Vegan fascists, or rather, fascists at a vegan food fayre (n/g) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Vegan fascists, or rather, fascists at a vegan food fayre (n/g)

No, I wasn't using the IRA as an example to demonstrate how terrorism isn't linked to religion.

I was using it as an example of how terrorism can grow and gain support when a people face sustained oppression.

I have little sympathy for two communities that would willingly oppress each other.

I take it you have read the history of the Eire government and the likes of Develera.

The wash houses?

Your problem is you always beatify one side. I don't.

The Irish deserve each other and I wish we treated Eire no differently from any other country. 100 years on its time to stop living in the past.

The CTA has brought us nothing but trouble. From all participants except Malta. Before anyone yells that is nothing to do with sectarianism which I fundamentally abhor.

The IRA are a communist cell using religion as a cover.

I think you are over-simplfying things ... Israeli settlers/Zionists terrorize Palestinians on a daily basis; Buddhists in Myanmar have been terrorizing muslims (eg the Rohingyas) & forgetting religious sub-cultures / gangs etc, what about the innumerous cases of abuse / rape by fathers, friends of the family (of all nationalities & religions) celebrities, pop& rock stars, politicians, the rich & privileged in general - whose victims probably far outnumber those who have suffered at the hands of gangs in the UK..... & lest we forget, all the countless victims carried out by soldiers during wars and the like.
(Also, I don't know why you keep banging on about France ... as if it's the only country with any problems!)
I'm genuinely interested in what you describe as:
"Israeli settlers/Zionists terrorize Palestinians on a daily basis;"
You make it sound like "all" Settlers include a bit of Palestianian-bating as part of their daily routine....
...while "all" Palestinians experience "terror" daily.

It isn't always clear that the perpetrators of vandalism are "settlers" rather then a roving "rent-a-mob" of Israelis. (We know about those in the UK !)

According to a wikipedia article on "Israeli Settler Violence", in 2013, a number of incidents were recorded.
  • Sept. 20: 27 olive trees burned in Kafr Qaddum.
  • Sept. 21: 70 trees chopped down in Kafr Qaddum.
  • Oct. 2: Serious damage to several olive trees on land belonging to the Raba'i family.
  • Oct. 2: Serious damage to about 30 olive trees in the village of Jit.
To avoid being accused of "trivialising:
  • Oct. 13-14: Olive trees and grapevines vandalized in the village of Far'ata.
  • Oct. 20: Yitzhar settlers assaulted Palestinians and human rights volunteers as they harvested olives, leaving two farmers and two volunteers - a 71-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman - injured.
Without excusing the known examples of criminality committed by a small number of Israelis....
....one wonders whether this justifies rocket attacks, poorly targeted but aimed vaguely at Israeli homes.

You make it sound like "all" Settlers include a bit of Palestianian-bating as part of their daily routine....
.........................................................................................................................
................................................................................................
It isn't always clear that the perpetrators of vandalism are "settlers" rather then a roving "rent-a-mob" of Israelis. (We know about those in the UK !)

....one wonders whether this justifies rocket attacks, poorly targeted but aimed vaguely at Israeli homes.

The unjustified rocket attacks were fired in (I believe) a desperate response to the situation whereby authorities were considering,,once again, evicting dozens of Palestinians and giving their homes to Jewish settlers.
Israel has already razed tens of thousands of Palestinian homes.

Due to the close proximity of settlements to Palestinian homes, friction and violence between settlers and Palestinians is a near-daily reality.
(fyi):
In 2018 alone, 262 Palestinians were killed and nearly 25,000 injured by Israeli forces.
The main forms of violence by Israeli settlers include throwing stones at Palestinian homes and vehicles, physically assaulting Palestinians, uprooting or damaging olive trees, vandalising property, or setting fire to agricultural lands.
Over 2.5 million trees have been uprooted by Israeli forces since 1967.
The overwhelming majority of complaints filed against settler violence pass without any punishment of the perpetrators.

I've visited Palestine & Israel three times and seen many things & spoken with many people there....... have you ?!

A Palestinian girl cries as she walks past her family's house after it was demolished by Israeli bulldozers in Om Ajaj village, north of the occupied West Bank city of Jericho Source: [REUTERS/Abed Omar Qusini] 1623612671040.png

According to a wikipedia article on "Israeli Settler Violence", in 2013, a number of incidents were recorded.
  • Sept. 20: 27 olive trees burned in Kafr Qaddum.
  • Sept. 21: 70 trees chopped down in Kafr Qaddum.
  • Oct. 2: Serious damage to several olive trees on land belonging to the Raba'i family.
  • Oct. 2: Serious damage to about 30 olive trees in the village of Jit.
To avoid being accused of "trivialising:
  • Oct. 13-14: Olive trees and grapevines vandalized in the village of Far'ata.
  • Oct. 20: Yitzhar settlers assaulted Palestinians and human rights volunteers as they harvested olives, leaving two farmers and two volunteers - a 71-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman - injured.
Without excusing the known examples of criminality committed by a small number of Israelis....

strange you decry guardian readers not bothering to get their facts or definitions correct but then you do exactly that on the Palestine question. The issue of settlers is not the issue around 'all jews in israel being settlers'.
We are mainly talking about the 'new settlements' that the Israeli state keeps annexing from current Palestinian land by means of either just changing a law in Israel and then bulldozing down the area before building houses for israeli jews or forcing Palestinians off of their land and then claiming it is empty. One of the favourite methods is to build a wall that cuts off the current palestinian owners from the route to their schools or workplaces.

