View From The Opposition | Vital Football

View From The Opposition

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Taken from their forum:

How to throw a game away in 6 minutes, horror show defensively.
No to be fair we could have been out of game at half time, I was supprised that we played very little football and just went route one, we won very little in the air against their big CDs and no width and midfield were fighting a lost cause with long ball game.
It did look like we'd done a smash and grab but to be honest it would have been 3 points we didnt deserve and maybe hide the problems we still have.

if not for a great save from O'Donnell, a missed header about 4 yards out and a block from NKP they could have easily been 2 or 3 up at half time.

I'm not sure what difference Wright would have made as he was poor. In the first half in particular Blackpool were attacking us at will, so he clearly wasn't as influential as you think he was.

Once the second goal went in it had that feeling of inevitability that we would concede another. It was nothing more than Blackpool deserved, in truth we looked no different to the rubbish under Collins, a decent 5 to 10 minute spell cannot disguise the fact this is a really poor side. Defensively awful and little creativity for what would be a decent strike partnership in Doyle and Ball. Give us a bit of class in midfield like Blackpool had with Jake Spearing and we might have a chance of at least finishing somewhere around mid table. As it stands this squad is relegation material.

Bitter twat post:
I think that is something we need to learn. Composure. All over the pitch we looked hurried and panicky. Launched it at every chance we got and just gave ball back. Blackpool were a poor side in my opinion and were there for taking

And yet today for most of the game Blackpool looked a level above us in passing and movement. I agree they didn’t look a particularly good team but they were very good value for their win. Our two goals disguises just how poor we are. Anyone know of any decent out of contract midfielders?

We were given a good kicking today, could have easily finished 7 or 8-3.

One of the biggest letdowns for me so far is Mellor. I thought he was a good signing but he has been terrible so far and was again today.

Agree with most of this SEX except the obvious "Blackpool were a poor side..."

Looks like they are not very happy with Mellor and 7 or 8 -3 would have been a fair result!!

Speaking to a few in the club - they think he is poop.

Thought we played well without scoring. Putting thst playoff semi to bed over the last couple of games v them