CDX makes you think ''wow we are miniscule'' a blip one day we might wake up ay.

Do you think we might have won another trophy by then?

The greatest news, is that the thing is still going and sending back info. This is amazing almost like owning an old banger that gets you to Western...There is also a compact disc on board for the aliens to listen to when they(our neighbours) get a hold of it...Hope we have some Led Zep on there.

BBJ - 12/9/2013 22:41

Do you think we might have won another trophy by then?

PMPL :1: :1: :1:

Wow. It is so far away I wonder if it will ever come into contact with anything one day, a planet or even another race?

Because its in interstellar space there's no reason why, unless it hits something, that it will ever break, or even slow down so that thing could be flying around after all humans are long gone