VAR upsets Liverpool | Vital Football

VAR upsets Liverpool

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
In the Scouse derby Liverpool had a Henderson goal disallowed near the end of the game against 10 man Everton.It was very very marginal and i felt sorry for the Red half of Scouseland.UTMPB

One hell of a game that Rod, I think Everton were dead jammy, but how good has DCL out to be? He’s reminding me a bit of a young Deano.

I was feeling a bit sorry for myself t’other day and moaning about all things football but to be honest, if you take United‘s poor start out of the equation as well as the crap international football, no fans and bloody VAR, the Premier League has never been more entertaining than it is of late. 😉

Pickford should have had a straight red for taking van Dijk out and no way should offside have been given for Hendersons goal. VAR yet again the talking point, not the match. RIP Football.
Phrases you never hear!
"VAR got it wrong" BT's resident ref on the Pickford red card farce.
BTW he's a very poor keeper.

football is absolute shit these days. its now dead. thank god we have grass roots and elite school boys football.
Is it hell dead,see 2moz if we win it'll be:guiness::cheers::toot::party:.Tha does like to be dramatic dunt tha Twirlio.:yes: No wonder Christopher dunt tell thi much when he's buyin thi ale all day.UTMPB

Phrases you never hear!
"VAR got it wrong" BT's resident ref on the Pickford red card farce.
BTW he's a very poor keeper.

VAR didn’t get anything wrong. The ref’s running it are doing the game (and themselves) no favours at all.
We can generally excuse the ref on the field getting a decision wrong, but they now manage to get VAR decisions wrong. Inexcusable and incompetent!
What’s VAR for if it doesn’t bring Pickford’s challenge to the attention of the on field ref?
As to the offside............. words fail me!
Sack bloody Mike Riley now - before he does the game irreparable damage.
Get someone in who understands the game - not someone who can simply memorise the written rule book.

VAR didn’t get anything wrong. The ref’s running it are doing the game (and themselves) no favours at all.
We can generally excuse the ref on the field getting a decision wrong, but they now manage to get VAR decisions wrong. Inexcusable and incompetent!
What’s VAR for if it doesn’t bring Pickford’s challenge to the attention of the on field ref?
Get someone in who understands the game - not someone who can simply memorise the written rule book.
Well said that man,Var used r8 would be very good but used as it is being used by these buffoons it's doing nothing but harm to the game.UTMPB

Well said that man,Var used r8 would be very good but used as it is being used by these buffoons it's doing nothing but harm to the game.UTMPB

It will not change or improve and whatever you think if you open your eyes and read the wider range of fans forums you will see clearly when I and others post football is dead it is because the huge majority feel it. It's got f**k all to do with the Blades winning a game. It is f*****g dead as long as VAR exists. Period.

It will not change or improve and whatever you think if you open your eyes and read the wider range of fans forums you will see clearly when I and others post football is dead it is because the huge majority feel it. It's got f**k all to do with the Blades winning a game. It is f*****g dead as long as VAR exists. Period.
In your opinion it may be dead.If it's dead why do you get so upset about it? Why not move on to something that doesn't upset you so much? Or do you like being upset? UTMPB

In your opinion it may be dead.If it's dead why do you get so upset about it? Why not move on to something that doesn't upset you so much? Or do you like being upset? UTMPB

Did you stop being upset when your mother died? Stupid,stupid post rod. When something has been a massive part of your whole life and it disappears as you knew it obviously you are still passionate about it. With respect you really do post some crap.

Did you stop being upset when your mother died? Stupid,stupid post rod. When something has been a massive part of your whole life and it disappears as you knew it obviously you are still passionate about it. With respect you really do post some crap.
Oh For Godsake,how is losing any family member the same as some childish clown(You) saying the game's dead? Thaz really lost it, have you had too much ale/drugs or what? The stupid post is most certainly yours Beany,worra a :clown:.:giggle: UTMPB

I wasn't saying VAR got it wrong, I was repeating what BT's resident ref pundit,Peter Walton, said Biggles
.An entity that doesn't intrude when such a blatant,visible mistake is useless (cf our ghost goal at Villa with the Pickford episode today) cannot get it wrong because it didn't make a decision.

As you say, literal interpretation of the rule book, without the application of common sense makes the system's application unfit for purpose.

The problem is that you can't buy,sell or teach common sense and, if you wanted the supreme example of someone completely lacking it, completely lacking in self awareness and completely apathetic and lacking any sort of empathy towards the game and the system he presides over to ,supposedly improve the game, then Riley is unopposed,supreme world champion.

I wasn't saying VAR got it wrong, I was repeating what BT's resident ref pundit,Peter Walton, said Biggles
.An entity that doesn't intrude when such a blatant,visible mistake is useless cf our ghost goal at Villa with the Pickford episode today.
As you say, literal interpretation of the rule book, without the application of common sense makes the system's application unfit for purpose.

The problem is that you can't buy,sell or teach common sense and, if you wanted the supreme example of someone completely lacking it, completely lacking in self awareness and completely apathetic and lacking any sort of empathy towards the gameand the and system he presides over to ,supposedly improve the game, then Riley is unopposed,supreme world champion.
He was a shocking ref and he's carried on being shocking in this role also TT.UTMPB

Stevie G ...... penalty at BDTBL..... I’ve always had them down as red cheating scousers...... I wish them all the bad decisions we’ve had over the years ....... they’d be in the lower leagues.

Stevie G ...... penalty at BDTBL..... I’ve always had them down as red cheating scousers...... I wish them all the bad decisions we’ve had over the years ....... they’d be in the lower leagues.
What bad decisions BB?:giggle: UTMPB

Oh For Godsake,how is losing any family member the same as some childish clown(You) saying the game's dead? Thaz really lost it, have you had too much ale/drugs or what? The stupid post is most certainly yours Beany,worra a :clown:.:giggle: UTMPB

I'll tell you what's real mate. You've played the illiterate village idiot for years and the truth is it's not an act. You are. You are incapable of differentiating between sarcasm and straight. If you can't see the point between losing a loved family member and the "game" you've known and loved almost as long then you're not worth engaging. Stay in Treeton. You were made for each other.

You're right OG but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Having said that any respect or admiration I had for them died completely when Houllier accused Warnock of whingeing when we lost the 2nd leg of the League cup semi in extra time when Kirkland should have been sent off. Pre match Warnock had said that, based on the squads' relative costs, they should wipe the floor with us and Houillier said it was disrespectful to say such a thing.