Villa V Brentford: Wed, 22nd Aug, 19.45 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Villa V Brentford: Wed, 22nd Aug, 19.45

We've only lost 2 of our last 27 home games.

Brentford have only won 9 of their last 27 away games.

Amazing to me that so many Villa fans still expect us to be comprehensively beaten.

Is that what you said when we were to play Qpr at home last season or Sheff wed?

Yeah, because we should be winning all 46 games each season. Be thankful you weren't brought up to follow Small Heath. You would have a multitude of things to moan about if you were a bloser.

Ryan Woods is being linked with loan with view to 6 million transfer to Stoke.

Might explain why he hasn't been playing . Terrific little player . If he plays tommorrow and we haven't learnt our lesson I will not be happy. We have been warned 4 times about him and not got to grips.

Is this the same Ryan Woods who was completely anonymous when they came to Villa Park and drew 0-0 last season?

Why are we so worried about him?

I didn't see him as anonymous. I thought he controlled the space in front of their back four and denied us space. The attacks they made from deep were initiated by his passing.
Different views I suppose.

Woods plays well for Brentford but I could see him being another Westwood for us. He just sits in front of the centre backs spraying the ball out to their wing backs - quite a few Brentford fans seem to prefer McEachran to him as he plays further forward. I think we have greater needs at the moment.

We already could be 5 points behind Leeds tonight & 6 points behind Boro if we lose and results go against us.
We simply have to win.

The annoying thing is, this is the most blatantly obvious and logical statement anyne could ever say on here, but I know it won't happen.

I want round pegs in round holes and to play football as if we want to win the game, playing to our strengths.

There you go, not difficult is it, but it won't happen, and we all know it.

Personally, I would like this....

..................................Nyland (although I would have preferred Steer tbh)

..............Elmo Tuanzaebe Chester Hutton

................... ...................McGinn

Adomah..............Grealish.......Hourihane.......Green

.......................................Kodjia

With McGinn box to box, Grealish and Hourihane playng on the edge of their box picking up pieces and Adomah, Green and Kodjia getting in that box , running at the opposition and creating havoc.

I flicked on MtoD last night for about 5 minutes, I don't even know wh they were talking about, but they said, look at the players in the box - 1..2..3...4..5...6 - the opposition can't stop them, coz they don't know who to stop.

Thats what our team should be, that is what we are capable of.

But you just don't know we won't.

It will be Tuan at RB, Jedi at CB, Elmo in mid, and more of the pass pass pass pass, hoof, fall over, maybe foul , maybe not, when it is, cross, hope we score.

And we may even win like that - but surely to god, someone at the club can see that we are capable of so much more than what we are producing - and asking the question why we aren't doing it.

My way - 4-1
Bruces way - 1-1

Same lineup I'd go for. With McGinn getting box to box and crunching in with tackles, I think he negates the need for a traditional DM, especially at home.

Adomah's form is a worry (and I'm a fan) but we don't have much alternative at the moment.

Woods plays well for Brentford but I could see him being another Westwood for us. He just sits in front of the centre backs spraying the ball out to their wing backs - quite a few Brentford fans seem to prefer McEachran to him as he plays further forward. I think we have greater needs at the moment.

No, he passes forward for a start. He will pick up the ball from the centre backs then 30 seconds later will appear on the edge of the opposition box picking passes. He is the polar opposite of Wastewood.

No one is saying he is a world beater or is the key for whether we win or lose tomorrow . But the four times I have seen him play against us I have been very impressed.

No, he passes forward for a start. He will pick up the ball from the centre backs then 30 seconds later will appear on the edge of the opposition box picking passes. He is the polar opposite of Wastewood.

No one is saying he is a world beater or is the key for whether we win or lose tomorrow . But the four times I have seen him play against us I have been very impressed.

Well I do remember him picking it up from the centre backs but dont recall him getting forward too much. I do rate him and thought he was probably MOM when we last played them at VP. But Brentford fans see him as more of a defensive midfielder and they've watched him far more than I have. They are all raving about a couple of new players they have at the moment and none seem too bothered about Woods going