VAR | Page 23 | Vital Football

VAR

Yet another bewildering VAR intervention in Brighton/Saints game...took an eternity to decide if the challenge was inside the area...not at all clear and obvious that it was...yet pen given regardless! The game is now being run by those sat in a room in Stockley Park....a complete and utter shambles.

Just get rid of the officials and let them in Shockley (Auto correct but apt.) Park officiate every game, just play a whistle sound over the sound system, job done.

I doubt that will help the Thick Refs people that operate VAR in England

Premier League VAR to use 'thicker lines' for offside calls next season
"The International Football Association Board [IFAB] - football's lawmakers - does not specify a maximum thickness of lines, under the laws of the game; PGMOL hopes the change will give the benefit back to the attacking team"

https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-thicker-lines-for-offside-calls-next-season

"The International Football Association Board [IFAB] - football's lawmakers - does not specify a maximum thickness of lines, under the laws of the game; PGMOL hopes the change will give the benefit back to the attacking team"

https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-thicker-lines-for-offside-calls-next-season
So can they retrospectively reinstate at least 3 goals for Ollie to shut up the moaning Leeds fans who reckon that Bamford (cheating bastard) has been harsely treated by Pinnochio

So can they retrospectively reinstate at least 3 goals for Ollie to shut up the moaning Leeds fans who reckon that Bamford (cheating bastard) has been harsely treated by Pinnochio
To be honest, Bamford has had a few calked off as well, so have most strikers.
Wider lines won't make it any less contentious, a whole half a pitch as the line didn't. there is always a front edge to a line is there not?

Why don't they make it if a decision can't be made after 30 seconds of viewing the video then it stays with whatever was given on the pitch.
Because that would make it even more controversial with the Kevin Friends of this world rushing to make decisions

To be honest, Bamford has had a few calked off as well, so have most strikers.
Wider lines won't make it any less contentious, a whole half a pitch as the line didn't. there is always a front edge to a line is there not?

Glad its not just me who thinks that is obvious. If you are drawing a line to measure offside you will still get hairline decisions and controversy no matter how thick/thin the line is, or which part of the body you measure it from.
The only idea I can think of would be to say the VAR official has 30 or 60 seconds without using any lines to make his decision - if it isnt a clear mistake, they go with the on field decision. Clear & obvious was what is was brought in for anyway

Why not make the lines on the pitch a foot wide , when the whole of the ball is over the whole of the line its out . Oh hang on .
Just shows how thick these people are. Make the posts thicker as well so the get hit more

Even when they know they have made a mistake they all defend each other after yet another incorrect and controversial decision simply by lying and treating football fans like morons.

It's no wonder they no longer have respect or get big European games due to their incompetence and while it continues to be overseen by Managing Director Mike Riley it will never get any better.

The whole VAR set-up is a shambles and should be scrapped as it has already completely spoiled the good old fashioned surge of ecstasy you used to get with a Villa goal and now all we have left is a nervous look to see if VAR is going to intervene by some ridiculous margin like a shirt sleeve that is marginally in front of those stupid lines they draw across the screen and most of the time they aren't even drawn straight by yet another power-mad fool feeling detached from whats actually happing locked up in a room at Stockley Park.

Sorry, rant over.

Last edited:
‘Regarding thicker lines for offside decisions we at PGMOL are insisting that in line with penalty decisions decided by VAR involving games with Man Utd, it’s only fair that they also have preferential treatment in relation to ‘line thickness’. So in attacking situations whereas all other clubs now have a 3mm line, Man Utd will have at least 25mm with the flexibility to increase it even more in games where they’re playing poorly….’

Mike Riley (Head of PGMOL) (and completely useless)

The thicker lines are used in Holland i believe and they are pleased with how its working. If the lines touch at all its onside. It stops the nonesense of being offside by a toenail etc etc. It has to be better than what we have been putting up with?

I'm not sure VAR could be thicker?