Villa Fan Comments | Vital Football

Villa Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Going to be a tough game against a decent team who have had an extra rest day.

Seen quite a bit of them this season (as normal) and they are a very decent, very well organised and tight side with our very own Joe Lolley in fine form. It’s a tough game. I still think we can beat them though. Play of the front foot and take the game to them.

For the game, it’s another tough one, but one I think we will win. Forest are decent mind, so we will have to play well.

Always feel a bit special when the league's 2 biggest clubs play each other.

I would say Leeds and probably Derby, and possibly Wednesday, are bigger clubs than Forest imo.

Forest have won more trophies than them.

2 of which were European cups!!!!

We've won the most in the division, even if most were 100 years ago.

Yep, Forest are a fallen giant, after us I feel like they’re the most successful team in this league.

Forest have won more major trophies than all of them. Everyone is talking about Leeds, but what have they actually won? Not alot, same with Newcastle.

In terms of support, stadium size, and time spent in the top flight and the fact that they have been successful in different eras with different managers, Leeds are the bigger club. Even if they are dirty.

Oh FFS, good start.

Former players why do they score so often?

**** sake. Getting cut to pieces.

Can someone tell our defence that the game has started!!!

Both goals on the midfield as well, its hard for defenders when they have players running at speed. Forest just walzed through the middle of the park.

0-2. Can't see any way back alrerady.

Stunning cross Bolasie!

We're back in the game.

Joe Lolley tearing us apart.

Back in it. Great cross bolaise.

5-4 win is on the cards.

8-7 more like.

2-2 lol

OMG this game is mental.

Well this is more fun than Bruceball.

(at this point a Leeds fan turns up) I tuned in to see why you were all so confident you'll go up. Still compiling evidence but a little confusing thus far.

No idea why, still at least we didnt need to punch a goal vs Forest to equalise ;)

Their number 10 is a good player.

It's Villa vs. Villa. Terrible defense vs. awesome attack.

Massive hole in midfield, has Hourihane got anywhere near a Forest player yet?

Just tuning in lads, have I missed much?

Ffs. LOLLEY 3 assists.

Defence need more protection from midfield, can't just let Lolley do what he wants.

They need a bloody fence 8 feet high.

Cash is raping Hutton.

We are all over them, playing good football and we're losing by a goal. This is BS.

Bolaise has the beating of Robinson any time he wants.

We need to just keep getting the ball to Bolasie at every opportunity. They look terrified of him.

Earned that penalty through fear.

Lolley just through the midfield yet again. Need to get the midfield organised better to get tight on him when he's receiving the ball.

Grabban is a quality poacher but he cannot beat a man for toffee.

Half time ..I need a lie down.

That half was pure crack. Gimme another dirty hit.

This is the championship experience we were promised in the dark old premier league days... finally.

Bloody hell. Anyone remember Steve Bruce?

Yeah, he was the prick that wasted millions and left us with this defence and keeper.

Not sure how Forest have only conceded 1 in 5 games. Looks like their defence trains with ours.

That Carvalho guy looks very impressive.

Is Karanka just a depressed looking bloke in general.

I think he’s genuinely horrified by what he’s seeing from both sides. He loves a good 0-0, a Spanish Tony Pulis is what he strikes me as.

**** off lolley.

I officially can't stand this Lolley guy.

Lolley you bastard.

Great hit, but maybe dont stand there and let him shoot. Pathetic committment to defending tonight.

3 assists and a screamer. Clearly wants to be signed.

To me, to you! Laughable!!

Quality strike that, Villa fans shouldn't be allowed to play against us. Still more to come in this one.

Joe Lolley is having a stunner and obviously putting himself in the shop window to Deano and co for January.

Our gifts aside, Forest are a good side.

Grabban's beard doesn't look any better now he plays for a different team.

Has anyone counted to see if they have an extra player on the pitch ... the way they dominate our midfield and back 4 is somewhat worrying.

Give credit where credit is due, this Forest team have every chance of promotion too. Good team.

Red card to them bet we still **** this up.

Deserved, that was filth.

FOUR 4 TAMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Best. Game. Ever.

Hutton suspended for Boro match. For moaning at a ref who had already sent off their player. Idiot.

BOLASSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

And goodnight Forest.

wtf... so, so long since a Villa game made me feel like this.

What a chance for forest. Should have been 5-5.

Might actually need to score another to win this.

**** OFF GRABBAN

Was that Chester against Graban there? Nyland pathetic but so was our defender.

Who the expletive is this bleep Lolley anyway?! Shame on you, defensive coach John Terry.

Nyland should donate all his wages to charity.

When was the last time we conceeded 5 goals at home!!

Ask Joleon Lescott.

We could have played without a keeper today and would have made no difference in terms of conceding.

Another disallowed goal?

That's it, I'm booking myself into rehab.

Astonishing match. Overall, a point is fine, but we should have won it when we got it to 5-4.

Boring shite. Smith out!

While it's nice to be fun to watch, shipping 5 goals to crap like Forest is never acceptable. Please **** off Nyland.

But Forest are not crap....

OMG, what a game. Disappointed with the final result in the end, but loved every minute of the match. This match is why I watch football.

Totally forgotten what a match like that feels like. Loved the game, bitterly disappointed with the result.

Forest had 5 shots on target and scored 5 goals. Unaccpetable from Nyland. On the positive side we had 26 shots!

Probably the best game of football I've seen. It would have graced any league or stadium. It was like two boxers giving everything but neither accepting defeat.

Only thing missing was coins thrown into the ring at the end of the game but Villa would have been fined for that lol.

Pass and move football at it's best by both teams.

