VAR - general thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

VAR - general thread

82074498_991870021198526_7689962420332134400_n.jpg

Michael Oliver becomes the first referee in English football to consult the pitchside monitor during a match. (Palace v Derby, FA Cup this afternoon).

Michael Oliver becomes the first referee in English football to consult the pitchside monitor during a match. (Palace v Derby, FA Cup this afternoon).

Maybe the PGMOL made a collective New Year's Resolution? Perhaps to get over themselves and not to be such prize pr*cks?

On a serious note.......what are the odds that one of them looks at a monitor during next weekend's Premier League fixtures?

Maybe the PGMOL made a collective New Year's Resolution? Perhaps to get over themselves and not to be such prize pr*cks?

On a serious note.......what are the odds that one of them looks at a monitor during next weekend's Premier League fixtures?
That will indeed be interesting, Skoorb.

The article is behind the Times paywall so I can't access the whole thing, but the gist is there nonetheless......

After Oliver used the monitor in the recent FA Cup game I fully expect that the journey to the the pitch side monitor, previously forbidden to referees overseeing Premier League matches, will be made soon.

Quite why this action should be lauded so loudly as a "success" is, frankly :censor: bizarre, as anyone associated with the game other than the PGMOL or the football authorities have been suggesting it might be a good idea since the start of the season.

F*cking clowns.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...remier-league-after-olivers-success-vs80szsnq

Why now? And why only for red cards? Is it because the title is safely tucked away?:hmmm:

Not an unreasonable assumption. Gradually allowing access to the onfield referee and loosening the previously tight grip of the unaccountable VAR officials only now that the title "clock" is winding down. Very sus if you ask me.

Not an unreasonable assumption. Gradually allowing access to the onfield referee and loosening the previously tight grip of the unaccountable VAR officials only now that the title "clock" is winding down. Very sus if you ask me.
At the very least, they have been exposed for the disingenuous liars they really are. I suppose they were hoping that everyone is blind and stupid.:rolleyes: