Visits to Wembley and what was your best experience | Page 2 | Vital Football

Visits to Wembley and what was your best experience

Best Wembley experience was U2 Zoo TV Tour in 1993 - epic, just epic. Had never seen anything like it at the time.

Football-wise, either the Bolton semi-final in 2000 (gotta love a penalty shoot-out) or the play-off final last season. Scenes.

Oasis. July 2009.

The Enemy and Kasabian were supposed to be supporting, but when we got there it said The Enemy couldn't make it so Kasabian would do an extra long set.

Incredible. Was basically a full Kasabian set followed by a full Oasis set. I was dead by the end of it.

Went to this aswell although clearly another night as The Enemy played.

Actually thought it was by far the worst i had seen from Oasis and I had seen them 4 times previously .
I remember feeling at the time that it just didnt feel right and the same anymore. They then spilt up a few weeks after so I guess I was right.

1977 (just joking). "Pass the ball back, pass the ball back, pass the baaaaallllll back E-ver-ton" etc
The last time I saw us win at Wembley was 1975 league cup final. To hear the old stadium rocking with the sounds of "Saunders, Saunders" to the tune of amazing grace was just spine-tingling.
Visit for the 2000 FA Cup final was horrible in every way. The old stadium was in disgusting condition and the football served up wasn't far behind it.
League Cup Final in 2010(?) and seeing us lose to Phil Dowd was again, a horrible experience. While the amenities and view at the new stadium are very good, it just doesn't feel like a special place. It's just another cookie-cutter modern stadium with a big arched scaffold.
When the Chicago Bears decided to rebuild Soldier Field, they kept the old main facia of the old stadium and built the new one around it. They should have done the same thing with the twin-towers at Wembley. Goosebumps walking up wembley way and seeing the towers - lost to a generation of football fans sadly.....

Not getting back on the coach from the pub in London where it stopped ,as it left 3 hours before kick off , Savos goal , then not finding our coach after as we were too pissed to remember any details or even what company it was , getting home on train thanks to a mates Visa card , then waking up in the morning in bed with a life size cardboard cut out of Nigel Mansell , what a Day that was .

Also the whole Man U 94 day as it was the 1st time I’d seen us at Wembley , I cried when we walked out but don’t tell anyone

If we are also talking concerts then 1982 was a great year, us winning the European Cup in May and then the Stones at Wembley in June. Great year.

Have never been to Wembley with Villa. But was in London 1962-1969 and went to several internationals involving England. Different sort of experience to watching league matches.

Charity Shield Vs Spurs. Anyone could get anywhere underneath the stadium. A fight broke out between Spurs and Villa hoolies. I was standing with a load of Villa fans just behind the front line of the battle. We decided to chuck our beers over the fighters. Priceless! I think we drew the game.
Yep we drew the game 2-2 I think that's the last time it was shared by two teams I think.great day out from what I remember with my beer goggles on.waking up in the toilets by a steward kicking me is one thing I will never forget lol.

Villa games, the 70s were enjoyable because of the day itself but games like 77 were utter shite. 94 was good fun, our noise was immense and as we got off the coach Sir Brian and his kids walked past, he was manager of Leicester at the time but supporting Villa.The tv coverage I saw later had Keegan saying he had never heard anything so loud. 96 was good again, we were deafening pre , during and post game. I also attended lots of England games, including Euro 96 semi final. Lost my voice singing pre game. I was also at the game straight after Princess Diana died, when the first played Elton Johns new version of candle in the wind. The lights went out and it was a really surreal moment.

Best Wembley Villa game is a tough one but '71 against Tottenham. At the age of 16 I probably first realised how proud I was to be a Villa fan. We were great that day and in my opinion equalled if not outplayed one of the top teams in the country. A cruel result.....we did not deserve to lose!!
In terms of concerts, Genesis in 1987 tops my bill. Paul Young supported as well.

Best Wembley Villa game is a tough one but '71 against Tottenham. At the age of 16 I probably first realised how proud I was to be a Villa fan. We were great that day and in my opinion equalled if not outplayed one of the top teams in the country. A cruel result.....we did not deserve to lose!!
In terms of concerts, Genesis in 1987 tops my bill. Paul Young supported as well.

I was 12 and it was my first trip to Wembley.

I was so proud of the team that day.

Beating Leeds and then staying overnight in a hotel in Harrow on the Hill that was used by a bunch of Leeds fans. Very entertaining!

71 for me. A certain Martin Chivers got the goals for spurs. Made no difference the players came over to applaud us at the end and to a man said that could not believe the support we had given them. Remember them saying our reaction at the final whistle was as if we had won it. Back then they used to print a voucher on the back page of the programme, the more vouchers you had the more chance of getting a ticket. Travelled down by train on a football special. It was my first time at Wembley and the memory will stay with me forever.