Vital Pompey - Check In & Say Hello! | Vital Football

Vital Pompey - Check In & Say Hello!

Pompeytim

Vital 1st Team Regular
I saw an email from Vital Football over the weekend & it made me think of this old forum.

I used to spend so much time on here talking & arguing football, probably too much tbh!

So I thought I'd take a look & see how everyone was doing. Where has everyone gone?!

No responses to anything since January?

I hope all the old faces are still around & checking in occasionally. Perhaps it is because Pompey are doing so well that everyone is lost for words?!

Hi PompeyTim

There are moves afoot to 'get the band back together'

A mailshot will be sent to all registered Pompey fans that we are allowed to email to see if we can light the flame again.

Rug is still around as well.

Cheers

Vital Football Admin

I used to love coming here, it was vibrant and full of opinions. Unfortunately, due to work commitments and the amount of adverts stopped me from commenting. I still read Dave’s Chimes pieces but have lost enthusiasm. I was also pissed off with the negative comments about the previous board, ‘swilling champagne ‘, etc, especially from people who thought that those who put a lot of money in should have no say in running the club and that they ( who put bugger all in) should have more say. Rant over.?.

I loved being a fan ownedclub, but I think the Eisners are a good fit for us and have a sensible plan, they ‘get’ Pompey and are, I think , converts.

If I could easily use my iPad to access th3 site, I may well come back, but the ads really make it unusable. PUP!

I used to love coming here, it was vibrant and full of opinions. Unfortunately, due to work commitments and the amount of adverts stopped me from commenting. I still read Dave’s Chimes pieces but have lost enthusiasm. I was also pissed off with the negative comments about the previous board, ‘swilling champagne ‘, etc, especially from people who thought that those who put a lot of money in should have no say in running the club and that they ( who put bugger all in) should have more say. Rant over.?.

I loved being a fan ownedclub, but I think the Eisners are a good fit for us and have a sensible plan, they ‘get’ Pompey and are, I think , converts.

If I could easily use my iPad to access the site, I may well come back, but the ads really make it unusable. PUP!

Hi all

I've got to admit, I'm struggling for time personally. I keep planning to write this and that, and want to but by the time I can it's too late.

Having a baby takes up a lot of time, as does work. So by the time I get that free time that soon goes. I love writing, I miss writing and always feel better when I do it. I keep saying I hope to do more, but I really will try and then let's hope it does bring a little more interest back to the forum side of things - there's often reaction on the social media side of things but on here is where we really want it.

So, in summary, guess I 'must try harder' but then again, with all due respect, that does apply all round doesn't it. If people who look do make a comment, or start a thread I'm guessing it'll strike interest? Especially if this if from different people.

Well.. to echo Lemmi's words.. I used to love coming here too, and to echo Tim's.. I used to spend plenty of time on here as well..

It was a good place to hang out.. Such a great crew..

I certainly haven't lost my love for Pompey FC.. that's been with me since I was six, and will be till I die.

The thing is.. nothing stays the same. What we all had for a period of time on this forum was something quite unique. A space in time. Although it was out there in the ether, I always felt there was a great deal of camaraderie among the group of fans who contributed. So much so, that although I'd personally never met anybody, I did feel that I knew several of the characters that took part. I also really enjoyed putting together the humorous sketches, photo shopped skits etc..

Can that be reinvigorated..??? I'm sure it can. Nothing in life is impossible, except maybe Brexit.. :grinning: ha ha.. You can't force people though, and I must say, one of the things that put me off when I wanted to come back and rejoin the fold was all the damn adverts and the whole 'corporate' feel of the new layout. The front page especially, its just bloody awful in my opinion. A compositors nightmare. Crowded squares.

My internet access is through my laptop by the way, and I'm now running the latest Firefox with an ad blocker. Much better, but you do get to stare at acres of white space on this site, and that's a bit off putting..

At the end of the day, we all like to go to places that make us feel welcome and relaxed. Where our friends are. As I said above, I'm sure the old forum spirit can be reinvigorated, however, to do that you need to draw people back in. Get those emails posted to the old crew, and just maybe if the numbers start to pick up it'll attract others to join in and become self perpetuating. Nobody can party in an empty room, and I'll admit that's one of the things that put me off.

I'll finish by saying something I've said before.. hats off to Rug and Eastney Dave for keeping things going. Stalwarts both. So.. although, things have drastically changed in my life, and on the forum, I'll put my name forward for getting back onboard, and do my best to get back when I can..

Play up Pompey.. :clap::thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies and Gents... we know there is a bit of pent up demand on the forum so we will be mailing out to lapsed Vital Pompey members next week.

We will try to rekindle the community. Keep the faith!

Emails sent out to the membership, hope they got through, the report says they were sent, but I didn't get a tester I must say.

Just going to say.. I've plenty of good stuff, history, members etc on my old laptop. When I get a minute, I'll put some up, and hopefully jog a few memories, and turn over a few stones.. ha ha.. :thumbup:

Corny I could use some of that old stuff in Chimes if you like perhaps under a heading 'The way we were' or something similar.

Would be great if some of you guys could get some stuff going. If it's different people starting threads and keeping them going it could, if not would, see interest grow I reckon?

Like Dave says, some of the forum stuff could also be used front pages?

The thing is social media has taken its toll on forums right across the board, but nothing stays the same. Things change. .Just like a good local pub where you can meet your mates and chew the cud, a forum can be a place where you also feel comfortable to debate in more than just soundbites..

I personally belong to three other forums catering for my specific interests, and I can say that all three are thriving, and the rejection of platforms like Facebook on those forums is to the fore, and is refreshing in these times of corporate herd mentality.

However, to win in any situation, you don't just rely on your opponents weaknesses, you have to play to your strengths. I'm sure, that as time moves on, if there's lively debate on this forum, fun, and a new season with all that brings, we will experience a renewal, and I really look forward to that.. Stay positive, stay relevant, and it will happen.. :thumbup:

I am currently on a laptop & this seems fine. I seem to recall that it was almost impossible to access this site from an iPhone (mainly due to ads). Will take a look at some point.

Let's see if there is any traction. Corny is right (as always - great to hear from you by the way!) that things change & it may be that we have gone past this. But let's see.

I am currently on a laptop & this seems fine. I seem to recall that it was almost impossible to access this site from an iPhone (mainly due to ads). Will take a look at some point.

Let's see if there is any traction. Corny is right (as always - great to hear from you by the way!) that things change & it may be that we have gone past this. But let's see.

Really great to hear from you too Tim.. its been a long time out there in the ether mate. Your input on this forum was always something I enjoyed.. even when I didn't agree with you.. ha!

Yes, things do change, I've definitely changed... I look just a smidgen older than my avatar pic if you stand well back and screw your eyes up. My God.. I was a handsome brute back in the day eh!. I'm now (to use a new fashionable buzzword) transitioning to 'old git' territory.. :grinning:

Yes Tim.. we may well "have gone past this". On the other hand.. we may not. I don't know, but I did regard this as my Pompey spiritual home to [quote Harry] and enjoyed the debates and banter here.. so.. I'll certainly give it a shot with a smile on my newly wrinkled face.. :thumbup: