Villa v Fulham - Wembley | Page 30 | Vital Football

Villa v Fulham - Wembley

Well done Fulham, over the season you probably deserved to go up. Well done to Bruce and the lads for coming so close, but the reality is we have not quite been good enough. Never mind, have a rest and come back in August determined to go up automatically.

Probably? Let's face it, they deserve to go up certainly.

The two best footballing teams promoted, plus old-style Cardiff who played consistently on the front foot and gave it all they've got.

Tells you something. We got close in points but those teams were clearly better, more effective than us, over the season.

Out played and fought us in the game. Finished in 3rd place. If the EFL didn't want their share of extra money, Fulham would've gone up anyway - so fair play to them minus their couple of dirty bastards.

Hogan = Awful player hopefully he never plays for villa again although I can’t see any league 1 clubs affording his wages
I still maintain if we used him right he'd be a success, we don't want to play football given whatever the Villa Engine is supposed to be.

Oh fuck.

Oh fuck

Oh fuck

Our season in a 90 min game right there. Totally predictable approach I'm afraid . Damage done with anaemic first half .

Another Wembley no show. Sick of the place.

I was out the door on the final whistle. There were Fulham fans ahead of me on Olympic Way. Go figure. Not sour grapes but that is downright shit.
With the resources available next season i think Bruce has run his course. Way I feel now a fresh a new approach needed from a new manager .

This may not be a bad thing. We will have to get rid of our top earners, and who ever is manager will have to build a hungry young squad. In the long run we may actually benefit from this. Hopefully Bruce will be that manager, as I personally believe he had done well at the club.

very much doubt it'll not be a bad thing tbh.
season always seemed shit or bust - so bust it seems.
So just new keeper, 3 defenders, couple of midfielders and striker to replace with pretty much zip done in the way of our youth players getting playing time
some job for someone next season

No point being too down mate, it was a one off game where anything could happen. Someone was going to be disappointed and unfortunately it was us. It was down to the players to win the game and they obviously didn't want it enough, shame and a few of them will pay with their jobs.

This may not be a bad thing. We will have to get rid of our top earners, and who ever is manager will have to build a hungry young squad. In the long run we may actually benefit from this. Hopefully Bruce will be that manager, as I personally believe he had done well at the club.
Nonsense. Bruce even criticised the team for not playing high enough in the semis like he didn't have anything to do with it. The last 20 against 10 men summed it up. Our usual ponderous attack caused them no problems. Grealish, knowing it was thus, tried to score on his own and nearly did. We will now loose him due to this dross we have been playing all season. What happened to speed, one touch football? What happened to passing to a player where he will be rather than where he is when you pass it? I honestly think I could coach better than this. Bruce should go. He had the most financial backing and came up well short as was evidenced today. We have got to blood youngsters next year and get impetus going throughout the club. No more loans that are short term fixes and hinder the development of permanent players. Bruce is not your man for this.

The worry is this will now spell years or even decades of mediocre football in the championship

The way we played was completely predictable and they out played us which to be honest most of us expected having watched us for 48 games this season

Console yourself with a dip in the pool Andy ! At least you are not on the underground following another shit day out at Wembley. Shit hole wank place. Hate it.

On the bright side the mobile English chippy has come to my town today. Have a safe trip home mate

Your opinion, I disagree, I'm not going to get worked up about this, the Championship is the hardest league and we fell short at the last hurdle, no disgrace in that.

Starting off negative looked a very rigid side very poor first half .. a team has to believe we never 1 up front and he played bad too deep, best team won & our team would come straight back down playing like that. Bruce give kids a chance next season old men don’t suit Wembley

No point being too down mate, it was a one off game where anything could happen. Someone was going to be disappointed and unfortunately it was us. It was down to the players to win the game and they obviously didn't want it enough, shame and a few of them will pay with their jobs.

I know Wurz but it was winnable. This was as good as chance as we’ll have for a long time. I’ve enjoyed this season but football is a money driven business and you’ve got to be in the Prem to earn it