Vincent Kompany to leave Manchester City | Page 5 | Vital Football

Vincent Kompany to leave Manchester City

Over 51,000 turned out to watch an entertaining match which finished 2-2. City Legends scored at either end of the 90 minutes like a pair of bookends with Martin Petrov slamming the ball past Van Der Saaor in the first minute and then Benjani scoring the equaliser with a superb header in the final minute. In between the Premier League Legends scored two well worked goals through Robbie Keane and Van Persie.

A fabulous turnout for the legend that is Vincent Kompany :clap:

I enjoyed watching it. I have to say that Stephen Ireland looked he could still do a job for a club. Some of his touches and the way he played would even have endeared himself to Pep.

After reading the recent piece on him in the Athletic, I honestly was thinking to myself watching him that he's treating it as a trial to emphasize your point.

I enjoyed watching it. I have to say that Stephen Ireland looked he could still do a job for a club. Some of his touches and the way he played would even have endeared himself to Pep.
That's a surprise. I always surmised he would balloon to 30 stone, and open a car customizing business the moment time was called on his career.

They should post it in the auditorium or wherever they get briefed by Guardiola & Arteta. They will need a steely resolve and plenty of cojones on Sunday.

Come on boys! Channel your inner Vinnie!

Bought his book about last season on Kindle, and I'm currently nearly three quarters of the way through it.

In chapter six, covering January, a big chunk of it for the Wolves PL home game is about his injury record, and I found it fascinating.
The principal reason that I could work out was undergoing surgeries early in his career led to scar tissue, which then meant ongoing problems later, plus body changes due to ageing.
What you can gather most though is his mental strength and capacity to try to overcome it all.

I can only imagine.....

The physical side is one thing but the mental strength and perseverance required when undergoing recovery training and rehab independently and often isolated from the main squad..... outstanding.