Villa Fan Comments | Page 3 | Vital Football

Villa Fan Comments

Interesting stat:
There is one player who has been involved in each of the last 3 EFL TEN goal games!
Including Wednesday!

problem with Lolley situation is that if someone slings 5-7m into the ring then that is a huge profit on the initial outlay

and we all know that clubs need to turn over revenue that keeps us within ffp...I hope we are good to go and we just laugh off any offers

problem with Lolley situation is that if someone slings 5-7m into the ring then that is a huge profit on the initial outlay

and we all know that clubs need to turn over revenue that keeps us within ffp...I hope we are good to go and we just laugh off any offers
5-7m wouldn't be enough I don't think. He's worth more, he's integral to our team and we aren't run by Fawaz "QuickQuid" AlHasawi any more.
I don't believe Lolley will be leaving unless it really is serious money. The only ones who could turn the screw on us are Villa, as Lolley would jump at the chance (you'd think?) and so it undermines Forests position. Otherwise, we're very much in the driving seat for this one.

We do not need to sell Lolley to keep within FFP; we have already sold Brereton for 6m.

The worry for me is, why are all these stories going around about Lolley? I am led to believe we don't need the money, he is on a long contract, he is enjoying his football. I hope his name has not been banded around as we are looking to cash in on him in Jan. There will be uproar if we sell him in Jan, and it would certainly decrease our goal threat for the rest of the season.

5-7m wouldn't be enough I don't think. He's worth more, he's integral to our team and we aren't run by Fawaz "QuickQuid" AlHasawi any more.
I don't believe Lolley will be leaving unless it really is serious money. The only ones who could turn the screw on us are Villa, as Lolley would jump at the chance (you'd think?) and so it undermines Forests position. Otherwise, we're very much in the driving seat for this one.

There is a small problem with clubs offering huge amounts for Joe; if we start knocking back offers of 7 or 8 or 9m or more, his agent will be straight in to see Karanka wanting a wage which is commensurate with his new standing.

If the club was to reject that kind of demand it may have a negative impact on his current "happy" status.

The worry for me is, why are all these stories going around about Lolley? I am led to believe we don't need the money, he is on a long contract, he is enjoying his football. I hope his name has not been banded around as we are looking to cash in on him in Jan. There will be uproar if we sell him in Jan, and it would certainly decrease our goal threat for the rest of the season.

Is his name being bandied around?

All of the on line rumourmongering has been the work of the click bait sites; if another club was attempting to unsettle him or he was agitating for a move away, you would expect to see articles in the press from a tame journalist or two.

I just cannot see the new regime being bullied into selling a player they do not want to sell, unless they are getting top dollar and have a like for like replacement lined up.

All of the on line rumourmongering has been the work of the click bait sites; if another club was attempting to unsettle him or he was agitating for a move away, you would expect to see articles in the press from a tame journalist or two.

I just cannot see the new regime being bullied into selling a player they do not want to sell, unless they are getting top dollar and have a like for like replacement lined up.

That's why I put the word "hope" in my text, I didn't say his name is being banded around!

Notice Coveney, Iacovetti and Ahmedhozovic played against Gillingham today. Does this mean the person who showed the best credentials is in the squad on Saturday or the fact that Preston didn't play, means he is training with the first team squad?

Express, Star, Sun and Mail allegedly. Those paragons of journalism.

Notice Coveney, Iacovetti and Ahmedhozovic played against Gillingham today. Does this mean the person who showed the best credentials is in the squad on Saturday or the fact that Preston didn't play, means he is training with the first team squad?

Can't imagine Iacovitti will be at Forest much longer, I thought he would have been loaned out again and think he contract expires next summer.

If Robinson plays as a CH we will still need another one on the bench . Is Preston ahead of Ahmedhozovic now? Is Josef Hefele a relation of Michael H. ?