VAR - general thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

VAR - general thread

Of course we have no idea what else goes on behind the scenes at any club, there may be many reasons for this sacking and of course we don't know what might have happened in the game had the goal stood. Watford may have conceded 5+ goals etc....

But yesterday's defeat is unlikely to have helped and I am pretty sure there's a good chance he would not be looking for another job had Watford drawn or won.

Quique Sanchez Flores: Watford sack manager after less than three months in charge
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50619972

I don't think to change your manager as often as you change your boxer shorts helps either when you have zero money to spend on quality players who do not want to come to you just in case the more fashionable clubs might be on your radar and then when you get a diamond, it is almost certain that the owners will sell at the first opportunity.

We have seen it ourselves when we have been in the same position, you never ever get the rub of the green and when your confidence goes a change of manager won't save you

I don't think to change your manager as often as you change your boxer shorts helps either when you have zero money to spend on quality players who do not want to come to you just in case the more fashionable clubs might be on your radar and then when you get a diamond, it is almost certain that the owners will sell at the first opportunity.

We have seen it ourselves when we have been in the same position, you never ever get the rub of the green and when your confidence goes a change of manager won't save you
Changing managers often does work for a while, but in Watford's case I think they are doomed unless Pep was to jump ship and take them on for the rest of this season. With an assistant VAR person as well you might think the VAR decisions would be correct! Maybe we have to wait until drones and robots are in charge of matches to ensure total and complete impartiality.

He may not be my favourite European football bureaucrat but....... he's not wrong. It's a mess and he's on the same page as us regarding offsides.....

Looking at the Rodri elbow in the chops, how is that not a clear and obvious Red?

Last edited:
Just remembered - the stamp on Silva v Bournemouth plus armpit offside v West Ham.

They may be looking at ‘decisive’ interventions/non interventions but if so it is spurious because it ignores the impact in the course of a game e.g. Laporte being man handled v Spurs @ 0-0....

Interesting that the one 'armpit' decision omitted from that article........the goal Jesus scored against West Ham which was chalked off because Sterling's armpit hair was ruled offside. I think that was the first one like that this season.......but strangely the BBC managed to 'forget' this one and feature one showing how LiVARpool suffered....🙄

Interesting that the one 'armpit' decision omitted from that article........the goal Jesus scored against West Ham which was chalked off because Sterling's armpit hair was ruled offside. I think that was the first one like that this season.......but strangely the BBC managed to 'forget' this one and feature one showing how LiVARpool suffered....🙄

what is worse I think that Liverpool™failed are the ones that have been least hurt by VAR judgements and gained more than any other team bar JoMU

LiVARpool game.

VAR rules in their goal and rules put the Wolves equaliser.

For Fucks Sake.

You really couldn't make this shit up.

It is extremely rare that I ever agree with Jamie Redknapp (spit), but the fact is, he agrees with me!
“Sky Sports' Jamie Redknapp: "We have to trust the calibration but we're talking centimetres. I think they have to change the rule in the summer - it's not something the fans appreciate.
"I think maybe next year, we need to look to a situation where you can only be offside with your feet, because when people are running, you're naturally going to be leaning, it might be your head or shoulder. It just feels unfair, and it's not 100 per cent accurate either."

^ Sounds like a fair shout, plus the ref has to look at the monitor, FIFA need to get involved and do a bit of dick tateing for next season.

My biggest bug bear from the game was the chronic delay in the replay if the foul on Foden in their box and zero clarification about a VAR review.

Smelt just like the Salah goal. Totally sus.