Views From The Guiseley AFC Forum | Vital Football

Views From The Guiseley AFC Forum

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"Really disappointed by tonight. A home replay with a winnable home 1st round draw and then you see the team sheet. Williams - I thought he'd left the club. And when we do make changes, it's after 85 mins again. Connor Brown responsible for the first goal trying to play football when a hoof was needed and then an absolutely needeless red. I'd rather have Tully. Some good performances tonight - Boyes, Clee, Jake and Rob, Hatfield and Purver. But if we don't pick up 4 pts in the next 2 then I think we'll look by and think why didn't we just play our strongest team."

"my thoughts entirely, Mr P - felt a bit short-changed especially because the very late substitutions suggested we weren't that desperate to get back in the match. The kindest phrase I can think of to describe Connor Brown's performance is 'comprehensively unsatisfactory'. After that performance I was wondering if the club can appeal to have his suspension increased. Let's hope the rotation pays off"

I thought Williams, left back i thimk, handled Anderson better than the LB on Saturday. Their team was also better than the weekend. Unfortunately for them, we also upped our game!

The red card decided the game though. It was categorically wrong - the referee made a howler, Brown never raised his arms and the ref will be very disappointed with himself when he watches it back.

and

I'm still angry about that red card. It was an absolute howler from a referee who seemed determined not to give us an inch.

I usually say what I see, regardless of shirt colour.
From where I was stood, it looked like a no quarter given out-and-out assault, elbow raised and ridiculous. I don't think the ref had and choice in the matter! Granted the home fans were nearer the incident than us, but I had a decent view of it and can't see any argument.

"I'm still angry about that red card. It was an absolute howler from a referee who seemed determined not to give us an inch. Admittedly for the majority of both games we were second best but at that point we were pressing well, holding possession and for the first time in the tie asking serious questions of the Lincoln defence. How on earth the linesman doesn't see that Browns arms are by his side I cannot fathom.

We up in the press box did not think it was a challenge worthy of even a booking initially but we had started to doubt ourselves toward the end of the game. Maybe he had raised his arm, maybe there was something else we hadn't seen? We are in a privileged position to see the replay though, and our initial assessment was absolutely correct. and Brown jumps, turns almost away from Habergham and makes more contact with his bum than anything else. The two players are bundled to the floor and Habergham immediately holds his face. At no point were Brown's arms up. I read a tweet late last night claiming that Habergham was 'one of the most honest players you'll find'. If that is true, I hope he can't look himself in the eye this morning because he just got a fellow professional sent off for no reason."

So if he was in the press box then why did BBC Radio lincs gave a different view and definatley said it was a bod tackle straight away from the same viewing point?

Rob Makepeace reacted immediately to the challenge - from the press box. He was convinced there had been an elbow straightaway - that is persuasive if nothing else.

Guiseley have the option to appeal it if there is video evidence. Will be interesting to see if they do...

I've just had peek at the Guiseley Forum .It seems we were there for taking last night and a howler by the Ref was the sole reason The Lions did not see us off ?

oldgaurd - 19/10/2016 15:07

I've just had peek at the Guiseley Forum .It seems we were there for taking last night and a howler by the Ref was the sole reason The Lions did not see us off ?

Are you sure you weren't on the Woking forum by mistake? :pointy:

NottyImp - 19/10/2016 15:19

oldgaurd - 19/10/2016 15:07

Are you sure you weren't on the Woking forum by mistake? :pointy:

This lot have moved it to a new level . :clown:

Rob the Imp - 19/10/2016 18:42

hulloutpost - 19/10/2016 00:25

Scotimp - 18/10/2016 23:20

And from the Altrincham forum: "Bugger."

I do hope it was said in the style of the old boy character off The Fast show.

Unlucky Alf :doh:

Am on me waay t watch t Lions tneet in t FA Cup reeplaay . Am reet lookin ferwud t match .T lions are bound t thrash em and git t Wembley ...................................................'Oh Bugger' :eek:uch: