Vincent Janssen | Page 4 | Vital Football

Vincent Janssen

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
Spursex - 6/9/2017 13:34

Taricco the yid - 6/9/2017 12:52

Spursex - 6/9/2017 11:28

80deg16minW - 5/9/2017 21:29

First, I am not putting words in your mouth.

N'Jie blew his knee very early on and didn't really get another opportunity.

I have no idea what Wimmer did but he is a defender so he REALLY must have pissed MP off. Which we all know is a direct route to being sold.

Shit happens.

Is Janssen on the way out? Definitely? Or was he offered a choice to take his chances here?

We're a club that for now has to take these gambles, just as we did on Vert, Ericksen, Alderweild, Rose , Walker, Dier, Lloris, Wanyama, Dembele, Davies, Trippier etc etc ...

Alder, wanyama, dembo and lloris were not gambles.

You may not think that now, but at the time, the question marks over whether they could become 'top-flight/top-six' players were heavily in play..

Each, in their own way were NOT fully supported/convincing purchases according to many here and elsewhere...

I never thought that. 4 good players who all had experience. I remember the wanyama signing was welcomed by many on here. For me low priced signings and PL experience are not gambles.

Real Deal - 6/9/2017 12:43

Every signing is a gamble to a certain extent. However some deals are well worth the risk. Toby and Verts both proved they were a brilliant combo at Ajax and performed in the CL. Not much of a gamble for me. Eriksen was a massive talent and again performing in the CL. The likes of Trippier and Davies had a season of prem football under their belts and cost little.

Players like N'Jie, N'Kou and Janssen are gambles. One good season in a poor league type players.

When your buying from the Dutch league, it's now almost 50/50 whether they'll make the step up to the PL...

To that extent, it's a measured gamble.

Spursex - 6/9/2017 13:39

Real Deal - 6/9/2017 12:43

Every signing is a gamble to a certain extent. However some deals are well worth the risk. Toby and Verts both proved they were a brilliant combo at Ajax and performed in the CL. Not much of a gamble for me. Eriksen was a massive talent and again performing in the CL. The likes of Trippier and Davies had a season of prem football under their belts and cost little.

Players like N'Jie, N'Kou and Janssen are gambles. One good season in a poor league type players.

When your buying from the Dutch league, it's now almost 50/50 whether they'll make the step up to the PL...

To that extent, it's a measured gamble.

What was the last Dutch player to come from that league and have a real impact?

Blind is OK

Spursex - 6/9/2017 13:37

Taricco the yid - 6/9/2017 13:01

80deg16minW - 6/9/2017 12:55

Wanyama definitely was. No one knew he would be as good as he is.

No he wasnt. He was consistently good at saints. Poch knew what he was getting. He was probably laughing that he got him for 11m as well.

He probably did, but to be honest, I thought he was a red-card waiting to happen and there were many here slagging the purchase off....yes, there really was.

I was of the same opinion. A disaster waiting to happen at the wrong time. I also thought Dier should be our first choice at DM. I still think Dier, if played as much as Wanyama is a better option for DM.

I recall everyone being pretty happy we'd signed Eriksen? He wasn't exactly under the radar when signed.

Do agree that a lot of people like to rewrite history with signings though and pretend they didn't doubt them. I must admit I thought Wanyama was a decent squad option, but didn't see him being so consistent or improving his discipline so dramatically. I've also made a few complaints about Dembele on here in the past, particularly early on, but that's just because he's got one of the most unique skillsets in the league and I felt he underutilised them when playing further forward. Now he's settled as a box to box player I think his lack of conviction in the final 3rd is made up for by his great defensive work rate, and his dribbling is still 1st class. Can't think of many I'd have over him from anywhere in the world for that position, but I still think with his skillset he should have been tearing it up as an AM if he'd applied himself.

As for Soldado... Maybe Poch was too ruthless but who's to say Harry would have matured at the rate he did if he was constantly benched in the hope an expensive ageing player would find form off the back of his first goal in open play in an age? We also don't know what Soldado was training like at the time.

There's very few managers who don't have their "favourites" but it's not like if a player is pulling up trees in reserves and takes their chances in cup games that they're not given further chances to prove themselves.

freundorfoe - 6/9/2017 16:50

I recall everyone being pretty happy we'd signed Eriksen? He wasn't exactly under the radar when signed.

Do agree that a lot of people like to rewrite history with signings though and pretend they didn't doubt them. I must admit I thought Wanyama was a decent squad option, but didn't see him being so consistent or improving his discipline so dramatically. I've also made a few complaints about Dembele on here in the past, particularly early on, but that's just because he's got one of the most unique skillsets in the league and I felt he underutilised them when playing further forward. Now he's settled as a box to box player I think his lack of conviction in the final 3rd is made up for by his great defensive work rate, and his dribbling is still 1st class. Can't think of many I'd have over him from anywhere in the world for that position, but I still think with his skillset he should have been tearing it up as an AM if he'd applied himself.

As for Soldado... Maybe Poch was too ruthless but who's to say Harry would have matured at the rate he did if he was constantly benched in the hope an expensive ageing player would find form off the back of his first goal in open play in an age? We also don't know what Soldado was training like at the time.

There's very few managers who don't have their "favourites" but it's not like if a player is pulling up trees in reserves and takes their chances in cup games that they're not given further chances to prove themselves.

I'd agree most were happy about Eriksen, but then most here really didn't know sfa about him - the comments about buying 'cheap' unproven kids was all the rage from some posters.

Besides the poor handling of this situation in terms of of how we treat players, we need to consider the financial impact.

In a time we are limited in the amount we pay in wages, we now pay the wages of a 3rd keeper, a 3rd striker, and Sissoko. That's almost 150k a week which could have been out towards other players.

So things aren't nearly as bad as we thought for Janssen.

Taricco the yid - 7/9/2017 16:26

80deg16minW - 7/9/2017 14:22

So things aren't nearly as bad as we thought for Janssen.

Elaborate.

Everyones reporting today that hes been frozen out.

Poch in his press conf today said he was only excluded for the CL squad because of the home grown rule and that he 'had a future wuth us'.

And sometimes the manager simply states the truth.

But, because his comments are in direct conflict with the clap-trapping bombastic feverish willy-nilly ITK rumor machine of made up silliness, well then he must be just saying things to suit.

or not.

Loan would be good for him, get his confidence back.

I wold like to think he still has a future at Spurs as he's still young and seems to have a good attitude unlike other flops we've had!

It's going to be raining goals with him and soldaldo

I have to start watching Fenerbahche now, and watch the most feared partnership in Europe ignite!
Hope he does well, need a decent price if we sell or a confident Janssen to return if we don't,

That explains that then. lol Was damn obvious Poch doesn't want him. Why we needed a loan move to confirm it with some of you is hilarious. :3:

I really wish he had taken the loan opportunity in the PL. It would have done him the world of good!