Villa Fan Comments | Page 2 | Vital Football

Villa Fan Comments

Villa were in dire straits this summer, so I'd love to know how they've managed to avoiding breaching FFP - whilst strengthening their squad and not selling Grealish.

You're right, just the wages of Abraham is a significant cost. And Grealish has just signed a new contract meaning no doubt that he's had a pay rise. They need a new keeper in Jan because the one they've got is gash. So that'll be another expensive loan, or purchase. And then I'm sure Smith will want to bring a few players in himself.

They still seem to be a club in denial. They can pretend it doesn't apply to them but FFP catches up with clubs who spend big and then fail.

They still seem to be a club in denial. They can pretend it doesn't apply to them but FFP catches up with clubs who spend big and then fail.

Not sure it applies to them. They're a big club from a big city and were recently in the Prem and are needed there, so I'm sure any transgressions will be overlooked.

Think the issue was that under Xia they had no money coming in but the new owners have money. They are still going to breach FFP but they can now still operate as a business and will more than likely just accept and pay whatever fine comes their way.

Think the issue was that under Xia they had no money coming in but the new owners have money. They are still going to breach FFP but they can now still operate as a business and will more than likely just accept and pay whatever fine comes their way.

It depends whether they become subject to a transfer embargo

How long as he got, 4 years left on his contract? Hes going nowhere unless the top 6 coming knocking, which they wont.

If Fawaz was still in charge I would be gravely concerned ahead of the January transfer window. Of course that’s not to say we won’t sell Lolley or find it impossible to keep hold of him, but I’d like to think we’d only be selling for £20m+, nothing less.

I genuinely hope we keep hold of every single player we’ve got in January apart from the ones that AK seems surplus to requirements. Get rid of the surplus, add one or two (striker and possibly a keeper) and I honestly believe we have a very good chance of being top six in May.

I have to say, huge credit has to go to Marinakis, Karanka and all of the players for the progress made since last season. It actually feels good to be a Forest fan again, for the first time in a very very long time. In almost no time at all we’ve gone from relegation fodder with a team lurching from one winless streak to another, to a team now starting to earn a bit of respect throughout the division. We don’t just have one player capable of producing a goal or an assist, we have several. We’ve proved we can keep clean sheets in consecutive games. We’ve proved we can go away from home and not be shoved aside. All we need now is a little more consistency and we’ll be in the mix come May for sure.

I do think though that the January window is crucial to us now. Keeping hold of what we want to I keep hold of, and tweaking here and there with the breathing space made available by ridding ourselves of the surplus to requirements is crucial. And if we’re not in the mix come May, I’d be very surprised if we’re not in the mix next season when this team has had a full 12 months together.

If Fawaz was still in charge I would be gravely concerned ahead of the January transfer window. Of course that’s not to say we won’t sell Lolley or find it impossible to keep hold of him, but I’d like to think we’d only be selling for £20m+, nothing less.

I genuinely hope we keep hold of every single player we’ve got in January apart from the ones that AK seems surplus to requirements. Get rid of the surplus, add one or two (striker and possibly a keeper) and I honestly believe we have a very good chance of being top six in May.

I have to say, huge credit has to go to Marinakis, Karanka and all of the players for the progress made since last season. It actually feels good to be a Forest fan again, for the first time in a very very long time. In almost no time at all we’ve gone from relegation fodder with a team lurching from one winless streak to another, to a team now starting to earn a bit of respect throughout the division. We don’t just have one player capable of producing a goal or an assist, we have several. We’ve proved we can keep clean sheets in consecutive games. We’ve proved we can go away from home and not be shoved aside. All we need now is a little more consistency and we’ll be in the mix come May for sure.

I do think though that the January window is crucial to us now. Keeping hold of what we want to I keep hold of, and tweaking here and there with the breathing space made available by ridding ourselves of the surplus to requirements is crucial. And if we’re not in the mix come May, I’d be very surprised if we’re not in the mix next season when this team has had a full 12 months together.

PVH, I go back to one of my earlier posts. We will stay in the mix until Feb and then take control of the league. The players are starting to believe. At the end of the game several were exhausted which means they were working so hard for each other. You simply cannot buy that endeavour and it comes from the club, and I mean the club not just the players, believing and trusting in the direction they are going.
It is only one game but ……………...…..
you chuffing reds!!