VAR | Page 29 | Vital Football

VAR

I guess there's another apology on the way from the PL refs to say Mareno's goal should have stood, NSS....and can one of 21 stockley Park VAR assistants come out explain how a blade of grass gave Arsenal a pen but a stampeding Bull knocking down Ollie was legal???

Maybe we just need a rule change with offside, at one point the lino had to see daylight between the attacker and the defender, were should go back to that, we won't need slide rule lines to see if one player has a bigger arse than the next!! You can now longer say ' he was clearly offside'

Of course without VAR the goal wouldn’t have been given anyway because the linesman flagged. And that’s the other side of the problem, how on earth could he have seen that it was offside if it was so minute a fraction? Surely offside can be programmed into the VAR computer to draw an immediate line and then make a decision without any input from the human “brain”. The feedback to the crowd would be instant.
Penalties are more of a problem and VAR plus studio referee analysis has been a complete failure and worse than leaving it the ref to make his own mistakes or otherwise.
The comical element is that VAR was expected to take all controversy out of the game but in reality it’s just added to it!

The still for the Moreno offside, shows the ball squashed on Ollies head, not at the point of release, all the time Moreno was making ground, the freeze frame was 3 or 4 frames too early, this could have made all the difference .

Pretty soon Var is going to mess up big time and cost someone a Trophy or relegation.....
Came in for us today. This is how it should be used. Can only remember them getting involved in that decision as well. They probably had more to do, but they were invisible for the rest of the time.

Watching a very good Luton blog this morning, it was commicle how the home fans cheered and Jeered Watkins 2nd goal initially offside, only for the doubt of VAR to sink in then the complete disbelief and silence from the home end supporters, "" They given it" that my friends, was priceless let alone the winner! Fackin Waakers, but it was offside!!.....love it. We've had it smacked in our faces so many times it was so nice to get one of those decisions, had it not been for Var, that goal would have been ruled out.

Watching a very good Luton blog this morning, it was commicle how the home fans cheered and Jeered Watkins 2nd goal initially offside, only for the doubt of VAR to sink in then the complete disbelief and silence from the home end supporters, "" They given it" that my friends, was priceless let alone the winner! Fackin Waakers, but it was offside!!.....love it. We've had it smacked in our faces so many times it was so nice to get one of those decisions, had it not been for Var, that goal would have been ruled out.
I'm not sure it would have been ruled out. I think the lino only stuck his flag up to cover his arse. Anything close now and they perform a dereliction of duty and let VAR do it for them.

VAR completely ignored the blatant pull on Lenglet yesterday just before the clown in the middle gave Luton the free kick for the 1st goal. Guess Stevie Wonder was at Stockley Park yesterday