I think Forest are a good team. I can understand disappointment, but comparing that to how we were playing at the start of the season, it's a breath of fresh air.

Let's not forget, our defense has been shambolic all season, Forest were clinical tonight and not every team we play will be.

You can't blame one player, our whole setup was woefully imbalanced. Forest were able to get the ball forward so easily, there was little protection for the back 4 and every time Forest seemed to go forward they scored.

Saying that, it seems odd to say that we totally dominated that game, because we did. I don't know what to think, but conceding 5 at home to a middle of the road team is quite shocking really.

from what i'm reading all 5 goals conceded are Nylands fault......

I have just watched the goals again and i dont get why everyone is blaming him for tonight, i really dont.....Forest cut through our defense like a knife through butter.....

Now that the dust has settled, I can look back at how a lad who has one of all time highest post counts on here, who played for the VT 5 a side team and who we used to laugh at for his similarity to the 4000 series mechanoid, Kryten, absolutely bossed the game and scored a bone fide screamer at Villa Park. Well played Joe, but do us a favour and save it for sha next time will you?

Abraham with the lesser known perfect hattrick - head, right foot, bollocks.

For their part, I thought Forest were lively - they're not bad at the back, they came into tonight's game on the back of three clean sheets, I thought Grabban was superb, Lolley played well and their number 10 was a handful - they played a part in a truly wonderful spectacle. While we're at it, I think their fans were the loudest I've heard at Villa Park this season. Fair play to em. We still should have won though.

Forest were a little lucky, we were a little unlucky, 32,000 fans were very lucky indeed.

The highlights of this game last 135 minutes.

January swap, Lansbury and Jedinak for Lolley.

I think Forest deserved a point for they way they attacked. 5 goals away from home and only a point lol.

Other teams won't be able to exploit our weaknesses the way Forest did.

Fair play to both teams tonight.

We were great in the attacking third but, yet again, we gifted the ball to an excellent counter attacking team and both the lightweight midfield with wide players who offer little defensive help and defence were made to look like idiots.

We didn't deserve to win that at all. 2-0 down, 3-2 down, 4-3 down. Forget the 10 men . That glosses over the reality that as a team we didn't do enough. Forwards did, wingers did. Defence and midfield didn't. If anyone should be scratching their heads over how they didn't win it should be Forest.

Forest are by far the best away side I have seen at VP this season and are well in the mix for automatic in my opinion.

Grabban looked class again tonight - such a shame we didnt have the money to sign him permanently in the summer.

After 4 hours of sleep and a car ride to work I still don't know how we didn't win that match. I'm also not sure how we didn't lose though to be honest.

Thanks CP - as ever was looking forward to this thread.

Some very fair comments and most seem to reflect upon what was an excellent game of football, with some very complimentary comments about Forest as a team.... refreshing and that point, feels like a win - coming from a goal down & playing nearly 30 mins with 10 men!

Hope Foxy is fit soon as I'm worried by the Dawson & Hefele CB pairing!

"Forest are by far the best away side I have seen at VP this season and are well in the mix for automatic in my opinion."

I sat with the Villa fans last night; the vast majority of people around me were full of praise for us.

The comment above, and variations of it, were prevalent all through the game.

They love Carvalho and seem to think that Lolley will crawl there on his hands and knees in January.

They have a nice run of four games coming up: Middlesboro and Albion away and Leeds and Stoke at home; someone will be dropping points, that's for sure.

"Forest are by far the best away side I have seen at VP this season and are well in the mix for automatic in my opinion."

I sat with the Villa fans last night; the vast majority of people around me were full of praise for us.

They love Carvalho and seem to think that Lolley will crawl there on his hands and knees in January.

They have a nice run of four games coming up: Middlesboro and Albion away and Leeds and Stoke at home; someone will be dropping points, that's for sure.

I said that Carvalho had his best game for a while against Hull but he was a few levels above that last night.

Looking back at our first goal, I love the little look he gives to see where Grabban is. He then plays it to Lolley knowing that he'll square it. Great to see such intelligent players playing for us; looks like our attacking players are really beginning to understand each other's games now.

Villa fans blaming defence and goalie but their midfield had no intention of defending and the fullbacks pushed up leaving big holes.

Villa must be foul of FFP before signing loans of Bolasie and Abrahams (Over £150K p.w. on wages alone). They do need to sign a defensive midfielder, perhaps a centre half and most of their fans do not appreciate Nyland (step forward Bridcutt, Watson and Pantillimon) but am sure they have no money. Grealish going would make them half the team and Kodja is waisted out wide. Forest could put in a cheeky bid for Kodja plus a couple going the other way??

When does the FFP and annual reports come out of EFL. Beginning of Dec? Must be some interesting reading and accounting somewhere.

As a Villa fan, I have no doubt that a move to them would be dreamland for Lolley but he is playing well under AK, contracted and it would take big money (assuming no release clause) to get us to release him.

If Brereton is worth £7m - what is Lolley worth?

As a Villa fan, I have no doubt that a move to them would be dreamland for Lolley but he is playing well under AK, contracted and it would take big money (assuming no release clause) to get us to release him.

If Brereton is worth £7m - what is Lolley worth?

I don't think Villa can afford him without throwing FFP completely out of the window. Must be a 10/12 million player on current form.

Great read as always CP, thanks.

I don't think Villa can afford him without throwing FFP completely out of the window. Must be a 10/12 million player on current form.

Great read as always CP, thanks.

Villa were in dire straits this summer, so I'd love to know how they've managed to avoiding breaching FFP - whilst strengthening their squad and not selling Grealish.