Virus Survey. | Vital Football

Virus Survey.

Premier 1

Vital Football Legend
In a recent survey of who would be best recent P.M. to deal with Virus Thatcher came top.
This was even so among young voters even in Scotland they thought her the top to have dealt both with Brexit and the Virus

In a recent survey of who would be best recent P.M. to deal with Virus Thatcher came top.
This was even so among young voters even in Scotland they thought her the top to have dealt both with Brexit and the Virus
Yes, funny how a Conservative's think tank's results (of 2,000 people) only reported in The Daily Mail had Thatcher top. I can barely contain my surprise.

Yes, funny how a Conservative's think tank's results (of 2,000 people) only reported in The Daily Mail had Thatcher top. I can barely contain my surprise.
She had her faults (have we all))but she was not a waffler she was decisive
and would have sorted out Brexit long ago ..She would have given a clearer direction on the Virus.

and would have sorted out Brexit long ago ..She would have given a clearer direction on the Virus.
It is true about the vaccine this confusion and breaking of the rules by can ministers wouldn't have happened under her watch. The direct award of funds to party friends would have been the indulgent frenzy as it has been this year.

Yes, she would have sorted out Brexit long ago.....she would have kept us at the heart of the EU. On the issue of Covid 19, I believe she would have followed the science and faced a coup from the rabid loonies on the even farther right of her party.

My observations.
1. The calibre / quality of politicians today from all the parties is generally poor. They have become totally career politicians rather than elected representatives and become Westminster / London centric over the last 25 years and largely disconected from the rest of the country. Most bring no previous experience of note before becoming politicians and many are ill equiped to manage a country or a crisis.
2. The overall quality of both the more recent cabinet and shadow cabinets have also been poor, so the deficiencies of a single person cannot be covered by skills elsewhere.
3. I doubt any of the current politicians would have made a better fist of it and in some cases they have been poorly advised by scientists and medical 'experts'. The quality of Westminster civil servants I have met is also very variable and they are also London centric, having little experience of services on the ground.
4. Never liked Thatcher, but if she wanted something done then it usually happened. The calibre of the cabinet and also most of the opposition politicians then was much higher and many had experience outside poltitics and in local communities which would have been useful in a crisis.
5. Today, there is a substantial minority of the public that will ignore any authority or guidelines. We are a permissive society and much of the virus has spread because people have ignored the guidelines, irrespective of who is in charge

Last edited:
The messaging has been poor, the science has not been followed so the public have lost trust and faith in the leadership. Barnadcastlegate was a disaster in terms of getting the public on side. I suspect Starmer, who has considerable experience in a demanding profession and undoubtedly a good intellect would have made a much better fist of things. We had advance warning of what was happening based on the Italian and Spanish experience but did nothing , even allowing superspreading sporting events. If the sheer incompetence of this cabinet isn't enough there is more than a faint whiff of corruption. I am sick to the core at hearing folk excuse this, the worst government in my memory on the grounds that this is a novel situation. Opportunists, spies, speculators, chancers and jingoistic fools the lot of them.

Last edited:
I don’t like the way MP’s are told to ‘tow the party line’ in votes - and they all come out with generic messages in support of whatever the issue is. Set of parrots. Andrew Jones is our Tory MP and is a prime example of a yes man.

We need a whole new set up, a total political revolution. I don’t know what that looks like, but MP’s should be a voice of their electorate - and the cabinet should not be made up of self serving Old Etonians and their cronies. People joke on social media platforms about what ‘Mandy thinks’ from some rough estate to some issue - perhaps these voices should be heard more - especially on things like housing, diet, employment etc.

More needs to be done to oversea spending and giving contracts out - as has been highlighted in 2020.

With talk of one Ireland, an independent Scotland, probably Wales (and maybe Cornwall and Yorkshire 🤣) the next few years are going to be interesting.

As for Covid - the government seem to be picking and choosing what scientific/medical advice they take. I firmly believe Boris was forced into the first lockdown and that he has been compromising with these ineffective tiers and partial lockdowns. The safety message has been diluted over the months, through poor decision making, seemingly absurd rules and delays. I’m seeing more people starting to ‘rebel’ against lockdowns on Facebook though. The country is split on this, as they were Brexit.

*steps off soapbox*

Spot on Prem. Going back to St Margaret of Grantham though, surely as the architect of the single market she will be turning in her grave at this Brexit. One can only hope her restless ghost will not roam the earth.

Just got an e-Mail from one of my Yorkshire cousins ,her sister fell Christmas Eve and broke her Pelvis and on being admitted to Hospital they found she had the virus.I think she is about 77 and Meningitis left her deaf at four life not been easy for her .My uncle left Kirkham to Yorkshire to get her into the deaf school at Boston Spa.Keeping our fingers crossed that she weathers the storm.

Let's hope so Prem. Your lot seem to gave survivor's genes. How are you recovering now? Back to normal yet?

Let's hope so Prem. Your lot seem to gave survivor's genes. How are you recovering now? Back to normal yet?
I am O.K but will never be my former self but there are lots a lot worse,so I have learnt to live within my limitations and be thankful for what I have.Three points tomorrow would be a good pick me up.

I had the jab two weeks ago the one that must be stored at -70 no problem.My wife had the Oxford one yesterday she feels drained today but apparently it can make you feel tired out..

I will take whatever I am offered but would prefer the Oxford. I want the microchips and nanobots to be British.:cool:

So you are a secret supporter of Brexit after all.
Trouble is that Brexit makes it harder to export my irony Prem You wouldn't believe the forms I have to fill in and the difficulty customs officers have in distinguishing between irony and sarcasm which have different tariffs