Villa v Fulham - Wembley | Page 31 | Vital Football

Villa v Fulham - Wembley

You don't have to be in the Premiership to enjoy football. This season has been great and then I would rather enjoy football in the Championship than tolerate football in the Premiership.

I still maintain if we used him right he'd be a success, we don't want to play football given whatever the Villa Engine is supposed to be.

Nah he’s a league 1 player who had a short but good run at one of the smallest clubs in the championship and then some moron at the club, whether it was Bruce or someone else decided to waste £12m on him. McCormack at least had a decent record to back up the decision to spend so much money

The way we played was completely predictable and they out played us which to be honest most of us expected having watched us for 48 games this season

That's the problem. It was too predictable, the way we're set up, the way we play, the plan. It may have got us through to the final against an equally ponderous Middlesborough. But we're too easy to play against for any top Championship side.

It was a CUP FINAL!!! You have to be able to go out and take the game by the scruff of the neck. Not sit back and hope you can stop them scoring. It very rarely works in cup finals (unless you're Blues). It was only Fulham FFS.

Well that's up to the owner and the board. Plenty of small clubs with limited budgets play good football and get promoted to the Premiership. As fans it is out of our hands

I am really dreading next season skint and relying on kids who will get battered in this hard league.

3 strikers up front and not a shot between them. Insipid first half and nothing to note in midfield. Bruce either needs to change or leave. Has done a half decent job but nothing special

Disappointed but too old to be down. A difficult closed season to come and someone is going to have to start work on the new season next week.
We go again.

Not a chance he’s a failure and doesn’t deserve another season.
Looking forward to landing and hearing he’s been sacked.
Nonsense. Bruce even criticised the team for not playing high enough in the semis like he didn't have anything to do with it. The last 20 against 10 men summed it up. Our usual ponderous attack caused them no problems. Grealish, knowing it was thus, tried to score on his own and nearly did. We will now loose him due to this dross we have been playing all season. What happened to speed, one touch football? What happened to passing to a player where he will be rather than where he is when you pass it? I honestly think I could coach better than this. Bruce should go. He had the most financial backing and came up well short as was evidenced today. We have got to blood youngsters next year and get impetus going throughout the club. No more loans that are short term fixes and hinder the development of permanent players. Bruce is not your man for this.

Jack won't be going anywhere. I will put you money on that. His Dad is his agent and they are a Villa mad family.

I'm pretty confident Jack will stay, at least for another year. But what it needs is a positive sign from the board that they see a way forwards, in spite of this setback.

May apply to some other players as well.

Well that's up to the owner and the board. Plenty of small clubs with limited budgets play good football and get promoted to the Premiership. As fans it is out of our hands

I agree. Getting rid of Bruce would leave us in a big mess. It would be like when Di Matteo came and just bought players with no plan