Villa Expected League Position 2018 -19 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Villa Expected League Position 2018 -19

Think Lampard might prove decent long term but promotion in your first season is a big ask. Preston would be my dark horses for top six. Didn't see much in Boro that suggested automatic promotion but Pulis is much like Warnock and Bruce in his not lose approach. Should be clearer after 10 games. With a good start for us who knows?

Just a few days to go and we're still jo clearer as to who is coming in and who might be going out.

If Jack stays then we can certainly make a push for the play offs again, especially If Kodjia can get back to form. If Jack goes then we lose the only bit of magic in the squad but I still think top 10 would be doable.

I can see Derby starting off in the top 3, then when the going gets tough blow it like they usually do.
I can see the automatic places being between tesco bags, Villa, Boro, Leeds, Forest.

Everyone seems to think Stoke are going to run away with it, lol. Weren't Middlesbrough going to "smash" the league last season?

I think we'll get promoted because football is nuts.

Just done the BBC prediction table based on my current thinking. Hopefully a couple of good loans and either a decent Grealish replacement or him staying would make me think we have an outside chance of the play offs. At present, I think we are significantly weaker than last season and I think it will take 2 or 3 seasons to get back in the promotion picture:

1. Stoke
2. Derby
3. Middlesbrough
4. Leeds
5. West Brom
6. Forest

14. Villa

21. Small Heath
22. Bolton
23. Reading
24. Rotherham

Preston as a dark horse (Alex Neil earnt promotion with Norwich think he can build on 7th place finish last season) - 1st
Middlesborough (pulis) will be the Cardiff (warnock) of last season - 2nd
Villa - 3rd
Stoke (Rowett is always there about) - 4th

(I think villa will has a good chance of automatic promotion IF Bruce gives the youngsters a chance AND they step up yo the mark, in which case switch places with Preston - Villa 1st, Preston 3rd)

Shite, forgot about Leeds and Forest.
Leeds, I don't rate Bielsa as highly as others - 5th
Forrest, Karanka is decent but has a lot of work to do - 6th

Last edited:
If we have the same squad as we have today, we could be fighting relegation.
We are very weak in the goalkeeping, central defence and leftback area's.
With an injury to Chester we will be well and truly in the doggy doo pile.

Stoke are in the position we were 2 years ago, buying so many players but how will they gel.
Albion were so poor last season but had that funny run at the end. I think Moore will come un stuck with the rough and tumble of the league. He will be out of his depth and gone by Christmas.
Don't get the hype over Lampard. I can only see Derby mid table.
Forest, us and Leeds are my bet for the promotion fight.
We have an excellent squad, if used to its full strength.
Blues to go down. Shocking last year with an even worse team this season. Thanks to the embargo.
how things changed for us and them in just 2 short weeks.

I think i’d be happy with top ten with current squad and Manager.

Think results will be very similar to his first season as it stands.

Can see him sticking to 3-5-1-1 which will fuck us up until he sees sense.

Lampard will be sacked before January
So will Rowett
Plus at least 4 others in the championship

I like super Frank. Always was a class act. But big risk.
Hope Chew face Rowett fails miserably.
Firstly because he was a snide shit about us when he was at blues. Despite him, as some have said on here, being a fan of ours.
Secondly, he chews with his mouth open. Disgusting . Learn some manners..

Oh. And he is hugely overrated and plays the worst football in the league. Watch a re run of our game against them at home or their play off games v Fulham .

Stoke, Villa and Leeds to go up.

Don't really get the pessimism to be honest.

We still have the most successful Championship Manager of all time in charge. He'll get us up, no problem.