Vickers v Smith | Vital Football

Vickers v Smith

Absolutely no slight on Vickers at all but I have to say Grant Smith look very accomplished in everything he did last night! As I’ve said before DC has had another good transfer window in my humble opinion!

You need two quality goalkeepers and we seem to have this with Vickers and Smith. I would expect Vickers to have the start against Northampton but he will have to keep on his game to keep the shirt which can only be a good thing for the club

Smith certainly looks like he can start an attack with his decent long passes and I like to see a keeper bowl the ball out some of the time too. Apart from a nervy start against Norwich, he looked pretty assured against Wednesday. Going to be very good competition.

Only seen the highlights of the Wednesday game so no great in-depth view. The only thing i noticed was I thought Vickers was a little out of position for the Wednesday goal (a bit too near his near post) so couldn't get across to the cross-shot). Maybe being harsh on him and as I say, that's all I've got to go on so far.

I'm relatively unfussed as we have got 2 very decent keepers and quite happy with either. This is one case where competition for the starting place is extremely healthy and will only benefit us.