***Video banner ads DESTROYING this site*** | Vital Football

***Video banner ads DESTROYING this site***

xvausch

Vital Football Hero
Whomever at Vital Football that is responsible for allowing these new & ATTROCIOUS video banner ads, that source outside video & repoint every few second, at the top of the page, should REALLY get rid of them.

The ads are utterly destroying the ability to view the pages, causing the page to reset on the ad over & again.

Adblocking is not a rational solution to this for those who use multiple computers/devices at various times.

PLEASE request that Vital Football remove these offensively memory hogging and page destroying ads.

Thank you.

While i agree that a number of the ads are very bothersome and alternatives could have been sought, this really should have gone in off topic mate.

zzz - 6/11/2015 15:56

While i agree that a number of the ads are very bothersome and alternatives could have been sought, this really should have gone in off topic mate.

I agree, if I thought someone might pay attention to it in the next 4 months.

Moved.

xv, the mods have complained about this for years, sadly we can't do feck all about it. This is the Fear's territory. The adverts will make him money, they won't be going anywhere.

I don't at all care that there ARE ads, but the TYPE of ads very recently appearing at the top of the site are a new kind of animal, and one that literally impairs the ability to actually view the forums.

As the imbedded video in the banner plays, it refocuses the page on the ad at the top. So if you scroll down, bloop! back to the top, scroll down and bloop! back to the top, over and over and over and over.....

I've left the site many times over the past weeks because there's literally no point, as you cannot, no mater how much you try, read the content of the forums.

God forbid you try and compose a post.

It's really bad site administration allowing this type of banner to run.

Guess I'll just have to resort to using an iPhone, being the flash content cant run anyway.

xvausch - 10/11/2015 08:46

I don't at all care that there ARE ads, but the TYPE of ads very recently appearing at the top of the site are a new kind of animal, and one that literally impairs the ability to actually view the forums.

As the imbedded video in the banner plays, it refocuses the page on the ad at the top. So if you scroll down, bloop! back to the top, scroll down and bloop! back to the top, over and over and over and over.....

I've left the site many times over the past weeks because there's literally no point, as you cannot, no mater how much you try, read the content of the forums.

God forbid you try and compose a post.

It's really bad site administration allowing this type of banner to run.

Guess I'll just have to resort to using an iPhone, being the flash content cant run anyway.

I've not been around a lot lately, but can't say I've encountered the problem at all, mind you I run adblocker - maybe that's the solution?

Whilst on my PC the adblocker removes the problem for me but I guess that's not always an option for everyone.

As far as I'm aware, if you're on a mobile(android away) you can't get an adblocker unless you have rooted your phone. So I have come across the type of problem xvausch is referring to. It is incredibly annoying but for me it only happens from time to time and even then, I reload the page and it goes away

Pain in the butt. Can't we have a forum without the annoying adverts, its as bad as American TV and worse.

I run an ad locket on my laptop but the ads are a damn plague on my iPad. That Ford one is awful and has already made me swear blind to never buy another ford car ever!