Views on football's approach to CV | Vital Football

Views on football's approach to CV

tomytony

Vital Champions League
I was wondering what fellow posters think about the way the way the clubs, the football authorities and the union is approaching this crisis?

Are they using the right PR approach or are they keeping a low profile in the hope that the spotlight won't fall on them?

Is it right for clubs to rely on the state to pay staff wages whilst still paying players upwards of £70k a week?

What about Gordon Taylor's stance on this- he's only on £2.2 million a year?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ootballs-fattest-cat-meant-step-year-ago.html

Your 3rd para is what will make most fans angry.
True CBB- he was due to retire last year but has hung on because he wants to see the results of a review into the organisation itself.

Some in the game say he's done a great job when you look at the wages players get nowadays but I don't think it's collective bargaining that's got them on 300k a week. I also don't think he's done much to cascade the riches throughout the league ladder or look after retired players .

True CBB- he was due to retire last year but has hung on because he wants to see the results of a review into the organisation itself.

Some in the game say he's done a great job when you look at the wages players get nowadays but I don't think it's collective bargaining that's got them on 300k a week. I also don't think he's done much to cascade the riches throughout the league ladder or look after retired players .

Yep him anall ;)

Oh FFS don’t get me started on this again shouldn’t need any directive all players could waive a couple of grand a week to cover everyone else’s wages in the club they should be doin it cos of their conscience not be forced,no prem player is goin to miss 2k out of their pay packet and I’m aware it’s not their fault they are paid so much and but it’s a short career doesn’t wash anymore when you earn millions a season I and anyone else could retire on a million even in my 20s
bottom line is everyone is having their cloth cut for them except the highest paid in the land
as for clubs dipping in to the government fund they should be banned from doing it if they are still paying thousands out to players end of

Yep him anall ;)

Back to no 3!

The problem with the cover all system the government has put in place is that it does not(cannot) discriminate between those companies that could afford it and those that can't as it needs to get to those in need a.s.a,p

It's more pointed in football with it's high profile and everyone knowing what the top players earn and then seeing eg NUFC and Spurs going for the government scheme straightaway whilst, seemingly, still finding the wherewithal to pay what many will increasingly now see as obscene amounts to the best paid individuals in the land. It needs a very skilful PR man to spin it positively no matter how they approach it.

Meanwhile in Spain

Atletico Madrid have confirmed their players will take a 70% wage cut, to supplement the salaries of 430 club staff in the coming months.
Barcelona have announced 70% wage reductions and support packages for non playing staff in recent days.
Real Betis players, coaching staff and directors have agreed a 15% pay cut to avoid other workers at the club losing their income.

Hope this shames the rest of them into doing something similar.

Tottenham, Newcastle, Norwich and Bournemouth all furloughing staff. Could end up being more.

Tottenham can afford to pay 10 million for a gamble on Jack Clarke but can't afford to pay their staff for a couple of months. That's just wrong, and the money these clubs are poncing needs to be clawed back.

Money has now been pledgedfrom the prem players so all the haters ,:Fingers:
I don't think it's towards individual players so much Twirls and there seems to be plenty of them out there doing their bit.

It's like RD says, it's the clubs that are still paying them full salaries (ATM at least) and then laying off all the rest of the staff and putting them on the 80% government scheme that sticks in the craw.

Liverpool, with a turnover of £533m last season, the latest to furlough staff.

Wonder if the high ups sung 'you'll never walk alone' as they announced the decision, greedy sods.

Tottenham, Newcastle, Norwich and Bournemouth all furloughing staff. Could end up being more.

Tottenham can afford to pay 10 million for a gamble on Jack Clarke but can't afford to pay their staff for a couple of months. That's just wrong, and the money these clubs are poncing needs to be clawed back.
So it seems that the ever so nice Delia Smith and her good old hubby who have kept most of the Premier League £millions In their back pockets aren’t very nice people after all.

It’ll be interesting to see what we do. I’m not sure how clubs like United who’ve not got mega rich owners and are not long established in the Premier will come out of this because they’re still be paying all the players wages. They’ll also not be getting any income in from gates, advertising, sponsors or the likes of Sky and BT so I’ve no idea where they’re even going to get the money to keep on paying players for doing nothing, Let alone contributing to the the EFL bailout. I’d love us to be able to do the right thing for the club’s support staff though, it’d ready show greedy swine clubs like Liverpool and Spurs up for what they really are.

explain furlough please
Basically an unpaid break from work Twirls.i.e as we've seen on this thread a way for some employers to take advantage of the government's 80% pay guarantee.

I am not sure but imagine it will count as unbroken service for employees thus maintaining their employment rights.

As has been stated by the PFA, I think, wouldn't a wage deferral be the better way forward, that way the Tax from these wages would still be payable ?

Not an inconsiderable sum I might add.

Personally, highlighting the amount of tax players pay when the kitman and the tea lady have just been sent home misses the point. With little income even the biggest and wealthiest clubs can only go on so long without running out of cash. Over their heads is the £750m penalty if they don’t finish the season for Sky.

I’m pretty sure we don’t want have every rich person made to pitch in, it’s PFA’s attitude that players wages have to be maintained regardless of what is a very serious financial crisis, and that the little guy take a the biggest hit. The story of the goose that laid the golden egg should be compulsory reading...

Personally, highlighting the amount of tax players pay when the kitman and the tea lady have just been sent home misses the point. With little income even the biggest and wealthiest clubs can only go on so long without running out of cash. Over their heads is the £750m penalty if they don’t finish the season for Sky.

I’m pretty sure we don’t want have every rich person made to pitch in, it’s PFA’s attitude that players wages have to be maintained regardless of what is a very serious financial crisis, and that the little guy take a the biggest hit. The story of the goose that laid the golden egg should be compulsory reading...
Surely that's tory way for the lickle folk to tek the biggest hit aint it.:yes:UTMPB

Surely that's tory way for the lickle folk to tek the biggest hit aint it.:yes:UTMPB

This isn't to do with the Tories. This is about the PFA and footballers grabbing their ears and pulling their heads out of their arse. If 5 or 10 or 20 clubs go bust because they're still paying huge wages, these guys wont be paying £200m of tax anyway. Clubs have to be trading when the season re-starts. Burnley have said they're out of cash in August and done. They won't be the only ones.