Very limited seats left for Brighton game at BDBL | Page 3 | Vital Football

Very limited seats left for Brighton game at BDBL

I think is was a great idea to move the predictions....I hate people trying to guess our score/result.

I dint have you down as being a hater of people,pigs yes but not people. :confused:
Don't hate the people (we are all Blades) just the predictions. I'm too superstitious for my own good and they always remind me of the young kids, asked for the score, seem to always plump for 5-0.

Last edited:
Tickets for the cup game at reading have now sold out I’ve got to be honest with it being midweek I didn’t think we would, I suppose it makes a difference if you think we stand a chance of winning it didn’t to me when I used to go tho

The main problem with upgrading the ground is that, even though it's obvious that the Kop is the most in need, we would realistically have to add the second tier to the South Stand first. That change could be done without closing the stand, whereas the Kop needs knocking down and completely re-doing, due to the poor (and cheap) foundation work done back in the 90s. That's at least one season, probably more, with almost 11k less capacity, which would mean a whole bunch of current season ticket holders not being able to go to home matches for a while. If we did the South Stand first, then we could probably cope with existing season ticket holders while the Kop is rebuilt. The only other option would be to ground share somewhere else for a year or more.

Indeed, it's more accurate to call Bramall Lane the site of the oldest professional football stadium in the world. The oldest stand is the Lane end (1966) but even that has had substantial work done to it since it opened, making the oldest complete stand the South Stand (1975.)

As a (probably unrealistic) hypothetical question, how would people feel if we built a brand new stadium that was still at Bramall Lane, like Spurs did with White Hart Lane, i.e. knock the whole lot down and replace it with something state of the art and with a big capacity?

Exactly what we should do, if anything at all.
But it will be strange when our fans in 2067 still call it the New Bramall Lane

Tickets for the cup game at reading have now sold out I’ve got to be honest with it being midweek I didn’t think we would, I suppose it makes a difference if you think we stand a chance of winning it didn’t to me when I used to go tho

We have only got the first allocation of 1400 and odd out of a potential 4,500 that the pigs would have took though

We have only got the first allocation of 1400 and odd out of a potential 4,500 that the pigs would have took though

Away attendances is the very last thing they have a chance to shout about in comparison to us. They do try to inflate the numbers a bit to make them look like the better supported club, but thats just oinkers isn't it.

Tbf, in the situation they are in and their current form, you have to respect they do go in big numbers to stand in silence and watch them lose, or fight between themselves over which is their worst goalkeeper.

Away attendances is the very last thing they have a chance to shout about in comparison to us. They do try to inflate the numbers a bit to make them look like the better supported club, but thats just oinkers isn't it.

Tbf, in the situation they are in and their current form, you have to respect they do go in big numbers to stand in silence and watch them lose, or fight between themselves over which is their worst goalkeeper.

I don't respect anything about them.