Villa v Fulham - Wembley | Page 4 | Vital Football

Villa v Fulham - Wembley

Perfect summary article Mike

Me: I am nervous about it however like you I will be grumpy but yes it has been a very exciting season and we do have our club back

Just checked Fulham site as they send me emails quite a bit, as a supporter with a booking history as of Sunday 10 am I can purchase up to 5 tickets. The upper tier is being sold last after lower tiers have sold out. Have a feeling we could end up with a fair few in the opposite end.

Don't think so. Just spoken to a Fulham fan at work and he reckons they have sold 30,000 and that's not even general sale either. General feeling is he is well pissed off because of the season ticket holders getting dibs on as many as 5 tickets before people like him who have solid booking history get a go which is in a couple of days. By hook or by crook they will sell out. I told him not to bring their silly clappy things.

Last time I visited Craven Cottage in 2009, from the vantage point of the Fulham season ticket holders seat that I occupied, the only thing you could hear was the magnificent Villa away support. A repeat of that performance and the subsequent 0-2 Villa victory is most definitely in order next week. :utv:

where's Rev Pete ? I thought he'd be on here saying he can't go because he's got weddings to conduct. Come on Rev, show us you care.:utv::utv::utv:

For anyone with the ‘super off peak return’ with chiltern, you can get any train to and from Wembley that day regardless of what time you clicked when you booked your ticket. They’ve now also amended their timetable and the trains from Moor street will be stopping at Wembley rather than having to change on the way.

Timetable:

https://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/...ay-London-HighWycombe-Oxford-Birmingham_0.pdf
This is very interesting B38. I have not done the Wembley trip from Cornwall before and it looks like hassle.
Taking into account parking in London it appears that It would be a lot less aggro to just drive up to Brum on the Friday, stop at the Mother in laws and catch the train from Moor St on Saturday morning.
Thanks.

Is anyone else starting to get excited yet ?
Just hope I can get my son a ticket for this one , before he fledges the nest for Uni.

I might feel by kick off, but until then I'm pessimistic by nature!

That way it can only improve!

Yes, was saying to sirdennis the other day I'm a total pessimist, but I really do think we will win this.

Fulham choked on the last day when they could have beaten a pisspoor Small Heath side and they'd be a Premier League team already. They lost the first leg v Derby before eventually pulling it out of the fire.

They are a very good side but they are a very young and very inexperienced side. We have Steve Bruce who wrote the manual on winning in the play-offs. We have Terry, Chester, Jedinak, Whelan, Neil Tayor even - experienced international players who have seen most things in the game (mostly JT, admittedly!)

I really fancy us. It's unlikely to be a classic, but I can see a 1-0 or 2-1 to Villa.

I think Boro will have been the tougher test but as the days tick by I'm reverting to my normal nature with the Villa.

It's certainly not going to be a humdinger and I know come kick off I'll be thinking we've got this in the bag, and ugly bag, but we've got it.

Until kick off though I'm turning to valium!

Yes, was saying to sirdennis the other day I'm a total pessimist, but I really do think we will win this.

Fulham choked on the last day when they could have beaten a pisspoor Small Heath side and they'd be a Premier League team already. They lost the first leg v Derby before eventually pulling it out of the fire.

They are a very good side but they are a very young and very inexperienced side. We have Steve Bruce who wrote the manual on winning in the play-offs. We have Terry, Chester, Jedinak, Whelan, Neil Tayor even - experienced international players who have seen most things in the game (mostly JT, admittedly!)

I really fancy us. It's unlikely to be a classic, but I can see a 1-0 or 2-1 to Villa.

Yes I can confirm both JPA and JF were confident about the Middlesborough games whereas unusually for me I was not. I can't say I feel any different about the Fulham game so maybe that's a good sign.

JPA I to am a total pessimist and dont like it when fellow total pessimists become optomists.
It always ends in disaster.
Stay the pessimist until proved wrong.