View From Doncaster | Vital Football

View From Doncaster

Thanks Roy.
Nothing unexpected there - mostly very realistic - and as many pointed out - it was only a pre-season friendly.

This friendly certainly counted for Mousset. Its one game and he is on his last life but if he gets his head down and fulfilles his potential then it will be like a new marque signing.

Having now seen the goals in the first half...there is less to get excited about. The third was pretty devastating front to back football, but the other two? We need to write a note to Donny Rovers to thank them for the gifts. Just what we always wanted...

Having now seen the goals in the first half...there is less to get excited about. The third was pretty devastating front to back football, but the other two? We need to write a note to Donny Rovers to thank them for the gifts. Just what we always wanted...

I agree re the goals but what this squad needs more than anything is confidence. There will be much harder and sterner tests but in a position where Slav is still getting to know players i will take that all day long.

Nice to see Burke score but he reverted to type when he skied over the bar from centre of goal with only the keeper to beat in the 2nd half.That's more concerning for me.

I agree friendlies never count when you lose them. But are very improtant when you win.
Conversely Chips, I think you learn a lot more from a loss than a win. Hopefully Norwich will tell us a lot more than last night did. The only things we learned from last night (that we didn’t already know) was that the Moose appeared interested - and that the SUFC-TV commentating and comment-making was less than rivetting.

It seems like Donny gave Newcastle a good game last time out only losing by the odd goal of 5 so maybe the fact that they never had a sniff against us is to our credit rather than their ineptitude? That said, the Pork could be in for a decent season if that's the average L1 standard.

Whata bout the 4/5 we mised?

As ever, in every game, we missed some. Chances don't count, goals do.
TT, I was having a bit of a light=hearted dig at FKB mate. He should have seen the
other chances we missed was my point to him. I do know how the result is calculated by counting the allowed goals. And yet..

Whata bout the 4/5 we mised?

Well, as I said, I only saw the second half, but we seemed to be able to get forward down left and right flanks pretty much as we wanted, but then its only Donny in a friendly isn't it? You might hope that having more chances, against inferior opposition, they might have thought about putting the ball in the net rather that missing the target. For that reason, I dont include chances.

Well, as I said, I only saw the second half, but we seemed to be able to get forward down left and right flanks pretty much as we wanted, but then its only Donny in a friendly isn't it? You might hope that having more chances, against inferior opposition, they might have thought about putting the ball in the net rather that missing the target. For that reason, I dont include chances.

Like you I am scarred and concerned.
All said I will move forward with wide eyes and open arms.
As will you!

Only winding you up FKB.....sorry lad.