Verrips | Vital Football

Verrips

Bounce Killer

Vital Youth Team
Verrips Has to start next game. Ramsdale is barely better than George Long or Simmonsen. Simon Moore is a better keeper than Ramsdale, and we didn’t even consider Moore good enough to make the Prem squad.

£18m for Ramsdale .. f’ck my life!

Verrips Has to start next game. Ramsdale is barely better than George Long or Simmonsen. Simon Moore is a better keeper than Ramsdale, and we didn’t even consider Moore good enough to make the Prem squad.

£18m for Ramsdale .. f’ck my life![/QUO
What a loadda bollox . S6 thattaway >>>>>

The whole Verrips situation is odd. Is he a CW signing or did some of the Prince's people in Belgium want to take advantage of his contract issues to turn a quick few bob ? In the end we paid compo to Mechelen for him.

Ramsdale's struggling right now, and his game has to improve, he needs a run in a winning Championship team, which hopefully he will be doing next season.

Me and a few others on here touted Neil Etheridge as a back up keeper. He'd have provided better competition than Foderingham. CW's going to stick with picking Rammers, too much money invested not to.

Who's to blame for this then! Sold for £1mill bought back for £18mill, Somebody's job should be on the line for this!!

Who's to blame for this then! Sold for £1mill bought back for £18mill, Somebody's job should be on the line for this!!

CW has said the Ramsdale and DCL transfers funded the League One title winning team - which was the springboard to where we are now. Needs must, we put ourselves in a vulnerable position being in the third division so long.

18 milllion for the kid in the summer, that's on Wilder and the board.

He was sold when we were potless and needed the cash... That is excusable.. but to then splash 18m on a keeper with major flaws at this level obvious last season... that is inexcusable.

Twice player of the year in 4 seasons, regular in all England age groups upto U23's. Yeah terrible. Gordon Banks would struggle behind our current defence.

he was “fans player of the year” at Bournemouth not the Players player of the year. It’s easy for fans when seeing a dog shit side slip to relegation to give it to the player who comes to the fans and applauds them every game. its an up,yours to the outfield players who haven’t performed.

So you know all about Verrips then? Tell me, why you have so much confidence in him? I don’t know anything about him really. He could be ok or he could be as bad as that Wild fella at the Sty. How do you think Henderson played? I don’t think he was any better than Ramsdale.

Last edited:
he was “fans player of the year” at Bournemouth not the Players player of the year. It’s easy for fans when seeing a dog shit side slip to relegation to give it to the player who comes to the fans and applauds them every game. its an up,yours to the outfield players who haven’t performed.
But you’re a ‘fan’ and you’re seeing a dog shit side slipping to relegation so how does that work then?

So Ramsdale is left to deal with Rashford and Martial on his own and some people who frankly know less about defending and football than the dog sh it the kid has in front of him look to pin it on him and in so doing add to the pressure and likelihood of contributing to affecting him more.
Shame on you. Last night he had to contend with TWO more changes to the never ending comedy carousel that is our defence this season. A 38 year old moving from LCB to RCB and a joker replacing him there.
If you couldn't see that their goals were absolutely ALL ON THE DEFENDERS you really shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised, but hey, blame the keeper for the pathetic sh it in front of him.
By the way. Who was that utter pile of crap in their goal. Funny how keepers struggle with shit defences in front of them. Whoever their keeper was last night bet he looked brilliant behind a great unchanging defence in front of him last season

Last edited:
So Ramsdale is left to deal with Rashford and Martial on his own and some people who frankly know less about defending and football than the dog sh it the kid has in front of him look to pin it on him and in so doing add to the pressure and likelihood of contributing to affecting him more.
Shame on you. Last night he had to contend with TWO more changes to the never ending comedy carousel that is our defence this season. A 38 year old moving from LCB to RCB and a joker replacing him there.
If you couldn't see that their goals were absolutely ALL ON THE DEFENDERS you really shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised, but hey, blame the keeper for the pathetic sh it in front of him.
S
By the way. Who was that utter pile of crap in their goal. Funny how keepers struggle with shit defences in front of them. Whoever their keeper was last night bet he looked brilliant behind a great unchanging defence in front of him last season

Spot on, have a "like" my friend, people on here are blind to the fact that Hendo' at the other end was totally responsible for Didzys first goal, like any goal keeper he will make mistakes especially with our defence leave the kid alone he is fine

Not that it's of any great concern to me but the keeper's at either end of the pitch last night are supposedly England's future. Gordon Banks must be spinning in his grave.

