Villa v Wolves, 10 March 2018, 5.30pm | Vital Football

Villa v Wolves, 10 March 2018, 5.30pm

BBJ

Father Of The Forum
Now this is THE BIG ONE!
If we were to win, not only would be keep up the pressure on both Cardiff and Fulham, it would start to put doubts in the minds of our Black Country neighbours. As of now, they are just 3 points ahead of Cardiff (might be 6 after tomorrow of course).
But why shouldn't we feel confident of a win? Villa Park may not yet be a fortress but I suspect few teams fancy coming to Birmingham 6 these days.
2-1 to Villa with the venerable old stadium rocking.

Wonder what odds you could get on Villa and Fulham being 1&2 at the end of the season and would they tumble after a villa win on sat ( I have a dream) :94: :94: :94:

Whelan has done his calf , so there will be at least one change.

I would play Thor in his place as we need mobility in the middle of the pitch and Wolves will pass round Jedinak to easily in my view.

Massive game for Wolves tonight, if they were to lose to Leeds they would come to Villa Park on Saturday under pressure for the first time this season. Lets see how they perform in that situation. Easy to churn out the wins when you have a points cushion, unlike us who have had to do it the hard way.
2-1 Villa Snoddy n Hogan.

Is it true that one of their best players is now suspended for this game due to the abandoned game on Saturday?

Looks like the snow did us a favour.

I'd agree with that line up Sir Den. I'm still not part of the Thor lovefest. Think he's just another Bret Holman but I see your point about Jedi maybe being a bit to easy to beat by their quick tricky players.

Not sure there is a Thor lovefest so to speak? Just he has done a lot better of late after he was found his best position. He puts in the effort and has certainly contributed well recently.

If it is Neves you are thinking of Deano it is tonight's game he is missing and will be available for our game.

sirdennis - 7/3/2018 10:49

Johnstone

Elmo Chester Terry Taylor

Snoddy Thor Hourihane Albert

Super Jack

Grabban

That will do nicely :1:

2-2 draw for me, can't see Wolves not scoring but we are strong at home. 3 points would be ideal, but I'd take the draw. Must not lose though!

The Fear - 7/3/2018 10:58

Not sure there is a Thor lovefest so to speak? Just he has done a lot better of late after he was found his best position. He puts in the effort and has certainly contributed well recently.

Ok, not a lovefest but I think people have got carried away with 1 and a half good performances.

Not having a go, he's done ok, but I don't think he's as good as some are making out. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but I have a feeling next season no matter what division we're in we'll have to buy a midfield enforcer as Jedi and Whelan will be too old and Barney isn't the answer for me.

This will have to be our best performance of the season I would guess.

Bristol City plus some.

If we are set up like we were last time we'll get beaten like we were last time. Both Jedi and Whelan are too slow against the likes of Wolves, which means we'll be ineffective in the middle of the park. We'll be driven back. It has to be Thor, not only because he's more mobile but because he's better at passing forwards. We need to give them problems.

Unfortunately it probably won't be Thor which means that we'll be lucky to get a draw.