Villa, Hogan and transfers | Vital Football

Villa, Hogan and transfers

Kentbee

Vital Reserves Team
Crazy time with our opponents tonight the favourites to sign Hogan, talk of Canos coming back and Grimsby's Bogle to replace Hogan maybe?

All overshadows what is a huge game tonight. Villa at home is one of the big matches this season and on the telly as well. Time for the squad to step up and give us a result after some poor recent games.

Wow where did that performance come from? DS made some brave team selections added in the new Dutch guy and suddenly we have width, flair and movement. Jota looked like he had never been away.

Villa looked thoroughly ragged in the end, great move for SH!!!! That result will seriously dent their play off chances.

Flabbergasted , if only we could play like that every week .

Wow. All you can say really. Jota and Dean were incredible tonight. Even Vibe played well. McEachran was brilliant, Colin too. Where did that come from? The new guy, despite all my cynicism (and I reserve the right to keep it for now) looked good too.
We played narrow, wide, narrow, chopped and changed smoothly and it screwed Villa up completely. THAT was a promotional side. A vast difference from what we have got used to. A mate here who watches most Championship games said he thought that was the best Championship performance he has seen from anyone this season.
I think that we may well have seen the last of Sawyers now. I've done my best but he blows too cold too often. With Sergi coming in maybe Romaine will be relegated to sub's bench but still means one will have to fall back too. For me Woods should be the fall guy for now. Not been consistent enough. That said, Sergi will be broken in gradually no doubt, not enough football lately for him. With a bit of luck that will mean my most unfavourite player in years will disappear again (just like he does when he enters the pitch) although he was brought on instead of Sawyers. Who knows? Who cares at the moment?

Now we have to follow that up and keep it consistent.

As good a performance as I've seen since we reached the championship, that's how good we were. Villa team packed with big names yet after a difficult 15 mins we smashed em. We used our pace & width & the back 4 looked stronger and resting RS allowed Josh to have his best game for us. The wet pitch helped & everyone played really well. Jota, Josh, Harlee, Colin were sensational & so good to see young Field out there. I didn't see this coming but the sale of Hogan, arrival of Sergi & performance lifted GP which was noisy/hostile again.

Go for it Dean, be positive, transmit belief that we can beat these so called big teams & we'll be more than ok. We won't win em all but show that passion & effort each week & GP will be rammed again.

Brilliant night!

Dead right about the atmosphere, Rebel. I said it to Sean and think I texted you saying noise levels were up and paddock looked more like it's intimidating self and it all seemed to knock on.

The moment that team was announced I let out a sigh of relief - although I never expected a performance of that quality. Every player was playing in their most comfortable position. Left back at left back, left sided centre half at left sided centre half, two proper wingers. The front three were swapping position, the three midfielders were rotating and of the back four only Bjelland stayed put while the rest marauded upfield whenever they felt like it.

It's like the way we tried to play under Warbs but I don't think even he managed a performance that good.

So, where do we fit Canos in?