Going back to Ramsdale it's important to look beyond the sensational , the 'noise' around the ever changing defence and look at his technique, his 'keeping skills and attributes.

He's a decent shot stopper but h's not made one save for us that you wouldn't expect a competent keeper to make.He's getting more athletic with a better spring but he's a manufactured athletenot a natural.

Closer study of his technique is showing one glaring fault now. His hand /eye coordination is very poor.How many times does he catch a ball CLEANLY?

He doesn't when he's under any sort of pressure, when it's got a bit of pace, when it's not clear cut into his arms.

He flaps at crosses ,and, look closely, when he does his hands aren't in the right position so the ball pops out or drops to danger particularly when the balls above his head.

His positive - he throws himself about a lot and, often, gets a diverting block in- and I think that's where he's fooled so many, because he does well at that but, even then, his JUDGEMENT when coming of fhis line is poor and he's got away with a few howlers because the defence have got round abd covered him.

Yes, he's a decent lad, a whole hearted trier, a shot stopper but, unless his basic technique improves rapidly, he's never going to be a top class keeper.

Absolutely spot on. The sooner people understand that our problems lie in defense and the poorest midfield in the Prem the better. Ramsdale will come good as will Brewster.

Absolutely spot on Beany! It’s the ever changing set of players in front of Ramsdale that has affected his game, not the other way around. Henderson played with the same 3 centre backs and two wing backs for almost a full season without change with Norwood playing in front of them. This season the back 3 has changed almost every game as has LWB and CDM.

I saw the kid get MOTM playing for England under 21’s a few months ago and I thought we’d got an outstanding prospect in our hands and whilst he has some issues he needs to focus on I’ll stick by my assessment. What we do need to do now is stick with what we’ve got. Unless we can get somebody of quality in or get injured players back I’d play these 6 every game.

Bash Egan Robinson
Baldock Stevens
Ampadu

Last edited:
Absolutely spot on Beany! It’s the ever changing set of players in front of Ramsdale that has affected his game, not the other way around. Henderson played with the same 3 centre backs and two wing back for almost a full season without change with Norwood playing in front of them. This season the back 3 has changed almost every game as has LWB and CDM.

I saw the kid get MOTM playing for England under 21’s a few months ago and I thought we’d got an outstanding prospect in our hands and whilst he has some issues he needs to focus on I’ll stick by my assessment. What we do need to do now is still with what we’ve got unless we can get somebody in ot get injured players back I’d play these every game.

Bash Egan Robinson
Baldock Stevens
Ampadu

I would like to see us go 4-3-1-2. The back 4 of Baldock, Bash, Egan and Stevens. Tried and tested. Berge, Fleck and Lunny (not my favourite but his energy is better than Ampadu). Burke just in front and Brewster and Moose up top.

I also wonder if McGoldrick could play in the midfield 3 rather than Lunny ?. He has qualities we need but i think we need pace upfront more.

Last edited:
Not that it's of any great concern to me but the keeper's at either end of the pitch last night are supposedly England's future. Gordon Banks must be spinning in his grave.

Going back to Ramsdale it's important to look beyond the sensational , the 'noise' around the ever changing defence and look at his technique, his 'keeping skills and attributes.

He's a decent shot stopper but h's not made one save for us that you wouldn't expect a competent keeper to make.He's getting more athletic with a better spring but he's a manufactured athletenot a natural.

Closer study of his technique is showing one glaring fault now. His hand /eye coordination is very poor.How many times does he catch a ball CLEANLY?

He doesn't when he's under any sort of pressure, when it's got a bit of pace, when it's not clear cut into his arms.

He flaps at crosses ,and, look closely, when he does his hands aren't in the right position so the ball pops out or drops to danger particularly when the balls above his head.

His positive - he throws himself about a lot and, often, gets a diverting block in- and I think that's where he's fooled so many, because he does well at that but, even then, his JUDGEMENT when coming of fhis line is poor and he's got away with a few howlers because the defence have got round abd covered him.

Yes, he's a decent lad, a whole hearted trier, a shot stopper but, unless his basic technique improves rapidly, he's never going to be a top class keeper.

Sorry mate but the ever changing defence is far and away the biggest negative surrounding Ramsdale.
Watching them stumble pointlessly around week in week out wearing different faces but performing equally laughably would cause Gordon Banks to doubt his most basic abilities.