Vass & Robertson Gone | Vital Football

Vass & Robertson Gone

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Both off to Rotherham.

Rotherham United have signed Blackpool striker Kyle Vassell and defender Clark Robertson on three-year deals.
Vassell, 25, scored 11 goals in 29 league appearances for the Tangerines last season.
Former Scotland Under-21 international Robertson, 24, started his career at Aberdeen before spending the last three seasons at Bloomfield Road.

It willonly equate to a years worth of games with his sick record. :eek!:

On a serious note top scorer for us for 2 seasons is a huge loss.

I'll be keeping a close eye to see if his Christmasitus strikes over the next couple of years.

Robertson worked well with Tilt but was Cathcart -esque in a gaff a game for us. Think he will be easier to replace than Vass.

Frenchie gone means only Cullen and Clayton as recognised strikers

We could have got decent fees for them if we hadn't let contracts run down. 3 year deal for Vass with his injury record is a huge punt.

This is a smack in the face for the mugs who have been foolish enough to renew season tickets. If he has any sense, and I am sure he has, Bower will now be looking to move on to a legitimate football club.

Hopefully we won’t go back to all those players called ‘trialist’.

:unsure:

Sorry not been online guys - just lost all interest until old rapey finally leaves. Hope you are all doing well.

Bertie, hope you are at least enjoying the footy in Russia? Old Rapey will eventually be carried out on his way to Boot Hill even if he clings on to the club somehow.

As Pete says significant losses.
Interesting to see what GB can bring to the club now. Vass was one of his signings who had done nothing elsewhere.
I wouldn't mind the Burnleh lad on a season long loan. He looked strong fast and had a shot on him.

Given the limited game time the Burnley lad had last time I'd be surprised if he was keen.
Didn't we pay a fee for Vass?

Training facilities? Pitch? Surely not a dig at Pool's set up?

“There’s a good group of players here and you can’t complain about the facilities. I played here on the last game of the season and the pitch was in great nick.

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...reasons-for-rotherham-united-switch-1-9228423

My abiding memory of Robertson will be the cock ups especially his double clown act with Aldred and the bouncing ball in the last minute that cost us at Mansfield. I suspect his future career will demonstrate that playing with Tilt made him look better than he was. Mellor is the one whose departure would be the biggest blow.