Vandalism at Lordswood FC (n/g) | Vital Football

Vandalism at Lordswood FC (n/g)

madrid_gill

Vital 1st Team Regular
As if things weren't bad enough for non-league clubs with no games going on and no money coming in, Lordswood had vandals break into their ground a couple of days ago. Broke a set of goal posts, trashed a load of advertising hoardings and damaged the dugouts.

I know things are tough for a lot of people right now, but if anyone's got a few quid to spare to help out a local club, I know it'd be appreciated by those at the club.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/lordswood-fc-ground-repairs-following-vandalism

Wish I could say I was shocked, Chris, but unfortunately these days there do seem to be an ever-increasing number of people who just get their kicks from destroying things for others.

Thanks Mozzer, very kind, and happy birthday for next week (y)

Wish I could say I was shocked, Chris, but unfortunately these days there do seem to be an ever-increasing number of people who just get their kicks from destroying things for others.

Thanks Mozzer, very kind, and happy birthday for next week (y)
Lordswood has had a element for a few years .Maybe it is wide spread .But it could have been just around where I was but it seemed to improve about 5 or 10 years ago after we saw a rise in Police presence in the area .Cuts have meant they are no longer around and maybe this is part of the result. For the most part Lordswood is a good place to live I spent about 40 years of my life living there.

Lordswood has had a element for a few years .Maybe it is wide spread .But it could have been just around where I was but it seemed to improve about 5 or 10 years ago after we saw a rise in Police presence in the area .Cuts have meant they are no longer around and maybe this is part of the result. For the most part Lordswood is a good place to live I spent about 40 years of my life living there.

Couldn't really comment on the state of Lordswood these days. I lived there until I was 18, still go back there once a year or so to visit family (well, I did pre-Covid), but don't really tend to see much of Lordswood other than the area around my Mum's house.

I genuinely don't believe it's a real place. I've never been there, I don't know anyone who has. Ditto Meopham. And Farningham Road.

If you leave the train at the latter two you enter a parallel dimension. True story.