Villa V Brentford: Wed, 22nd Aug, 19.45 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Villa V Brentford: Wed, 22nd Aug, 19.45

Yeah, seems like quite a knowledgable wind-up merchant, or he’s got a serious chip on his shoulder Villa related.

They’ll be back in the conference in 5 years when they spend all their money on a new stadium.

The general consensus from them is that they will win 5-0 or draw and we'll have robbed them. :ROFLMAO:

I think they're recent relative success has gone to their heads a bit.

Having had the misfortune to read that Brentford forum link I sincerely hope the Villa players are up for it - on form and we stuff the cocky arseholes and send them back to that shithole called London wishing they never bothered.

I’m not sure why but I was expecting to read a lot of respect for us, lots of little fans looking forward to their big day out to the big stadium where they actually take more than 150 fans to an away game.

They should pin some of those posts of the Brentford forum onto the dressing room walls tomorrow . Fucking urchins I hope we smash them .
Problem is Silhill, if they post 75% of the stuff from this forum, predicting a Brentford win and having a go at half our own players and the manager, then that will counter anything else that gets put up....

Just because we have a manager who has won the most promotions that does not mean the other teams in the league should forget about getting promoted because they don't have a manager that is as successful.

My point is although we may have a clearly better home vs their away record, that does not mean we will definitely beat them. What matters is how the teams are playing currently. Brentford apparently have been playing very good football compared to our boring style of play and we have not had a good performance against any of the teams we have played thus far.

Hence, many are predicting a defeat. Would be great if the Bristol/Wolves game Villa is what we see...
I don't believe most see us losing as you say.
It's just negative people like you m8.
A win away from going top against a team we can beat, even to some that think they are the Barcelona second coming.
You really are a glass half empty type person.☹??

Tough game this as we all know. By the law of averages surely we're due a decent performance and positive result against them. If the knives are out before we've even lost, heaven knows what it'll be like when we actually do lose......and believe it or not we will at some point! Sensible team selection, playing on the front foot with some semblance of intensity would be a start....our home record is one of the best in the league over the past two seasons, let's play in a way that reflects that! We're playing Brentford...not Barcelona!

--------- Moreira (or Bunn) ----------
Elmo Chester Tuanzebe Hutton
----------- Whelan ----------------
Green McGinn. Hourihane
----------- Grealish---------------
----------- Kodija-----------------

Written off the new keeper already then?

Lets not forget Sam Johnstone also had a shakey start to life at Villa.

I fail to see how Nyland has won 28 caps for Norway if he isn't good enough for us, he just needs a little time. He'll be fine.

I don't get the Brentford love in. They're a half decent team, but then so are we. We're at home, we have Grealish, McGinn, Kodjia with the monkey off his back... We should be winning this.

It won't be easy, but then it shouldn't be easy we need to work for our wins and I'm backing them to do so.

No point in getting upset by their fans trying to make fun of us or being over confident, we get it at most clubs in this league. They dont like the fact we see ourselves as a big club and rightly get irked when some fans expect us to brush little Brentford aside. They do seem to like the fact that our fanbase is a little split at the moment and will turn on the team if we go a goal down - they're probably right but lets try not to do it for a change. UTV

No point in getting upset by their fans trying to make fun of us or being over confident, we get it at most clubs in this league. They dont like the fact we see ourselves as a big club and rightly get irked when some fans expect us to brush little Brentford aside. They do seem to like the fact that our fanbase is a little split at the moment and will turn on the team if we go a goal down - they're probably right but lets try not to do it for a change. UTV
Unfortunately most opposing managers have much of their motivational team talks ready-made for them when they visit Villa Park. “Get into them early and the fans will turn” or words to that effect.

Going to have to miss this one due to quite a bad bout of food poisoning which could have come from a Sunday night curry got environmental health checking it over. Two hundred plus miles might be a bridge too far at this point in time:bull: