VAR | Vital Football

VAR

Big Chiv

Vital Football Legend
So our 1st goal tonight would have been ruled out if VAR had been in play. ?

Watching the Liverpool/WBA cup game the other day it nearly forced me to turn it off it was so stop start, and how can you celebrate a goal if you know you have to wait for it to be checked out first ?

Read this, it's good

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/kick-these-video-refs-out-of-football/20956#.WnJD6ahl_IU

I believe VAR is the best addition ever introduced to football.
Football is now big business and involves millions of pounds and thousands of football family lives and as such should be controlled to the nth degree.
Every goal scored should be reviewed extensively
Every Offside and penalty decision should be reviewed and if the referee/linesman is proved wrong they should get some sort of demerit point penalty.
After the game a panel of football experts should review all decisions and if they proved wrong the points gained by that team for that game should be deducted.
Come on lets get behind the authorities and ensure football is kept free from controversy

love your post gotot....irony abounds...well written...

I would add....
I don't mind progress but all the years I have loved footie, both playing and watching, its the controversy that makes it great...what if's, should have beens, refs can't ref, we woz robbed..... sanitisation will eventually ruin our beloved game...will become a contactless 'walk in the park' mark my words...

Retro decisions take all the fun out of the game...if there is a dubious decision now in a game, the crowd get motivated and scream out...but with VAR they will sit back in their seats, eat their prawn sandwiches and say ...YAR I wonder what the VAR will say....

any die hard old style fans will have to shout out...VAR YOU DON't KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOIN!

I guess it will come in as you say because moucho £dosh is at stake.

Now all the pundits will have to argue with a compute/tv replayr over a decision or even be redundant...now for many of them that would be the only positive ...no more Merse or Charlie for instance....

:1: :1: :1:

I think we should go back to the days when we only had one camera showing the game. . It was placed high up on the halfway line .
This allowed the LINESMAN , not a stupid assistant referee ! , to do his job and the ref to evaluate the evidence , do his job , and referee the game.
Give the ref back his skill set , enforce in the players brains that the refs decision is final and get back to a good , honest game of football.
Get rid of know nothing pundits , haven't seen Michael Owen for a while . Won't be missed by me , especially after he commented on , when John Terry kicked a prone Harry Kane in the small of his back that he didn't see it as nasty because there were no studs involved ! But I digress.
Get back to just watching and enjoying football and creating discussion on sites like this and in the papers.
I think VAR ridiculous , I think I said as much earlier on my own post .
I also think that I'm swimming against the tide . As Greavesie said , rhere is too much money at stake and I think players are under too much pressure and are inclined to fall over too easy

Big Chiv - 31/1/2018 22:30

So our 1st goal tonight would have been ruled out if VAR had been in play. ?

Watching the Liverpool/WBA cup game the other day it nearly forced me to turn it off it was so stop start, and how can you celebrate a goal if you know you have to wait for it to be checked out first ?

Read this, it's good

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/kick-these-video-refs-out-of-football/20956#.WnJD6ahl_IU

Back to your initial comment Chiv , regarding our first goal. The inference was that Harry Kane was in the opponent half 'before the ball was kicked'
Now , with the new laws allowing one player to take the kick- off , which by the laws of nature and common sense , the ball is played back to one of his own players behind him, and which has happened in 99.99% of kick offs , can anyone explain to me how that happens without the " kicker offer" being in his opponents half . It just isn't possible to make that pass and stay on your own side of the white line .
Or am I being too pedantic about the whole thing. If they are going to make new laws , they have to make them work in all aspects of the game.
If Harry was breaking a law , then every kick off that is passed back is breaking the law.

I'll get off me soap box now

Is there going to be a tendency now for teams to play on and ignore the whistle or flag ( yeah ,I know the "play to the whistle ", that's been drummed into everyone that's ever played) just in case the decision gets overturned .
Will refs ignore the linesmans flag , in case he is wrong by millimetres , to avoid controversary.
Will linesmen become less confident in their decision making
Will the referee and Lino,s trust in each other become affected.

I know I'm playing Devils Advocate here but I just don't like this VAR nonsense

It works in rugby and American football because they stop the time.

I like football because of the controversy. Especially when Liverpool are the ones amping out over it.

Ha ha, VAR is supposed to be used for clear and obvious errors, so Manure get a good goal ruled out after a few minutes break to look at a supposed offside that wasn't ?
This is beyond pathetic.

What a sick joke the whole thing is, I'll give up on live football and just watch highlights when this is introduced.

Just don't know how this is all supposed to make sense. Please please please leave it to the officials on the the pitch . Stop all the bow locks that are making the game a laughing stock . This is beyond pathetic. If this had happened to us we would have been apoplectic , it's only because it happened to manure that it becomes funny

Big Chiv - 21/2/2018 21:51

Walthamstow wanderer - 21/2/2018 13:15

Ai now see the PL are having a secret VAR trial which nobody will see this weekend. YOU COULDNT MAKE IT UP

Eh ?

I alway knew you were a Canadian at heart Chiv!

An interjection popular in Canadian speech. According to linguists, a "politeness marker."

Premier League are running "secret trials" of the VAR that never get used publicly . They play with it amongst themselves . It recently confused John Moss in our game with the bin dippers when he mistakenly asked , when he was too close to the cameraman , if the TVs had any info . He got a bollocking for that . I think he was discussing the Lamella penalty incident

Walthamstow wanderer - 22/2/2018 15:48

Premier League are running "secret trials" of the VAR that never get used publicly . They play with it amongst themselves . It recently confused John Moss in our game with the bin dippers when he mistakenly asked , when he was too close to the cameraman , if the TVs had any info . He got a bollocking for that . I think he was discussing the Lamella penalty incident

How can they run secret trials ?

Every single PL game is covered live by multiple cameras, so the second a bewildered ref holds his hand to his ear and stares into space for 5 minutes will give the game away.

If he then comes up with the wrong decision then there is no doubt VAR is on the go :15:

They are apparently not allowed to have a conversation with the ref or alter anything he does . It's a "dry run " .
'Kin bizarre ennit
This was all disclosed on the BBC sports website on Tuesday but it's been taken down now

PANICKING ref chiefs are planning emergency testing of new VAR equipment after a series of cock-ups.
SunSport can reveal new software is to be trialled in Saturday’s game between Brighton and Swansea.

This is from Thursdays sun newspaper