Vincent Kompany to leave Manchester City | Page 4 | Vital Football

Vincent Kompany to leave Manchester City

Thierry Henry completes the star studded line up for Vincent Kompany’s testimonial.

Confirmed squads

Manchester City Legends – managed by Pep Guardiola

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Costel Pantilimon

Defenders: Vincent Kompany, Aleksandr Kolarov, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, Kolo Toure, Pablo Zabaleta, Richard Dunne, Gael Clichy

Midfielders: Nigel De Jong, Samir Nasri, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Stephen Ireland, David Silva, Dietmar Hamann, James Milner

Forwards: Craig Bellamy, Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko, Mario Balotelli, Benjani

Premier League All-Stars XI – Managed by Roberto Martinez

Goalkeepers: Edwin van der Sar, Shay Given

Defenders: Phil Neville, Gary Neville, John O’Shea, Wes Brown

Midfielders: Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt, Michael Carrick, Ryan Giggs, Rafael van der Vaart, Cesc Fabregas

Forwards: Thierry Henry, Robin van Persie

https://www.mancity.com/news/club-n...ny-thierry-henry-testimonial-squads-confirmed

I really hope Vinnie can play ??

It won't please them at all, I would not be surprised if he did not turn up

Yes, he may suffer a sudden but short term illness which will prevent him from appearing but which will clear up by the following weekend.

It wouldn't do to upset his new friends. They are not renowned for reacting well to perceived slights. Such delicate flowers.....

Yes, he may suffer a sudden but short term illness which will prevent him from appearing but which will clear up by the following weekend.

It wouldn't do to upset his new friends. They are not renowned for reacting well to perceived slights. Such delicate flowers.....

I never thought about him getting stick from Liverpool™ fans

I never thought about him getting stick from Liverpool™ fans

Personally I hope City fans just ignore Milner as I would rather not have anything spoil Vinnie’s testimonial but the hypocrisy of this piece where a dipper has the front to claim the moral high ground about how to deal with a player who moves from your club.....? :wagging:

Seriously? After the sh*t they have served up to Sterling? I don’t disagree with the sentiment but methinks they should remove the plank from their own eye first before attempting to remove the splinter from someone else’s. :shake:

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool...er-kompany-liverpool-manchester-city-16871709

Personally I hope City fans just ignore Milner as I would rather not have anything spoil Vinnie’s testimonial but the hypocrisy of this piece where a dipper has the front to claim the moral high ground about how to deal with a player who moves from your club.....? :wagging:

Seriously? After the sh*t they have served up to Sterling? I don’t disagree with the sentiment but methinks they should remove the plank from their own eye first before attempting to remove the splinter from someone else’s. :shake:

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool...er-kompany-liverpool-manchester-city-16871709

just replied to one of the comments that he left City to play more games at Candlefield to date 5 seasons at City 203 but 5 seasons at Liverpool 181

just replied to one of the comments that he left City to play more games at Candlefield to date 5 seasons at City 203 but 5 seasons at Liverpool 181

Excellent stat. :thumbup:

They fail to mention the holding out for a free for his last big contract so he could inflate his wages and benefit from a huge signing-on fee due to the saving made from Liverpool not paying a transfer fee.

Excellent stat. :thumbup:

They fail to mention the holding out for a free for his last big contract so he could inflate his wages and benefit from a huge signing-on fee due to the saving made from Liverpool not paying a transfer fee.

JM7 gets paid a shed load of £££ and has won the CL, he probably doesn't give a f*%K what City fans think. Or Liverpool's for that matter.

Milner has had an excellent career as he nears the end, but he was not a Pep type of player, so he moved on.

Milner has had an excellent career as he nears the end, but he was not a Pep type of player, so he moved on.
JK I didn't mind him moving on or going on a free, it was the comments he made about City once he had left, that is what is annoying the fans not the fact that he left City

Players move on, fine. No issues either with a guy looking out for his future by securing the best deal for himself and his family.

Just don't ingratiate yourself to your new best mates in the crowd by taking sly digs at the club which gave you a good living and success.

Nearly a full house will be in attendance tonight to honour Vinnie and his service to Manchester City F.C.

The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Main Event and Premier League channels @ 7pm

Sadly Vinnie's hamstring injury will mean he will not be playing in tonight's match ? but he has taken this blow with his customary good grace & a touch of humour....

“Thankfully it’s a celebration game, I don’t actually need to be on the pitch,

“It’s for an unbelievable cause too, so I don’t think my missing out is the most important thing, and that’s how City fans know me anyway. I’ve had to deal with a lot of injuries and absences in my career, the irony of me missing my own testimonial won’t be lost on anyone.”