Most of the annexed land is in the areas that were under consideration for a two state solution.

This is a complex issue so jumping to the defence of just your chosen side without checking reality and just searching the net for something to back up your prejudices offers little to the debate.

The unjustified rocket attacks were fired in (I believe) a desperate response to the situation whereby authorities were considering,,once again, evicting dozens of Palestinians and giving their homes to Jewish settlers.
Israel has already razed tens of thousands of Palestinian homes.
Due to the close proximity of settlements to Palestinian homes, friction and violence between settlers and Palestinians is a near-daily reality.
(fyi):
In 2018 alone, 262 Palestinians were killed and nearly 25,000 injured by Israeli forces.
The main forms of violence by Israeli settlers include throwing stones at Palestinian homes and vehicles, physically assaulting Palestinians, uprooting or damaging olive trees, vandalising property, or setting fire to agricultural lands.
Over 2.5 million trees have been uprooted by Israeli forces since 1967.
The overwhelming majority of complaints filed against settler violence pass without any punishment of the perpetrators.

I've visited Palestine & Israel three times and seen many things & spoken with many people there....... have you ?!

I get it, mate. But seriously, don't let Tarian wind you up. That is his aim and objective.

The best method I've found to deal with him is to read but then quickly dismiss and ignore many of his posts. Only engage with him if you're in a light hearted mood and only do it on your own terms. Never get drawn into argument with him, doing so is a futile act of insanity.

That used to be a family house? It looks like a pile of wood and plastic sheeting?
And how do you think poor & oppressed people live ??

(from Feb, 2015)
Over 500 rabbis from Israel, Britain, the US and Canada have called on the Israeli prime minister to stop demolishing Palestinian homes. Rabbis for Human Rights (RHR) say Benjamin Netanyahu’s stance is against “international law and Jewish tradition.”

RHR’s open letter came after the Israeli PM announced the destruction of over 400 Palestinian homes in the Israel-controlled part of the West Bank, the territory known as Area C.

“Thousands have been forced to build without permits, and great human suffering is caused when hundreds of homes are demolished each year in Area C alone,” RHR stated in their letter, adding that Israeli planning and zoning laws “severely restrict the ability of Palestinians to build homes, even on the lands that the State recognizes as belonging to them.”

According to the rabbis, there has been “no representation or true ability for Palestinians to determine how to properly plan for their communities since local and district planning committees were abolished in 1971. The army plans for them.”

In late January, the United Nations accused Israel of illegally demolishing the homes of 77 Palestinians, including many children, in East Jerusalem and the districts of Ramallah, Jericho and Hebron.

“In the past three days, 77 Palestinians, over half of them children, have been made homeless,” the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said in a statement, adding that some of the demolished structures were provided by the international community to “support vulnerable families.”

I get it, mate. But seriously, don't let Tarian wind you up. That is his aim and objective.

The best method I've found to deal with him is to read but then quickly dismiss and ignore many of his posts. Only engage with him if you're in a light hearted mood and only do it on your own terms. Never get drawn into argument with him, doing so is a futile act of insanity.
Yes, you are quite right, of course.
'It's just so annoying sometimes to see such callous and prejudiced comments from the likes of Tarian, 3Sixes & VG

Yes, you are quite right, of course.
'It's just so annoying sometimes to see such callous and prejudiced comments from the likes of Tarian, 3Sixes & VG

I'd like to apologise if I've 'annoyed' you. It must be horrible.
Tell me something , what was the reason for your multiple trips to Israel and to the Palestinians that live there ?
Did you meet Wayne on one of these trips ?
Are you Wayne , but now with a new moniker?

Tell me something , what was the reason for your multiple trips to Israel and to the Palestinians that live there ?

Don't tell him, Gilles. He's not really sorry.

I've gone further. I suggest you do the same Gilles and press the "ignore" button. I resorted to this not because I disagree with him but for his notorious 'style' and what he thinks passes for logic and reasoning.

The Israelis have behaved abominably the issue would the Arabs behave any differently?

Personally I doubt it. Doesn't excuse the Israelis at all as nobody should behave like that. Especially when the government was installed by Britain and the US with no regard to the Arab population at all. Just remember it was British soldiers who evicted peaceful people from their homes in 1947. It was Begin who was hanging British soldiers from lampposts.

Those who are given great gifts should be humble about out it. Lets hope now Netanyahu has been kicked out someone will see the bigger picture.

I take no side on this one each is equally abhorrent and would inflict exactly the same on the other if they could.

The Israelis have behaved abominably the issue is would the Arabs behave any differently?
I think that you are probably right. As in all countries, regions etc there are good & bad people everywhere; and, extremists on both sides as well, who make the majority (which I feel are always the good) suffer.

Your "apology" is dripping with insincerity ... lol.
My main reason for my travels, in those parts, were transitory, inasmuch as I was either heading for, or returning from, Egypt.
I couldn't say if I ever met Wayne or not .... & I am not he, & I'm not going to get sucked in by another Monica ....
Talking of monikers, I've always thought of you as Benidorm Bill, but I now think of you as Bungalow Bill ......

:loser: